Author Topic: Charles Huff Weekly Press Conference (Appy State Week)  (Read 486 times)

Online GoHerd35

Charles Huff Weekly Press Conference (Appy State Week)
« on: October 31, 2023, 04:22:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

Charles Huff Weekly Press Conference (Appy State Week)
    « on: October 31, 2023, 04:22:36 PM »

Online Johns1124

Re: Charles Huff Weekly Press Conference (Appy State Week)
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 04:57:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• 0:08 - 0:12

Did Own say what I thought he did? Why would Harbough be at the Pressor? Now we know how the Big - 10 spy Huff mentioned is.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 06:33:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Presser makes me wonder what Huff could accomplish with experienced, talented coordinators and a top-notch recruiter. Then again one might say almost half this Board might find considerable success equipped with such resources.

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online herd1990

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 06:55:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This ain't exactly hard hitting journalism in these pressers.  Almost like the questions are given to the writers to ask from the Shewey Building.  Softballs!

Online herd2win

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 07:07:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How tough is it to ask what are you going to do about an offense that has only scored 1 TD in the last 10 quarters?  Instead of dancing around the question, ask Huff if he is starting Pennington or Fancher this week.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, parshall2marshall, HerdEcon

Offline banker

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 07:10:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Presser makes me wonder what Huff could accomplish with experienced, talented coordinators and a top-notch recruiter. Then again one might say almost half this Board might find considerable success equipped with such resources.

I?ll make Marshall a deal. Give me the same $2.7MM salary pool you have given to Huff and I will guarantee improvement in all areas of the program. How can I do that?  Because I won?t take a salary but will allocate $1.25MM for the defensive staff and $1.25MM for the offensive staff. The other $200,000 will go into a bonus pool. I could pay coordinators $750k each and would let them hire their own position coaches out of their $500,000 salary pool. That would attract the best staff at the G5 level.

Since I have hired the absolute best staff I only have to worry about the big picture and the other areas of responsibility of the position, university relations, press, public relations, fundraising, and conflict resolution along with mentoring the other coaches in those areas.  A good leader hires competent people, gives them a vision and gets out of their way unless objectives aren?t being met.  It?s no different than any other executive management position.

You don?t have to be a football genius to be a head coach. You can hire those. You need to be an expert on managing people and relationships, getting those people to buy in to a common vision, and effectively monitoring and adjusting processes to achieve that vision.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, muherd34, HerdEcon

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 08:06:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?ll make Marshall a deal. Give me the same $2.7MM salary pool you have given to Huff and I will guarantee improvement in all areas of the program. How can I do that?  Because I won?t take a salary but will allocate $1.25MM for the defensive staff and $1.25MM for the offensive staff. The other $200,000 will go into a bonus pool. I could pay coordinators $750k each and would let them hire their own position coaches out of their $500,000 salary pool. That would attract the best staff at the G5 level.

Since I have hired the absolute best staff I only have to worry about the big picture and the other areas of responsibility of the position, university relations, press, public relations, fundraising, and conflict resolution along with mentoring the other coaches in those areas.  A good leader hires competent people, gives them a vision and gets out of their way unless objectives aren?t being met.  It?s no different than any other executive management position.

You don?t have to be a football genius to be a head coach. You can hire those. You need to be an expert on managing people and relationships, getting those people to buy in to a common vision, and effectively monitoring and adjusting processes to achieve that vision.

Add motivational speaker to the list.  Keep the players, fans, donors, and students motivated.  I've heard Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban speak on several occasions, both are great motivational speakers.

Don't forget the salary pool for support staff.  The quality control, analysts, and recruiting coordinators are usually the people that breakdown film on opponents and prospective recruits for the coaching staff. 

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 08:06:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is this Harbaugh comments they keep talking about?

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 08:24:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was Halloween and one of people in the press pool was dressed as Harbaugh with Michigan hat, blue shirt, glasses, play sheet & binoculars.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Johns1124

Online svherd

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 07:52:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?ll make Marshall a deal. Give me the same $2.7MM salary pool you have given to Huff and I will guarantee improvement in all areas of the program. How can I do that?  Because I won?t take a salary but will allocate $1.25MM for the defensive staff and $1.25MM for the offensive staff. The other $200,000 will go into a bonus pool. I could pay coordinators $750k each and would let them hire their own position coaches out of their $500,000 salary pool. That would attract the best staff at the G5 level.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, an HC is only as good as his connections within the coaching fraternity. Huff didn't have any, or at least qood ones.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, HerdEcon

Offline muherd34

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 09:22:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again, an HC is only as good as his connections within the coaching fraternity. Huff didn't have any, or at least qood ones.

SV, do you think it's because of his time in the business or personality?  Personally I believe it's a little of both.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 09:22:29 AM »