Author Topic: For all of you Fancher is 9-1  (Read 938 times)

Offline hffo

For all of you Fancher is 9-1
« on: October 28, 2023, 07:27:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Everything I said about him is coming to fruition.   Worse D1 QB in terms of mechanics.

He is not the only one costing us this game.   The refs have sucked ass, our defensive game scheme has sucked ass.

And one thing is for sure, Fancher doesnt have the arm to get us back in this game.   It is clear, everyone is stacking the box against us.   We cant complete a medium range pass to save our lives and open up the running game.

WE SUCK right now.   CHANGE SOMETHING UP

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

For all of you Fancher is 9-1
    « on: October 28, 2023, 07:27:33 PM »

Offline muherd34

Re: For all of you Fancher is 9-1
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 07:34:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should never blame the refs. This train wreck is on the staff,I just saw #51 roll his eyes at Huff on TV.  They are done.

The following users thanked this post: luvherd, Stripeshrt, Johns1124, ru4mu2, vanhorn78, BigJimslade

Offline hffo

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 07:35:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should never blame the refs. This train wreck is on the staff,I just saw #51 roll his eyes at Huff on TV.  They are done.

Not blaming the refs.  However, they are responsible for a 14 point swing.   

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 07:36:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We got a lot more problems than the refs, but that interception was on the refs.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 07:37:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

51 can?t move

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 07:44:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Refs aren't close to the reason we are losing the game, but they have flat out made some bad calls or no calls.

I agree that was an offensive PI on us. But then you have to call the BLATANT push off on the Coastal Carolina sideline.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 07:47:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Everything about this team is smoke and mirrors. Need to give Huff and his wife what they want...a ticket out of town.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023, 06:17:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not blaming the refs.  However, they are responsible for a 14 point swing.

The ol lets blame the refs trick
    A tried and true staple of fandom

The following users thanked this post: vanhorn78

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 08:12:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Refs are always hit or miss. If Cam had made a better throw, we wouldn't be discussing whether or not the ball hit the turf.

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2023, 08:27:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Refs are always hit or miss. If Cam had made a better throw, we wouldn't be discussing whether or not the ball hit the turf.

And that should've been the proverbial easy pitch & catch.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 08:55:33 AM by elginherd »
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 08:53:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly Elgin. How many times have we seen Cam throw passes short to an open receiver. The guy was open, Cam threw it short, the receiver had to go down to get it and the ball ended up bouncing into a defenders hands. A good throw and the refs are taken out of that equation.

The following users thanked this post: elginherd, vanhorn78

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 08:57:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That's the concern. I have a feeling the team has quit on Huff, just like they quit on Doc. Teams quitting seems to be a Marshall problem.

Why?

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 08:57:07 AM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 09:13:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly Elgin. How many times have we seen Cam throw passes short to an open receiver. The guy was open, Cam threw it short, the receiver had to go down to get it and the ball ended up bouncing into a defenders hands. A good throw and the refs are taken out of that equation.

When some of the Cammites were crowing about his 80% completion rate, they failed to see that many of his completed passes were off target.
    CCU successfully ran a bunch of those WR screen to the sidelines that we complain about. You'll notice that the passes were delivered on time and in the receivers' 'pockets'. That meant that WR had a opportunity to take advantage of the block & beat his 1-on-1 with the remaining DB. Precision is necessary.
    Fancher doesn't make routine throws routinely. The ball placement is inconsistant at best.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, muherd34

Online svherd

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 09:35:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The lack of development of Cam and any QB on the roster is clearly on QB coach Trickett and Huff. Trickett is terrible and has been. He never should be a D1 OC. Not enough experience or knowledge. We have talent issues at QB for sure, but the overall development and execution falls on the coaches

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, HerdEcon

Offline elginherd

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 09:47:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The lack of development of Cam and any QB on the roster is clearly on QB coach Trickett and Huff. Trickett is terrible and has been. He never should be a D1 OC. Not enough experience or knowledge. We have talent issues at QB for sure, but the overall development and execution falls on the coaches

That's something that we cannot say for sure.
    Is it the coaching (teaching) or is it that the QB isn't capable?

