Author Topic: A couple of random bits of Herd fandom  (Read 914 times)

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
A couple of random bits of Herd fandom
« on: November 01, 2023, 09:06:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the Notre Dame win, I bought six of the souvenir tickets issued as a fundraiser. I kept on as it was, sent one to a friend and sent the other four to various people with key roles in the historic win, along with an SASE and a request for an autograph. Laborn's came back almost immediately and Coach Huff's a couple of days later. I wrote the other two off, but yesterday I got on back along with a nice note from Henry Colombi expressing gratitude for his time at Marshall and an apology for taking so long to get back to me as he has moved a couple of times and found my letter in a stack that had been packed away.

A separate random bit of fandom. Both Morgan Zerkle and Jim Donnan are available on Cameo to record random greetings and birthday wishes.
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 10:11:31 AM by bbcard1 »

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, Johnnyherd, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

A couple of random bits of Herd fandom
    « on: November 01, 2023, 09:06:14 AM »

Online herd2win

Re: A couple of random bits of Herd fandom
    « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:08:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Columbi was super solid in the ND win.  He and Laborn were a string duo for the offense that day. 

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, Flat Tire 2, herdfan129

Online muherd34

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 09:20:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Columbi will never be forgotten for that ND win.  Will always be a Son of Marshall to me.  Wish it could have worked out for him here for 1 season.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, ed swain, Flat Tire 2, herdly4

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 11:12:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Columbi will never be forgotten for that ND win.  Will always be a Son of Marshall to me.  Wish it could have worked out for him here for 1 season.

What are the criteria to become a Son of Marshall?

What about women ? Daughter of Marshall ??

Online muherd34

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 11:16:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What are the criteria to become a Son of Marshall?

What about women ? Daughter of Marshall ??

Jesus, it's a saying.  You are a dense person, are you a MU fan? Yes women would obviously be daughters.  Nothing gets past you.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ru4mu2, herdinphilly, Johnnyherd

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 11:23:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The secrecy surrounding the football program is nuts to me.  Did he get hurt at Bowling Green or not?  Was he healthy later in the year and was a decision made to start Cam for the future?  Why didn't he travel to the Myrtle Beach Bowl to be available when Cam got hurt? 

Ernie Salvatore would have found out...
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: GreenSteve, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, muherd34, wlf, overherd1, Lord Haw-Haw

Online muherd34

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 11:28:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The secrecy surrounding the football program is nuts to me.  Did he get hurt at Bowling Green or not?  Was he healthy later in the year and was a decision made to start Cam for the future?  Why didn't he travel to the Myrtle Beach Bowl to be available when Cam got hurt? 

Who knows.  Unfortunately we do not have brave journalists that ask the difficult or interesting questions.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, ThunderCat98, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline richmondherdfan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So Laborn, Huff, and Columbi got back to you, who was the 4th?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 11:35:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So Laborn, Huff, and Columbi got back to you, who was the 4th?

Gilmore. But you never know...it still could happen.

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 11:47:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jesus, it's a saying.  You are a dense person, are you a MU fan? Yes women would obviously be daughters.  Nothing gets past you.

This puta brings nothing to the board

He's not even funny.......he's just like a wet fart

Put little jimmy out

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, svherd, ru4mu2, muherd34, wasbarryb, Johnnyherd, herdfan129

Offline thelonderee

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 11:58:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who knows.  Unfortunately we do not have brave journalists that ask the difficult or interesting questions.

The difference today is that if a journalist asks the hard questions enough, they get cut off which means they no longer have access to do their jobs. Coaches today have very thin skin.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ru4mu2, ed swain, herdly4, ThunderCat98, BigJimslade

Online muherd34

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 12:05:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The difference today is that if a journalist asks the hard questions enough, they get cut off which means they no longer have access to do their jobs. Coaches today have very thin skin.

I definitely see your point and it's a fair point.  I don't know how many journalists are around the program, but the only way to get past that is you would have to have all of them on the same page asking hard questions together.  Can't kick them all out.  Lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 12:05:53 PM »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2023, 12:55:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I definitely see your point and it's a fair point.  I don't know how many journalists are around the program, but the only way to get past that is you would have to have all of them on the same page asking hard questions together.  Can't kick them all out.  Lol

I think Luke C. does a pretty good job.  For all I know he may actually be asking those questions, and just is getting stonewalled.  I believe that scenario is more likely than not asking. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline coalherd

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2023, 07:49:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The secrecy surrounding the football program is nuts to me.  Did he get hurt at Bowling Green or not?  Was he healthy later in the year and was a decision made to start Cam for the future?  Why didn't he travel to the Myrtle Beach Bowl to be available when Cam got hurt? 

Absolutely, marshallmark.  Ole Ernie was the "onliest Herd finder outer for Meeeeeeeeeeeee"!!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, ThunderCat98, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #14 on: November 01, 2023, 09:02:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the Notre Dame win, I bought six of the souvenir tickets issued as a fundraiser. I kept on as it was, sent one to a friend and sent the other four to various people with key roles in the historic win, along with an SASE and a request for an autograph. Laborn's came back almost immediately and Coach Huff's a couple of days later. I wrote the other two off, but yesterday I got on back along with a nice note from Henry Colombi expressing gratitude for his time at Marshall and an apology for taking so long to get back to me as he has moved a couple of times and found my letter in a stack that had been packed away.

A separate random bit of fandom. Both Morgan Zerkle and Jim Donnan are available on Cameo to record random greetings and birthday wishes.

That's a really awesome and classy gesture of you to do that, btw.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2023, 09:25:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Luke C. does a pretty good job.  For all I know he may actually be asking those questions, and just is getting stonewalled.  I believe that scenario is more likely than not asking.

Creasy does nothing but lob softball questions at the coaching staff.
    Just like Traylor. Both are lap dogs.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2023, 03:57:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He was a better option than what we have this year.

Online bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #17 on: November 03, 2023, 04:09:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was a better option than what we have this year.

Until he got hurt, he was among our better QBs in recent memory. It is such a tough position. Birdsong would have been a good QB for us had he not gotten injured.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2023, 04:09:29 PM »