Author Topic: Pikeville vs Marshall  (Read 4888 times)

Offline herdorbust2

Pikeville vs Marshall
« on: October 29, 2023, 03:29:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pikeville is winning 36-16.

HerdFans.com

Pikeville vs Marshall
    « on: October 29, 2023, 03:29:59 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

Re: Pikeville vs Marshall
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 03:33:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not looking good for the home team. Is Danny tinkering with the lineup or are we that bad?

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 03:35:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not looking good for the home team. Is Danny tinkering with the lineup or are we that bad?

We are not good. Anyone can see how this team is put together and what we lost. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. We may not win 10 games.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 03:38:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not going to judge until I get to see things in person. That will come on Wednesday. I refuse to rip players I've never seen play at Marshall.

Offline goherd73

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 03:39:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you want to listen it's on WMUL
    https://listen.streamon.fm/wfghhd5

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 03:44:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not where I can do so.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 03:46:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The WMUL announcers said that Pikeville is more physical and crashing the boards. Sounds like another Dan team that doesn't have strong players, too many skinny recruits?

Pikeville leading at the half 40-31 with MU making a run near the end of the half. Pikeville was leading by 16 or 20 points at one point in the first half.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 03:49:22 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023, 03:47:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not going to judge until I get to see things in person. That will come on Wednesday. I refuse to rip players I've never seen play at Marshall.

It's not ripping on a player. We were down 20 to an NIAI team. And Pikeville is not a good NAIA team. We will probably wear them down and win but wait till we play a real team.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 03:52:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust, in the past, you have run down the transfers and recruits that were brought in this year. I just am going to wait a few games.

The following users thanked this post: goherd24

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2023, 03:55:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust, in the past, you have run down the transfers and recruits that were brought in this year. I just am going to wait a few games.

I have not been impressed by Dan's recruiting. High school player with no DI offers and transfers who appeared to have been jettison by their former teams. Time will tell if they help win the SBC championship. Winning the SBC must be the goal for Dan just like Huff.

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 03:56:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Wait? We are playing freaking Pikeville. What is wrong with you?

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 04:07:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nothing wrong with me. Just willing to wait a couple of games. There's enough season for busting chops should things go south. By the way, I was not happy when Dan's contract was extended.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 04:07:46 PM »

Online marshallmark

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 04:11:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not for nothing, UK was only up on Georgetown by one at half and won by 23.  Let's see what happens in the 2nd half. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, Herdmeister

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 04:11:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Call me crazy, but I am actually here watching the game and I think we have potential for this year. I think our floor is as low as it?s been with Dan, but we do have potential to be a pretty good team. We were down early here, which probably was to be expected with a brand new team against a Pikeville team playing their Super Bowl. But we have locked in and are now winning and are clearly the better team.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 04:18:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not for nothing, UK was only up on Georgetown by one at half and won by 23.  Let's see what happens in the 2nd half.

Constant excuses. Georgetown would destroy Pikeville.

Online marshallmark

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 04:22:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Constant excuses. Georgetown would destroy Pikeville.

Do your homework - Georgetown was 1-1 vs. Pikeville last year. 

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, herddds, herdinphilly, goherd24

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 04:23:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Constant excuses. Georgetown would destroy Pikeville.
    Bust- do you know this or are you just trying to be negative? Because last year they played 3 times and home team won all 3. UPike won 1 and Georgetown 2. So please don?t spew ignorance to try and support your points

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, horsrman, goherd24

Offline banker

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 04:24:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Call me crazy, but I am actually here watching the game and I think we have potential for this year. I think our floor is as low as it?s been with Dan, but we do have potential to be a pretty good team. We were down early here, which probably was to be expected with a brand new team against a Pikeville team playing their Super Bowl. But we have locked in and are now winning and are clearly the better team.

You?re crazy.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 04:35:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust- do you know this or are you just trying to be negative? Because last year they played 3 times and home team won all 3. UPike won 1 and Georgetown 2. So please don?t spew ignorance to try and support your points

We will see how the season plays out. I find it funny how a few are trying to find a rainbow out of struggling against lowly pikeville. Lmao!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 04:41:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• We will see how the season plays out. I find it funny how a few are trying to find a rainbow out of struggling against lowly pikeville. Lmao!!!
    Not trying to find a rainbow out of anything. Just saying you can?t just make stuff up to support your agenda.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, Always THE HERD, goherd24

Online marshallmark

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2023, 04:42:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• We will see how the season plays out. I find it funny how a few are trying to find a rainbow out of struggling against lowly pikeville. Lmao!!!

Marshall got out to a big lead last year against Pikeville, then let them crawl back in it and only won by 14.  Not sure if struggling, then pulling away is better than jumping out to a big lead and letting up but we have that comparison now (apparently - MU up 82-66 with 4 minutes to go)

- E-Man

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 04:48:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall got out to a big lead last year against Pikeville, then let them crawl back in it and only won by 14.  Not sure if struggling, then pulling away is better than jumping out to a big lead and letting up but we have that comparison now (apparently - MU up 82-66 with 4 minutes to go)

Neither is good.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 04:48:05 PM »

Offline goherd73

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2023, 04:54:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Final 101-69
    Herd
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 05:00:17 PM by goherd73 »

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2023, 04:57:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was not able to make it today. I will be there Wednesday.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 04:58:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I looked at the boxscore.

No Goran, no Toussaint and McKey only played 5 minutes. Do we have some injuries?

It looked like Voyles came out of the blocks strong. Of course it is Pikeville, but still that is good to see.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 04:58:15 PM »