Author Topic: Pikeville vs Marshall  (Read 4899 times)

Offline mualum

Re: Pikeville vs Marshall
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2023, 10:35:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan's post-game press conference:

https://soundcloud.com/user-505192601/dan-dantoni-press-conference-upike-game-october-29-2023?si=76f69added1a40fea1838b22a0db6e52&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

I thought Crawford would play more minutes in his first action at Henderson Center.

Dan says the team will continue to grow as the season progresses. He says leadership has to sort it out in the preparation area.

He thought we ran the sets well. He said Kevon and Crawford have to play at a faster pace. He says they are used to playing in a slower system.

I agree about Crawford and his minutes.  From the scrimmages I've seen and this game, he looks tentative when he first comes in and gains confidence as time goes on.  It was fun watching Fricks score those slam dunks later in the game and at least two of them came on passes from Crawford.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, REL70

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2023, 10:35:33 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2023, 10:45:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like you have posted about Huff, if Dan doesn't win the SBC he needs to be fired.

I already said that, clown. But big difference, 40% of Huffs players weren't bought with 750k either. Different challenges, but same expectations, regardless.

You fools that hope basketball loses to somehow help football, are disgusting. I'll never understand why you can't be fans of both, or at least not root against basketball. Bust was having an aneurysm because we were winning last year, instead of enjoying that we were playing to win a regular season title in the last game of the year, last season.

Here we are, same ole turds, being mad that we won an exhibition game by 32 points, shot 45% from 3, and only had 6 turnovers. Lots of positives to look at instead of running to post that we were losing early like he did.

Lord, let's hope Kim doesn't tell him to stay out of practice, she'll be the worst coach in wbb history if that happens. Lol
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 10:52:53 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1, horsrman

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2023, 10:54:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I already said that, clown. But big difference, 40% of Huffs players weren't bought with 750k either. Different challenges, but same expectations, regardless.

You fools that hope basketball loses to somehow help football, are disgusting. I'll never understand why you can't be fans of both, or at least not root against basketball

I've been a huge basketball fan probably before you ever knew they existed. But I'm tired of seeing a lazy recruiter and running the program like a high school. And you can call people clowns and whatever. But you are a hypocrite!!! You piss on football after one loss and keep giving Dan chances after chances. He has NEVER won a regular season titile in a decade. He got lucky with Elmore and won 1 tournament in all that time. And 2 years in a row he has got embarrassed by a bottom feeder in the first round. And if he gets embarrassed in the first round again this year, you will be mad for a day and then all will be well again unlike you do with football.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2023, 11:17:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I've been a huge basketball fan probably before you ever knew they existed. But I'm tired of seeing a lazy recruiter and running the program like a high school. And you can call people clowns and whatever. But you are a hypocrite!!! You piss on football after one loss and keep giving Dan chances after chances. He has NEVER won a regular season titile in a decade. He got lucky with Elmore and won 1 tournament in all that time. And 2 years in a row he has got embarrassed by a bottom feeder in the first round. And if he gets embarrassed in the first round again this year, you will be mad for a day and then all will be well again unlike you do with football.

Maybe look at it this way.  I do not know the age of 24 or you, but I have never known MU basketball to be good or great.  Since I have started following MU sports, which was after I Graduated HS is 2002 they have been good some years and that's about it.  My view is that Dantoni has been the best coach if my lifetime.  I'm not some huge college bball fan either (even though it was always my favorite sport I played and coached).  Maybe he just has higher expectations and love for MU football.  Personally my expectations for basketball are very low and very high for football.  Just my 2 cents.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2023, 12:25:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • even if it's a scrimmage, glad to see two 20+ scorers and close to six scoring in double figures.  stats show win by committee and i'm hoping this team can do that consistently.  Martin could help this team with a double double every night.  45 % from 3 would also help tremendously.  it would be great if Pruett (at least in the future) really is as good a shooter as his form showed in his HS videos- it was a nice stroke from what i saw. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2023, 12:48:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My question for those who actually got to watch the game (such a shame, I watched WVU exhibition game instead)?.

Anyway, did we actually have an ?athletic ball? or just the same ole constant dribbling by a few players?
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #81 on: October 30, 2023, 01:16:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I already said that, clown. But big difference, 40% of Huffs players weren't bought with 750k either. Different challenges, but same expectations, regardless.

