Author Topic: Cam starting again Saturday.  (Read 1610 times)

Online chris88

Re: Cam starting again Saturday.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How do you tell media that your QB is playing, at times, on one leg and NOT expect the defense to target him with pressure?
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2023, 10:46:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He only has 8 int for the whole season. Far cry from 2-3 guranteed.

Maybe the problem is Tricketts conservative play calling. Anyone ask themselves that?
    Play calling has to fit the capabilities of the personnel.
    I've posted this on another thread:
    Most of our complaints about 'coaching' stem from issues with talent and the FB IQ of the players.
    The route tree traffic jam isn't because of the play's design or coaching, that's because one of the players busted his assignment or read the wrong leverage.
    The QB's lack of accuracy leads to interceptions and incompletions in addition to YAC, will affect play calling.
    Also bear in mind that some of the conservatism is because of the QB'S reluctance in throwing down field even when there's a clear opportunity to do so.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Offline muherd34

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2023, 11:26:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Play calling has to fit the capabilities of the personnel.
    Most of our complaints about 'coaching' stem from issues with talent and the FB IQ of the players.
    The route tree traffic jam isn't because of the play's design or coaching, that's because one of the players busted his assignment or read the wrong leverage.
    The QB's lack of accuracy leads to interceptions and incompletions in addition to YAC, will affect play calling.
    Also bear in mind that some of the conservatism is because of the QB'S reluctance in throwing down field even when there's a clear opportunity to do so.

I agree with what your saying except for the route tree traffic jams.  It happens way too much for it not to be by design.   We try to "rub" or set a "pick" a defender with our 2nd wrs on alot of plays and we just aren't very good at it.  That's on coaching and not using the whole field to create passing opportunities.  If our players Football iqs are low then we need simple trees and simple instructions to sit in zones.  But, at the end of the day, like you said, you have to be able to hit a wr in stride or rhythm so they can be effective.

Online Source03

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2023, 02:23:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is a suggestion have Cole start the game and play the first quarter look back Francher has been terrible the first quarter. Since we haven?t  dcore that much we can see what cole might do. That will determine if cam into the game later

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2023, 08:41:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is a suggestion have Cole start the game and play the first quarter look back Francher has been terrible the first quarter. Since we haven?t  dcore that much we can see what cole might do. That will determine if cam into the game later

Great idea

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #30 on: November 04, 2023, 08:49:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coach Huff last year talked about "Down coaching" to Cam.  Find things he does well and making him comfortable and keeping his confidence level up with easier throws.  Also limiting the amount of risky throws that could end up being an interception. 

Cam throw's downfield about 12-15 times a game and about 20 times a game he throws short passes, that are less than 5 yards.  We also run the ball on 3rd down several times a game to take pressure off of Cam.

They are letting him play to his ability, as a first year starter. 

However, don't think for a second that Trickett is calling 3 yard passes because Trickett isn't smart enough to call a vertical passing game. 

He's calling them to put Cam in successful situations and build his confidence and to limit's failures (interceptions). 

Look at our Redzone calls, Cam has 8 TDs in 8 games and Ali has 11 TDs in 7 games.  It's because in the redzone the spacing between defenders and receivers tightens up and the throwing windows get smaller, the chances for defenders to make a play of the ball go up, so we run the ball in the redzone, which is smart football. 

Trickett is calling the game that Cam can execute and if Cam could throw 50 yard go balls.  We would be throwing them all game.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, elginherd

Offline muherd34

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2023, 08:50:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As much as I don't like Fancher at Qb I think it would be reckless to start Cole in that environment.  Also, I have 0 faith that our staff can groom a Qb and make them better.  So tie our Oline, developmental staff and play calling into the mix and I don't see a qb being successful.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2023, 09:04:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lose this game

Pennington a game starts - wins stays / loses start chase next week

One of these guys is it

Same time get a Qb from portal.  A good one not hurt.  NLI deal

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline banker

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2023, 01:14:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As much as I don't like Fancher at Qb I think it would be reckless to start Cole in that environment.  Also, I have 0 faith that our staff can groom a Qb and make them better.  So tie our Oline, developmental staff and play calling into the mix and I don't see a qb being successful.

That?s the advantage with Cole, we don?t have to count on the staff. Didn?t you hear Huff say he got a list of 14 things Cole did wrong from Chad before they even got on the bus and that he had already started talking to Cole about them. Chad won?t interfere with Cam but will help Cole.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, muherd34

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Play calling has to fit the capabilities of the personnel.
    I am definitely not a Tricket fan but it?s tough to run and offense we your QB is limited to slants and WR screen passes

Offline elginherd

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2023, 02:20:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I want to see Cole & Chase alternate games.  Bowl doesn?t matter.

Bowls do matter...
    It's more or less a second spring practice.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline goherd24

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2023, 02:24:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bowls do matter...
    It's more or less a second spring practice.

Eh, debatable really. No way of measuring how it has a bearing on next years performance. Half of the guys practicing for the bowl probably won't even be back. It's months and months til spring practice then months til fall camp. Good for the team regardless, but the extra practice isn't gonna do much imo. It sure didn't for this team or cam

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2023, 02:24:47 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2023, 02:42:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Eh, debatable really. No way of measuring how it has a bearing on next years performance. Half of the guys practicing for the bowl probably won't even be back. It's months and months til spring practice then months til fall camp. Good for the team regardless, but the extra practice isn't gonna do much imo. It sure didn't for this team or cam

I do not agree with the highlighted part.

Coaches love the opportunity for the bowl practices; however, I do agree that it's questionable regarding the following season.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2023, 04:15:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not agree with the highlighted part.

Coaches love the opportunity for the bowl practices; however, I do agree that it's questionable regarding the following season.

We lose all the seniors, ali, who knows about the portal. Probably not half but a good number won't be in green and white next season

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2023, 05:33:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recruit instead.  Send the players home after meetings.  Let them and the coaches stew.

Offline mu1995

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2023, 08:59:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher has three turnovers at App State.  Hate being right on this one but it was too easy.
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

HerdFans.com

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2023, 08:59:04 PM »