Author Topic: Cam starting again Saturday.  (Read 1613 times)

Offline herd1990

Cam starting again Saturday.
« on: October 31, 2023, 06:54:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At least that's what I got from Coach Fluff's latest press conference.   I'd be surprised if we see Cole again unless Cam is injured.  JMO.

HerdFans.com

Cam starting again Saturday.
    « on: October 31, 2023, 06:54:06 PM »

Offline MicDrass1

Re: Cam starting again Saturday.
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 07:09:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I want to see Cole & Chase alternate games.  Bowl doesn?t matter. 

Online herd2win

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 07:11:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I listened to the call and must have missed it that Huff said Cam was starting.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 07:17:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watched the PC twice and am still uncertain lol .... but I think the inference was strongly that Cam would start.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herd1990

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 07:42:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I listened to the call and must have missed it that Huff said Cam was starting.

He didn't say it but he did say at one point, " If Cole gets back in there".  That's why I'm assuming it's Cam from here on out.  I could be wrong.

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 07:43:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After watching the presser I fully expect Huff to start Fancher Saturday. He made the point several times that Fancher wasn't pulled because the coaches don't think he's the guy. He was pulled, just like other players, because he simply wasn't playing well at that time. If you pay attention he clearly says Cole is not ready.

Online herdinphilly

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 07:46:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was out of the country. Did CP look really bad, in over his head? I still remember his dad's first game against UTC (IIRC). Didn't he throw 5 INTs?

Offline mu1995

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 07:48:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher is guaranteed 2 to 3 turnovers per game.  Usually a combination of fumbles and interceptions.  That has been proven over a number of games.  I have said it before, but failure to recognize QB talent is the leading cause of college football coaching careers ending.  There is a reason no other programs recruited Fancher as a QB.
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline herd1990

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 08:03:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was out of the country. Did CP look really bad, in over his head? I still remember his dad's first game against UTC (IIRC). Didn't he throw 5 INTs?

He looked bad on 2 plays.  A fumble down near his own goal line where he should have taken a sack.  And he threw an ugly pic right to a defender.  The other pic was 100% on his receiver who should have made a catch on a perfect downfield pass.  He actually looked like he had a decent command of the offense.  The game speed was definitely an adjustment for him.  And unfortunately, he has his dad's foot speed 😂.  He's got potential though!

The following users thanked this post: goherd24

Offline MCA23

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2023, 08:31:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I mean he looked about how you would expect a RS FR who never played meaningful minutes to look.  He wasn't bad.  He showed a much liver arm than Cam though.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023, 08:39:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He looked really bad. Has a noodle arm too

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2023, 08:40:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I mean he looked about how you would expect a RS FR who never played meaningful minutes to look.  He wasn't bad.  He showed a much liver arm than Cam though.

Lol
    Stop it

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2023, 08:40:19 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: October 31, 2023, 09:21:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fluff should be fired immediately if he starts Fancher again

Dude is no bueno

End of story

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, herdfan129

Offline goherd24

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2023, 11:08:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He looked bad on 2 plays.  A fumble down near his own goal line where he should have taken a sack.  And he threw an ugly pic right to a defender.  The other pic was 100% on his receiver who should have made a catch on a perfect downfield pass.  He actually looked like he had a decent command of the offense.  The game speed was definitely an adjustment for him.  And unfortunately, he has his dad's foot speed 😂.  He's got potential though!

He pulled it and ran for a good gain one play. And the play that he read rhe blitz and threw the hot route was beautiful. Fancher hasn't done that all season

There is absolutely no reason to start Fancher. Our season is over, Fancher is not the guy. Let's see what the future can hold. Playing Cole is also the only way you have fans in the stadium the last couple home games too
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:11:48 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, parshall2marshall, ed swain, herdfifteen

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2023, 11:13:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?ve defended Fancher more than almost anyone. I?ve also defended him longer than most people outside of the coaching staff. I will also say all of this is not 100% his fault. I actually see the athletic potential the coaches see in him?. But having said that?.

We should start Cole or at least have Fancher on a very short leash. Cole looked like an inexperienced QUARTERBACK. Fancher has NEVER looked like a quarterback.

