Author Topic: Huff post game comments  (Read 1765 times)

Offline W0lfman

Huff post game comments
« on: October 28, 2023, 10:25:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: mu79grad

HerdFans.com

Huff post game comments
    « on: October 28, 2023, 10:25:51 PM »

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    Re: Huff post game comments
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 10:27:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all knew he would do this. Him stated Cole didn't perform well in a blowout game down 26 points will be the reason he will keep Cam in.

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Offline herd2win

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 10:29:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please don't extend Huff.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline muherd34

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 10:30:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I can say is I wish Huff was consistent in his coaching and hiring of coordinators.  You don't know what I really want to say.  Lol

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline mu1995

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 10:37:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is hands down one of the dumbest post game comments on QB play that I have seen. You threw in a RS Freshman when you were being blown out in the midst of an overall team meltdown.  There is no equivalence in comparing what Fancher should be capable of at this point in his career and Cole. 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 10:40:13 PM by mu1995 »
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, parshall2marshall, herdfan129, vanhorn78

Offline Herd at Work

• Junior Varsity
    • Still wearin the green- and still winnin
    « Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 10:39:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff should be fired , Threw Cole under the bus. No reps coming in under a blow up with a not so good team ,with poor receivers. I think Cole played like a Freshman  getting his feet wet. Still better than Fancher
    "At Marshall we play for championships"-Bob Pruett

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 10:40:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Felt bad for him.  Still think he set Cole up to prove his point though.  I wish Huff the best at Michigan State.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Online banker

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 10:47:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There?s one person that failed to perform he didn?t mention.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdfan_07

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 10:48:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact this clown wants to put it all on the QB?s is disgusting.  Take some ownership for your short comings.  This team is not prepared to play.  No game plan past NC State.  The line looks awful, the play calling is dismal, and we are just not a very well coached football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Rich Rodriguez For President"

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2023, 10:54:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Excuses.  Someone else's fault, as usual. 

How about the coaches didn't have the team prepared to play?  Were those 2 timeouts in the first 6 minutes part of the game plan?  Or the entire offensive playbook should be kicked to the curb?  Or the coaches need to do a better job scouting and evaluating opponents?  Or the coaches need to do a better job play calling and putting players in a position to make plays?

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, yogiherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2023, 10:54:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe someone should park a Uhaul in front of his house.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Offline herdfan_07

Huff post game comments
    « Reply #11 on: October 28, 2023, 10:56:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last weeks comments alone about the backup QBs being unprepared should be enough to be fired.  That is literally your job?..to have your players prepared.  It was apparent tonight he had NO players prepared.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, yogiherd, parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Huff post game comments
    « Reply #11 on: October 28, 2023, 10:56:08 PM »

Offline mu1995

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2023, 10:56:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many coaches fail because they can not evaluate QB talent.  Huff is in that category.  Can't wait until he moves on.  He will likely never be a head coach again unless it is HS which is what his offense is suited for.
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2023, 10:59:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ridiculous! Please accept the Michigan State job now!Lol! Said no one offering!
    "The Herd #1"

Offline elginherd

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2023, 11:13:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I listened to his comments, but they were accurate.

Lots of drops, lots of inaccurate passes by Fancher, good play calls ruined by drops & bad passes.
    Cole had a perfect pass ending up in a pick. Montgomery had a drop for an INT, but that was on Fancher.

I am sorry, but this loss is more on Huff & staff as GMs. The lack of explosive talent outside of one RB (Ali) handicaps both sides of the ball. The D has to play perfect to overcome the crap on Fancher's side of the ball.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 11:15:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Felt bad for him.  Still think he set Cole up to prove his point though.  I wish Huff the best at Michigan State.
    I tried to tell you guys this was a middle finger to the fans complaining about Cam. 

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, parshall2marshall, muherd34, Banshee

Offline herdfan_07

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2023, 11:25:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It definitely felt like that.  Which is a shame because he is using kids to support his own agenda.  Maybe we should put an assistant coach in his spot for a week to prove that he is as bad of a coach as we all think he is.

The following users thanked this post: herd33, muherd34, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2023, 11:29:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It definitely felt like that.  Which is a shame because he is using kids to support his own agenda.  Maybe we should put an assistant coach in his spot for a week to prove that he is as bad of a coach as we all think he is.

A sane person wouldn?t mess with the kid of a BoG member.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, parshall2marshall

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2023, 11:54:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A sane person wouldn?t mess with the kid of a BoG member.
    You do when your ego is big enough.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Online Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 12:43:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many coaches fail because they can not evaluate QB talent.  Huff is in that category.  Can't wait until he moves on.  He will likely never be a head coach again unless it is HS which is what his offense is suited for.
    I'm still hoping the opening at Itta Bena (Mississippi Valley State) comes available. Huff and his family will love it there.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 03:08:09 AM by Lord Haw-Haw »

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2023, 12:51:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He's gotta win before Michigan State will offer him a job. The more he loses he longer he stays at Marshall.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 02:28:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff should be fired , Threw Cole under the bus. No reps coming in under a blow up with a not so good team ,with poor receivers. I think Cole played like a Freshman  getting his feet wet. Still better than Fancher

Ok what about  Pennington is better than Fancher
    Can?t wait to hear this
    Are u really really watching these games

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 02:28:01 AM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2023, 06:38:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

How is he better than Cam? Because you want it to be true? He had a very bad pick. He fumbled on the their goal line and looked very awkward doing it. If he wasn't chads son, you guys would be blasting him right now. Just be truthful. They both looked awful!!

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2023, 07:42:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• How is he better than Cam? Because you want it to be true? He had a very bad pick. He fumbled on the their goal line and looked very awkward doing it. If he wasn't chads son, you guys would be blasting him right now. Just be truthful. They both looked awful!!

Imagine not practicing or being ready for a whole year for game action. Then get thrown to the wolves in a meltdown. What they did to Cole last night was a middle finger to Marshall fans. Still Cole is a QB. Fancher is a hell of an athlete.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 07:45:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True the both looked awful. The difference is one has been a starter and played and started for almost 2 seasons. The other got thrown to the wolves with no prep

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 07:45:57 AM »