I tend to think that it's more of the latter. It's more of a recruiting issue.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 11:36:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's the concern. I have a feeling the team has quit on Huff, just like they quit on Doc. Teams quitting seems to be a Marshall problem.

Why?

Shite coaches

Are we sure Fancher is left handed? Lol
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 11:40:50 AM by Garbanjo »

Offline muherd34

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 10:47:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shite coaches

Are we sure Fancher is left handed? Lol

Lol

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 02:48:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher went from 9-1 to what? 9-5 and counting?
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline banker

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 02:56:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher went from 9-1 to what? 9-5 and counting?

Nah, Fancher hasn?t changed. The defense has gone from 9-1 to 9-5. If it was just up to Fancher it would be around 2-12.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, HoPPy785

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2023, 06:28:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's something that we cannot say for sure.

Fancher was hardly an average quarterback in high school, most of us were really surprised he was recruited as one.

Online svherd

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2023, 07:44:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's something that we cannot say for sure.

Not sure about that, but if that's the case, why not go out and get someone. Either way, this is squarely on Trickett and Huff. I've watched tons of football this year, many lower level games becuase it's more authentic and traditional, I have yet to see an offense or QB as limited as we are. Sad.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, HerdEcon

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #21 on: October 30, 2023, 07:56:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure about that, but if that's the case, why not go out and get someone. Either way, this is squarely on Trickett and Huff. I've watched tons of football this year, many lower level games becuase it's more authentic and traditional, I have yet to see an offense or QB as limited as we are. Sad.

Year 3 and this is the product from Fluff

Garbage O, D and ST

Put Huff out

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2023, 07:56:39 AM »

Offline muherd34

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2023, 07:58:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure about that, but if that's the case, why not go out and get someone. Either way, this is squarely on Trickett and Huff. I've watched tons of football this year, many lower level games becuase it's more authentic and traditional, I have yet to see an offense or QB as limited as we are. Sad.

It really is absurd how dysfunctional our offense is. We don't do anything well and when we do we follow that up with a false start or tackle for loss.  Our guys have to play football in a 5 yd bubble and our WR's are just very bad. 

Every team we play has wrs that can break tackles and make plays.  We do not have any playmaker except Ali and he wasn't even used this week.  Coaching and recruiting is beyond pathetic.

Offensive line also get worse every game.  I'm not sure any qb could do well with this coaching staff.

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #23 on: October 30, 2023, 08:47:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's the concern. I have a feeling the team has quit on Huff, just like they quit on Doc. Teams quitting seems to be a Marshall problem.

Why?

We probably have to point the thumb and not the finger on that one. Our fans boo the players and call for the coaches to be fired at the first sign of adversity. There's a reason for that and that is that Marshall is a little screwed up in the head because we pile so much on the shoulders of our football team which traces directly back to the plane crash. We see the success of our football team as a moratorium on the validity of our very existence instead of a bunch of kids whose parents may not have likely been born when the plane crashed. It would be nice if we could just enjoy it a little more.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 09:35:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We probably have to point the thumb and not the finger on that one. Our fans boo the players and call for the coaches to be fired at the first sign of adversity. There's a reason for that and that is that Marshall is a little screwed up in the head because we pile so much on the shoulders of our football team which traces directly back to the plane crash. We see the success of our football team as a moratorium on the validity of our very existence instead of a bunch of kids whose parents may not have likely been born when the plane crashed. It would be nice if we could just enjoy it a little more.

Honestly I think fans would enjoy the product if it was enjoyable.  Catos teams were that last ones I truly enjoyed watching.  I don't want to watch an anemic offense, poor oline play, poor wr play, poor qb play, poor d line play, poor lber play, poor cb play,poor special teams play and most of all, poor coaching.  I'm not sure what there is to enjoy?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, HerdEcon

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 09:35:43 AM »