Cole actually threw the ball downfield more in 2-3 series than Fancher has all season long.

I saw enough to know Cole deserves a shot. We haven?t seen enough to say he?s better than Fancher this year. We haven?t seen enough to know if he?s the future, but we have seen enough to know that we want to see more of Cole and see if he can grow/mature and improve.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, muherd34, ed swain, ThunderCat98, herdorbust2

Offline elginherd

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2023, 11:20:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At this point, Huff & Trickett have to start the QB who they feel will give them the best chance to win. The reason is that 6th victory, which at this point, is gonna be challenging to obtain.
    I think we all pretty much believe that Cam's ceiling as a QB is pretty low, but making the bowl game is a pretty big deal for a few reasons even if the bowl looks pretty crappy to the outside world. So playing another QB primarily for the future instead of winning this season will be off the table.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, HerdEcon

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2023, 05:49:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But I will say that Penny2.0 is better with fakes
    He is a dang wizard of fakery

Online Johns1124

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2023, 06:40:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher is guaranteed 2 to 3 turnovers per game.

He only has 8 int for the whole season. Far cry from 2-3 guranteed.

Maybe the problem is Tricketts conservative play calling. Anyone ask themselves that?

Offline muherd34

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2023, 07:36:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He only has 8 int for the whole season. Far cry from 2-3 guranteed.

Maybe the problem is Tricketts conservative play calling. Anyone ask themselves that?

Can you find our how many fumbles he has had?  I can't find them, plus mesh point miscommunications.  Think that is where he is getting the 2-3 turnovers a game, also he may be embellishing some.

Trickett is a terrible OC, is route trees are a joke.  His wrs often end up in the same space on his patterns. He also wants to keep everything 7yds and in, which someone on here so eloquently put it (playing in a phone booth). 

Fancher does turn the ball over every game and gives us 10% chance if hitting big pass plays.  He is a very bad D-1 qb.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain

Offline mu1995

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 07:53:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Interceptions are only part of the story.  Fancher has a number of fumbles also.  Fancher has bobbled multiple hand offs and I am not sure every one has been assigned to him fully, but he has a big part in several.   Beyond the interceptions and fumbles, Fancher's ball handling is as bad as I have seen,  on multiple occasions will turn the wrong way to hand off.  One of the more obvious was at Coastal.  Marshall is ranked 113 on turnover margin.  We have had a number of takeaways on defense so the biggest element in the negative number is from offense and Fancher has the most of any player. 

If he starts at App State. I expect at least two turnovers attributed to Cam. My odds would be much better than someone taking the position that he will have 0 unless he doesn't play.

I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 07:57:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FWIW: A quick check of ESPN box scores, Cam has fumbled in four games. 1@ECU; 2@ODU; 2@NCSU and 1@JMU.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, muherd34

Online FilmJunky

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2023, 08:37:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not saying Cam should start, but when Marshall fans quit thinking a Pennington has to be the QB of Marshall we as a fan base will be better off. It's like thinking the United States needs a president over the age of 75...

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, Rockin Herd Fan, BigJimslade

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2023, 08:37:28 AM »

Offline RollingThunder80

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2023, 08:46:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chad was at the game watching from behind the fence on the end with the scoreboard. I wonder what he thought of Huffs decision to put in his son late in the game in that position? 

Offline muherd34

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2023, 08:46:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FWIW: A quick check of ESPN box scores, Cam has fumbled in four games. 1@ECU; 2@ODU; 2@NCSU and 1@JMU.

I looked, but couldn't find it.  Thank you

Offline muherd34

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2023, 08:50:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not saying Cam should start, but when Marshall fans quit thinking a Pennington has to be the QB of Marshall we as a fan base will be better off. It's like thinking the United States needs a president over the age of 75...

I dont care who starts.  I'm looking for a future qb and don't care if his last name is Smith,Pennington, Moss or Joe Blow. We absolutely want Cole to succeed, but I believe all the fans just want a qb to succeed in general.  It's obvious the Fancher experiment should be dead.  Would love to eat crow and be wrong about Fancher and Trickett.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2023, 08:50:39 AM »