Author Topic: Huff post game comments  (Read 1763 times)

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

Re: Huff post game comments
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• How is he better than Cam? Because you want it to be true? He had a very bad pick. He fumbled on the their goal line and looked very awkward doing it. If he wasn't chads son, you guys would be blasting him right now. Just be truthful. They both looked awful!!

Blasting a QB in his first live game action besides a snap or two last year in kneel down time? You're the one doing that. His first INT was a mistake. His second was the best throw either QB made all night.

Cole was far from perfect (the fumble was particularly bad), but I saw nothing experience can't iron out. I don't want him to play if he's not our best option. But I saw arm talent potential that we currently don't have with Cam. That said, Cole is a statue compared to Cam. Cam's strength is extending plays and being a threat to run. Cole needs the WR's to run good routes and get open on time. Cam often has to break the field to avoid pressure, which when healthy, he does a really good job.

Point being, neither is perfect and they're almost yin and yang.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2023, 07:55:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2023, 07:57:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even if Cole turns out to be great, I?m afraid the program is in such shambles that we won?t be able to capitalize on it. Needs a better team and better coaches around him. If we cut our losses with Huff now, maybe, just maybe, another coach can rebuild things for us to be good by Cole?s senior year. We lose more of our best players next year, and it doesn?t seem like anyone is waiting in the wings. I also fear we are going to have a mass exodus of players hitting the transfer portal to get away from this dumpster fire.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 08:00:33 AM by coloradoherd »

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2023, 08:05:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They may hit the portal, but someone will have to want them. Remember Huff brought in something like 30 players from the portal. They can't go anywhere without sitting unless, I believe, it's a lower level. Freshmen players have nothing to show other teams. It's a dumpster fire and the whole yhing needs to be razed and start from scratch. And it all starts with every coach on this team.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2023, 08:33:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our OC sucks. He has a baller in Ali and we don't run any play action to help the QBs. Quit running everything out of shotgun.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline Mako

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2023, 01:27:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Relevant ...

https://x.com/coachduzzpittfb/status/1718427601008554306
    I'll give to Narduzzi that it's on him but it has much less to do with him getting the team ready and much more to do with the fact that Pitt doesn't have the talent to compete.  They have been atrocious this year.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2023, 01:31:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Relevant ...

https://x.com/coachduzzpittfb/status/1718427601008554306

Narduzzi posted that on X after his initial press conference where he said we didn't get enough talent to replace the players that graduated and said we don't have the talent to win. He was basically throwing the players under the bus. Several Pitt players took to twitter questioning that remark in his press conference which was followed by Narduzzi's tweet. Narduzzi brings a lot on himself with his mouth.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2023, 01:39:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blasting a QB in his first live game action besides a snap or two last year in kneel down time? You're the one doing that. His first INT was a mistake. His second was the best throw either QB made all night.

Cole was far from perfect (the fumble was particularly bad), but I saw nothing experience can't iron out. I don't want him to play if he's not our best option. But I saw arm talent potential that we currently don't have with Cam. That said, Cole is a statue compared to Cam. Cam's strength is extending plays and being a threat to run. Cole needs the WR's to run good routes and get open on time. Cam often has to break the field to avoid pressure, which when healthy, he does a really good job.

Point being, neither is perfect and they're almost yin and yang.

I'm not blasting him. I'm just stating a fact. People screamed for him all year. Wanted him brought in in the middle of last game as well. So he finally gets his chance and people are bitching because he was brought in and Huff is throwing him under the bus. And now people will stick behind Cole because they don't want to be wrong. If his name was Smith they would be ripping him and Fancher this morning. But I hope he does turn out good for him because if it doesn't, it will eventually get ugly for a legends son. I personally think they should go ahead and stick with him and see if he can get better over the next 4 games. If not the staff better be finding a QB for next season.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2023, 01:42:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is clear is that Fancher is not our guy, go with Cole to find out if he can be.  If not then find a new QB for next year.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 01:56:17 PM by herd2win »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129, vanhorn78, herdorbust2

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #34 on: October 29, 2023, 02:12:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was McMahon injured or just a miscalculation?

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2023, 02:22:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go with Penny2.  He will be fine.  If not try Chase last 2 games.  Fancher needs to watch.  Bring in new OC open up the offense - best Qb wins the job.  Lots of problems in the program.  Many parts not working. 