You fools that hope basketball loses to somehow help football, are disgusting. I'll never understand why you can't be fans of both, or at least not root against basketball. Bust was having an aneurysm because we were winning last year, instead of enjoying that we were playing to win a regular season title in the last game of the year, last season.

Here we are, same ole turds, being mad that we won an exhibition game by 32 points, shot 45% from 3, and only had 6 turnovers. Lots of positives to look at instead of running to post that we were losing early like he did.

Lord, let's hope Kim doesn't tell him to stay out of practice, she'll be the worst coach in wbb history if that happens. Lol

Dude, I typically like many of your posts but you need to chill with the name calling.

You're clearly boys with DD and that's clouded your judgement.

We can be legit in Bball if we actually put more $$$ into it, but even that wouldn't help with DD.

His time has passed........it is what it is

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, MUfan08, mr_ash_1995, Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2023, 06:22:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe look at it this way.  I do not know the age of 24 or you, but I have never known MU basketball to be good or great.  Since I have started following MU sports, which was after I Graduated HS is 2002 they have been good some years and that's about it.  My view is that Dantoni has been the best coach if my lifetime.  I'm not some huge college bball fan either (even though it was always my favorite sport I played and coached).  Maybe he just has higher expectations and love for MU football.  Personally my expectations for basketball are very low and very high for football.  Just my 2 cents.

So you settle? Well good for you. That is the attitude that keeps us down. Nice!!!

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2023, 06:25:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think that most of the posters hate dan or Huff. We just expect them to win championships and neither of them appear capable of doing it. Football is not close after three years and it is the same with basketball after nine, again nine, years. I am tired of the excuses for both of them. Neither of them are being sought after by better programs. Obviously if they were good coaches, other schools would be offering them jobs. Both coaches appear to be over their head as head college coaches and neither of them will win the SBC championship this year. Both of them look lost on the sidelines.

After three or nine years, it is a reasonable expectation of the programs, not dislike.
    No hatred, just facts. Either they win or fire them. I am tired of accepting "improvement" or waiting until next year. As George Allen of the Redskins use to say, the future is now.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 06:31:27 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2023, 06:36:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The average finish for Marshall in CUSA with DD as coach was eighth and we have thrown millions of dollars in this man's lap. How can we keep doing that, do we have no expectations at Marshall any longer?

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline goherd24

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2023, 06:48:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I've been a huge basketball fan probably before you ever knew they existed. But I'm tired of seeing a lazy recruiter and running the program like a high school. And you can call people clowns and whatever. But you are a hypocrite!!! You piss on football after one loss and keep giving Dan chances after chances. He has NEVER won a regular season titile in a decade. He got lucky with Elmore and won 1 tournament in all that time. And 2 years in a row he has got embarrassed by a bottom feeder in the first round. And if he gets embarrassed in the first round again this year, you will be mad for a day and then all will be well again unlike you do with football.

How many regular season titles do we have in basketball in the past 40 years that weren't vacated? How many conference titles? How many ncaa wins?

Dantoni has done a very good job overall, and is the best coach marshall has seen in 4 decades for mens basketball.

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1, horsrman

Offline goherd24

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2023, 06:49:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The average finish for Marshall in CUSA with DD as coach was eighth and we have thrown millions of dollars in this man's lap. How can we keep doing that, do we have no expectations at Marshall any longer?

Marshall's average finish is 4.6 throughout Dan's time here but nice try. That includes a huge outlier, being the first season finishing 11 when he was hired so late he had to field a team from the Y. Take that away and average finish is 3.8.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2023, 06:49:50 AM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2023, 07:02:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think that most of the posters hate dan or Huff. We just expect them to win championships and neither of them appear capable of doing it. Football is not close after three years and it is the same with basketball after nine, again nine, years. I am tired of the excuses for both of them. Neither of them are being sought after by better programs. Obviously if they were good coaches, other schools would be offering them jobs. Both coaches appear to be over their head as head college coaches and neither of them will win the SBC championship this year. Both of them look lost on the sidelines.

After three or nine years, it is a reasonable expectation of the programs, not dislike.
    No hatred, just facts. Either they win or fire them. I am tired of accepting "improvement" or waiting until next year. As George Allen of the Redskins use to say, the future is now.

