Author Topic: Pikeville vs Marshall  (Read 4889 times)

Offline GreenWhite

Re: Pikeville vs Marshall
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2023, 07:23:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need a good Herd team from somewhere.  I would love for this group to come together and challenge for the conference championship.  Not going to form an opinion until we have a better sample size.  But all wins are good wins.
    Exactly. Instead of saying we are winners/lovers on paper, let things play out a little. If we look dysfunctional after, say game9, then we can gripe about Dan and his use of the portal and freshman recruiting. Just remember, Kinsey was not highly sought after in high school.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2023, 07:23:27 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2023, 07:24:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stupid auto correct. Winners/losers.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2023, 07:24:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd woman up 62-32 at the half. You have to love Kim's style of 40 minutes of pressure. As she builds this program kids are going to lineup to play for her fast paced style.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2023, 07:30:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope you are correct.

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #54 on: October 29, 2023, 07:31:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is the womens game on the radio
    Women up 62-32 at half.  They look good. Best girls team I have seen at Marshall

Offline goherd73

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2023, 08:01:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At the end of 3 quarters Herd leads 102-55.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2023, 08:09:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Wait? We are playing freaking Pikeville. What is wrong with you?
    Your obsessed with the hopes of this DD Marshall team really tanking this year.  You got heart broken bad when DD kicked you out of practice.  Lets conduct a pole should Busts nickname be stranger danger or restraining order?

The following users thanked this post: goherd24

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2023, 08:10:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Braun and Toussaint are being redshirted.

I had a good time today. Kids played hard. Going to be a fun season. Always great being in the Cam and watching Herd Basketball.

Surely this is wrong? why would we redshirt them?

DD needs fired for poor roster management if nothing else.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, miltonherdfan

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2023, 08:11:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your obsessed with the hopes of this DD Marshall team really tanking this year.  You got heart broken bad when DD kicked you out of practice.  Lets conduct a pole should Busts nickname be stranger danger or restraining order?

Hahaha!!!! Danny doesn't deserve to win the way he recruits.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2023, 08:16:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust loving it early when we were losing while Dan plays with the lineup and said as much, that's what he would do. Couldn't wait to talk about how horrible we are, as they win the game by 40 lol. Spouting nonsense and lies when he doesn't or even if he does know that pikeville beat georgetown lol.

Like you have posted about Huff, if Dan doesn't win the SBC he needs to be fired.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2023, 08:18:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like you have posted about Huff, if Dan doesn't win the SBC he needs to be fired.

Nah Dan can lose the first conference tournament game for the third year in a row and Goherd24 will be so excited for the next year lol.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2023, 08:21:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not happy with the men's basketball program and the football team. If the coaches can't win the SBC Championship it is time for MU to move on and hire new coaches. Dan is a basketball version of Huff, he doesn't play for championships. Both are talkers, not producers.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, wlf, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2023, 08:21:14 PM »

Offline goherd73

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2023, 08:23:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Women Herd win 127-76

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2023, 08:27:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we don't make it to at least the semi's of the conference tournament, Dan needs to go. Since he was given the extension, this is all I can say about it. Should not have happened, but it did. As for Huff, he needs to go after this season. This team is not good and it's season three. In this day and age, you don't need more than three years to produce a winner.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2023, 08:31:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we don't make it to at least the semi's of the conference tournament, Dan needs to go. Since he was given the extension, this is all I can say about it. Should not have happened, but it did. As for Huff, he needs to go after this season. This team is not good and it's season three. In this day and age, you don't need more than three years to produce a winner.

So even losing in the semis of the SB is ok? Pretty low bar don't you think?

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2023, 08:31:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That is comparable with Huff finishing in the top four of the conference. Would you give Huff a pass if he finishes in fourth place in the SBC? I think everyone realizes that the SBC is a lot stronger conference in football than basketball. Time to face the facts, Dan and Huff both need to be let go if they don't win the SBC.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline mualum

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2023, 08:45:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not ripping on a player. We were down 20 to an NIAI team. And Pikeville is not a good NAIA team. We will probably wear them down and win but wait till we play a real team.

That is what happened in the second half.  In the first half it felt as if we needed to claim Jeremy Dillon's points as ours.  Their shorter center was pretty much out-playing Martin until he got in foul trouble and their smurf point guard was making us look silly.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2023, 08:53:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is what happened in the second half.  In the first half it felt as if we needed to claim Jeremy Dillon's points as ours.  Their shorter center was pretty much out-playing Martin until he got in foul trouble and their smurf point guard was making us look silly.

I didn't see the game but I listened to most of the first half on WMUL. The WMUL broadcasters were saying the same thing about the Pikeville center and point guard. They said the little point guard was playing havoc with the MU offense and their center was crashing the boards. It is only one game, we need to win the SBC championship this year or we need to make changes in the men's basketball program.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Offline mualum

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2023, 08:55:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I looked at the boxscore.

No Goran, no Toussaint and McKey only played 5 minutes. Do we have some injuries?

It looked like Voyles came out of the blocks strong. Of course it is Pikeville, but still that is good to see.

Toward the end of the game a couple of guys were trying to get a "We want Goran" chant going.  Didn't work.  Friends of his maybe.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2023, 08:59:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Toward the end of the game a couple of guys were trying to get a "We want Goran" chant going.  Didn't work.  Friends of his maybe.

Was there enough to even get a chant started? Someone sent me a pic after the game started and it looked very empty.

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2023, 09:02:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Was there enough to even get a chant started? Someone sent me a pic after the game started and it looked very empty.
    \

I would guess about 2500 or so.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2023, 09:47:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So even losing in the semis of the SB is ok? Pretty low bar don't you think?
    Not setting the bar low. Just looking for improvement over last year. I'm also trying to be realistic. How do you know other teams did not improve? Your hatred of the basketball program is so outrageous. Usually, I just move past what you post. But, since was directed at me, I needed to respond. I'm willing to see what transpires. Are you, or will you just keep on spewing negative thoughts?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, usedcars1, horsrman, goherd24, REL70

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2023, 09:47:15 PM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2023, 09:54:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not setting the bar low. Just looking for improvement over last year. I'm also trying to be realistic. How do you know other teams did not improve? Your hatred of the basketball program is so outrageous. Usually, I just move past what you post. But, since was directed at me, I needed to respond. I'm willing to see what transpires. Are you, or will you just keep on spewing negative thoughts?

Oh I see. Just improvement lol!!! That is our motto......other teams are trying to improve also so all we want is imorovement ourselves. But in football you better win and win big. What a job Danny has here at Marshall. Go Herd!!!

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2023, 09:58:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not setting the bar low. Just looking for improvement over last year. I'm also trying to be realistic. How do you know other teams did not improve? Your hatred of the basketball program is so outrageous. Usually, I just move past what you post. But, since was directed at me, I needed to respond. I'm willing to see what transpires. Are you, or will you just keep on spewing negative thoughts?

And BTW I don't hate the "program" at all. I want the program to be hugely successful. That is why some of us want change instead of 3-8 place finishes every year. Got it?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan

Offline mualum

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2023, 10:28:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett - 5 pts in 1 minute of action

Wasn't he the one who put us over 100?  He seems to be pretty comfortable out there for a walk on.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2023, 10:28:11 PM »