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2023, 02:25:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was McMahon injured or just a miscalculation?

it's too late to mess with him now.  we're 2/3 thru a so-far .500 season, he's a SR, & he hasn't taken a snap in a herd uniform yet.  his window for PT has closed.  i'd rather finish 4th place getting a future QB some experience than finish 3rd & start out next season in exact same situation we're in now.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2023, 02:25:21 PM »

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2023, 02:32:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not blasting him. I'm just stating a fact. People screamed for him all year. Wanted him brought in in the middle of last game as well. So he finally gets his chance and people are bitching because he was brought in and Huff is throwing him under the bus. And now people will stick behind Cole because they don't want to be wrong. If his name was Smith they would be ripping him and Fancher this morning. But I hope he does turn out good for him because if it doesn't, it will eventually get ugly for a legends son. I personally think they should go ahead and stick with him and see if he can get better over the next 4 games. If not the staff better be finding a QB for next season.

I think you made fair points about Pennington, I don?t disagree. I personally don?t really recall anyone here screaming for him though. I recall a lot of people saying that Fancher was not the answer, and just wishing Huff would try ANYONE else - and his not doing so cited as evidence of Huff?s stubbornness.

I recall people calling for McMahon more than for Pennington, based on his experience, who I thought was the presumed number 2 prior to yesterday. I heard he might have something going on with his shoulder? I don?t know. Anyway, I don?t think anyone thought Pennington would be the savior or that we?d instantly be world beaters with him. I think they just wanted Huff to try something else, and now that he finally did, we?d like to keep seeing where it goes.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2023, 02:38:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jeff Brohm after loss to Pitt. This is a leader!!

"Well, we got beat today. I'll take the blame for it, I'm the head coach. You think you have your team ready to play, you think you've covered all the bases, make sure they understood what's happened before in the past. You talk about it, you address it, but obviously it wasn't enough. I gotta do a better job of getting us ready to play every week."

https://www.si.com/college/louisville/football/transcript-2023-game-7-vs-pitt

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2023, 02:58:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• it's too late to mess with him now.  we're 2/3 thru a so-far .500 season, he's a SR, & he hasn't taken a snap in a herd uniform yet.  his window for PT has closed.  i'd rather finish 4th place getting a future QB some experience than finish 3rd & start out next season in exact same situation we're in now.

He took a snap and completed a pass at ECU when Cam's helmet came off. Other points are spot on.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2023, 03:24:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is all more proof that the coaching staff is not developing our qbs.  True Fr across nation are being successful.  After 2 years we are showing nothing. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93

Offline elginherd

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2023, 03:45:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is all more proof that the coaching staff is not developing our qbs.  True Fr across nation are being successful.  After 2 years we are showing nothing.

Those true freshmen are more talented.
    "Development' is limited by the talent & dedication of the athlete.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2023, 04:08:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True the both looked awful. The difference is one has been a starter and played and started for almost 2 seasons. The other got thrown to the wolves with no prep

How do you know he got "no prep"? I'm sure he took reps during the week.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #43 on: October 29, 2023, 05:32:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those true freshmen are more talented.
    "Development' is limited by the talent & dedication of the athlete.

Fancher isn't a D-I QB

It is what it is

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2023, 06:19:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher isn't a D-I QB
    It is what it is

Sure doesn't look like it.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2023, 06:24:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Give Penny2 (2) years or 15 starts and I bet he averages at least 1 pass TD a game.  We implement a pro style offense and double that. 

Offline muherd34

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2023, 06:31:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• How is he better than Cam? Because you want it to be true? He had a very bad pick. He fumbled on the their goal line and looked very awkward doing it. If he wasn't chads son, you guys would be blasting him right now. Just be truthful. They both looked awful!!

I thought his throws were decent, at least he has eye discipline and can move a pocket.  Not saying he is good or gonna be good.  But he probably has had hardly any reps with the 1st team and was thrown into a blowout loss.  The defense knew we had to throw to get back into the game also. Fumble was terrible, but it was a jailbreak from our crappy oline and Fancher Fumbles EVERY GAME. His mechanics are miles better than Fancher right now and if our recievers could catch his stats wouldn't look so bad.

Not saying he is the answer and I don't think any QB will be good under this staff...webalready know Fancher is terrible.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2023, 06:31:57 PM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2023, 07:25:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Need to find out if Pennington can be our QB.  Give him first team reps all week and see what he can do.  App St is going to be a difficult game in 39'degree weather so it will be a good test in front of 30000 beveraged up Hillbillies.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2023, 08:00:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How do you know he got "no prep"? I'm sure he took reps during the week.

Because huff told us that last week after Fancher played on one leg all game

Offline elginherd

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2023, 08:31:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just watched the presser again.

Huff stated the facts, straight up. Nothing that he said wasn't true. He didn't 'throw anybody under the bus'.
    The players' performance is why they ended up under the bus. He was a lot kinder than Steve Spurrier would've been.
    These players are not 'kids'; they're young men and don't need to be protected from how they failed to produce on the field.

Now lack of talent on offense is on Huff and company. Having one explosive player on offense is a recipe for losing. The fact that he's a RB, and as such, isn't likely to remain healthy over a full season magnifies that problem.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2023, 08:31:52 PM »