Dan could have left after the ncaa run but didn't. He was never leaving Marshall. This was his destination type job. No amount of money would change that for him. NIL is something that has screwed up much for our basketball team. Imagine the excitement with taylor and Micah coming back, with a couple transfers etc. and the rest of the guys. We had a couple players bought off and i still think Dan will put together a good, exciting team to watch on the floor. I don't think he is coach K but he is the best we have had in my lifetime for sure, and who knows what the next guy can do, but history tells me, far worse than what we have.

If you want to make a difference, join the tip off club, come to the games. Don't jump off the ship when we are 0-0. Stop being so negative, just to be negative bust. I knew football was trash after I saw us play a few games, knew we'd be 4-4 right now, destined for a bad season. Maybe that will be the case for basketball. We might end up being a really bad marshall team. But we also MIGHT NOT. You ran in here with a smile from ear to ear, excited to rip on the basketball team for a preseason game before halftime dude. That's the problem. I was devastated to be right about our football team and see us lose. Hated it. You love it, you are genuinely excited to see us fail so you can come trash Dan and the players.

Just for once, maybe, just maybe, try to be optimistic. We lost a game to queens last year and played for the regular season title and NIT the very last game of the season, had a good year and you %^&* on them every chance you had. Support them for once.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2023, 07:05:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any MU fan shouldn't be happy with an average finish of 4th place for 8 or 9 years? We need to change the "We are Marshall" cheer to "WE ARE AVERAGE"  or maybe "We are below average".

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2023, 07:28:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In watching yesterday, we saw exactly what we saw in practice. Speed, athleticism and ball movement. As you noticed in the second half the ball moved much better when Jacob was the one getting us in our sets. He is so calm and can see the floor so well.
    We also saw that against a smaller team, as UPIKE was, our best lineup was 3 guards, Kevon, Kam and Cam along with Wyatt and Jacob.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, HerdMan84, muherd34, horsrman, REL70

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2023, 07:33:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not ripping on a player. We were down 20 to an NIAI team. And Pikeville is not a good NAIA team. We will probably wear them down and win but wait till we play a real team.

Thy did receive 16 votes in the pre-season NAIA poll
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, usedcars1

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2023, 07:38:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I looked at the boxscore.

No Goran, no Toussaint and McKey only played 5 minutes. Do we have some injuries?

It looked like Voyles came out of the blocks strong. Of course it is Pikeville, but still that is good to see.

No way you can play Goran against a team this small.
    Braun and Toussaint officially began their redshirt year Sunday
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, usedcars1, REL70

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2023, 07:45:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't he the one who put us over 100?  He seems to be pretty comfortable out there for a walk on.
    he will most likely go on scholarship next year
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2023, 07:47:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree about Crawford and his minutes.  From the scrimmages I've seen and this game, he looks tentative when he first comes in and gains confidence as time goes on.  It was fun watching Fricks score those slam dunks later in the game and at least two of them came on passes from Crawford.
    In talking to Cam after the game, he was excited about how he played. He said he was nervous at the start but after scoring and getting in the flow he settled down and played his game.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, HerdMan84, mualum, muherd34, horsrman, REL70

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2023, 08:18:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So we are redshirting Braun and Toussaint and giving priest a scholarship. There is 3 tied up that will get very little playing time in their careers. Danny never learns.

Offline scope58

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2023, 08:20:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At the end of 3 quarters Herd leads 102-55.
    That never happened . Nobody got thrown out of practice.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, my wife is talking about going to the Ohio game. I told her I wanted to see how we were doing before I committed to any road trip, short or long. So, I will not comment about basketball again, good or bad, until that time comes. I think, by that time, we will have a good sample to see how this team can play.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline Collis P

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2023, 09:07:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I miss the Huckabee and Pruitt................................................................................
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, wlf, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2023, 09:44:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many regular season titles do we have in basketball in the past 40 years that weren't vacated? How many conference titles? How many ncaa wins?

Dantoni has done a very good job overall, and is the best coach marshall has seen in 4 decades for mens basketball.

There is that, we should settle because of our past lol!!! Are you glad soccer didn't settle? You will never find wrong with Danny no matter how many years he fails. He is in way over his head and runs the program like his high school days. Good grief the guy has got exposed the last 2 years in the conference tournament.

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2023, 09:45:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I miss the Huckabee and Pruitt................................................................................

Ironically, both got Marshall placed on probation. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2023, 09:45:57 AM »