Author Topic: Men's basketball on WMUL  (Read 1725 times)

Offline MUonium

Men's basketball on WMUL
« on: November 01, 2023, 07:14:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

Men's basketball on WMUL
    « on: November 01, 2023, 07:14:46 PM »

Online girthyherdon

Re: Men's basketball on WMUL
    « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 08:27:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Only up 2 at half.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 08:32:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Up 7 with 6 minutes left.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline Luke80

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 08:43:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where?s Nate Martin tonight?

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 08:45:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd up 98-72 with a couple of minutes to go.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 08:48:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where?s Nate Martin tonight?

Dan told Paul Swann that he was out tonight but will be ready for Monday.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 08:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 101-85. Need to get a lot better fast.

Online GoHerd35

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 08:53:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Box score for those interested.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99, REL70

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 08:53:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Final 103-85

Voyles and Fricks with solid games. Fricks had a double-double. Connor had 9 assists. McKey seemed fairly productive in the 7 minutes that he played.

Stats show we had trouble with their backcourt that scored 21 and 11 points respectively on over 60% FG shooting combined. Their small forward had 16 points.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 08:58:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fricks scores 20 points in the second half. Like wow.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 09:26:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan's first comment on the post game show "that team had 23 and 24 year old players".  Man I get tired of hearing that from Dantoni.  Does he look up these guys birth certificates. Get over  it coach.

TRS
    MU 71

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 09:49:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan's first comment on the post game show "that team had 23 and 24 year old players".  Man I get tired of hearing that from Dantoni.  Does he look up these guys birth certificates. Get over  it coach.

TRS
    MU 71

He is a snake oil salesman. He uses it every game and every year. It's getting old.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 09:49:10 PM »

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2023, 09:50:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agreed. That line is getting old. He has used that for 3 years straight. Lees McCrae's leading scorer tonight was a transfer from mighty Salem (WV), a D2 independent, that lost last year to the likes of Tiffin, Alderson Broaddus (now closed), Lake Erie and Bluefield State. Those are hardly D2 world-beaters in the modern age (AB was at one time). He averaged 14 ppg there.

The other "older" players that they had played on a 13-16 Division 2 team last year and went 9-11 in their conference.

I really don't know what the age of their players would have to do with any thing. But I am sure I will be informed. Or I guess I could go into his office and get clarification.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfan129

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2023, 10:03:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn?t get to go tonight but I see 28 assists on 41 buckets and I see 36-37% from 3 and we scored over 100 again. Those are all good signs regardless of who the opponent is. Then ball is moving and shots are falling.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, horsrman, REL70

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2023, 10:12:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just win!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MicDrass1, REL70

Offline herdman22

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2023, 10:16:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At least we didn't play Pace or Kentucky Wesleyan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, pembrook burrows III

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2023, 10:42:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have played 2 very very weak opponents. But he is already using the youth excuse for cover later.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline MUther

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2023, 10:45:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agreed. That line is getting old. He has used that for 3 years straight. Lees McCrae's leading scorer tonight was a transfer from mighty Salem (WV), a D2 independent, that lost last year to the likes of Tiffin, Alderson Broaddus (now closed), Lake Erie and Bluefield State. Those are hardly D2 world-beaters in the modern age (AB was at one time). He averaged 14 ppg there.

The other "older" players that they had played on a 13-16 Division 2 team last year and went 9-11 in their conference.

I really don't know what the age of their players would have to do with any thing. But I am sure I will be informed. Or I guess I could go into his office and get clarification.

We had the same opportunity at 6 year players everyone else did.  Either they left before they were super seniors or they weren't good enough to play or weren't developed into players.  We've had very few play from freshman to past senior year.  Still have some on the team but they don't see the floor. 

You want 23-24 year olds to play, then you have to find guys that can ball, do what you have to, to keep them here, and keep developing them so the extra years payoff.  We don't see much of any of that.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline ed swain

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2023, 11:07:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see the worst season since Daniel?s was coach coming,but Dan will be back again in 24-25!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline mualum

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 11:48:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This DII team from North Carolina was more than a match athletically but couldn't match our size.  We were able to score on them.  However, they took advantage of our very weak interior defense and somewhat lackadaisical rebounding.  Sounds familiar, right?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 11:51:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see the worst season since Daniel?s was coach coming,but Dan will be back again in 24-25!

Tell me you didn't watch Jirsa's final season without telling me you didn't watch Jirsa's final season..

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, Always THE HERD, usedcars1

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2023, 03:39:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If this coming season is worse than two seasons ago, then this is going to be a very very very bad season.  You may be right, but with two out of threee seasons in a row being among the worse two ever at Marshall the only way they will be filling the Cam is if Spears tarps every seat that isn't a front row seat.

I understand Dan has special status here at Marshall, but at some point even his seemingly flameproof underwear has to give in to the heat.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2023, 03:39:20 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2023, 06:06:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I may be wrong but I think when we play a real team that can match our size we are in major trouble. Like another poster said, defense and rebounding is always over looked by this staff.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, mualum

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2023, 07:52:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

TRS
    MU 71

Herdmeister posted in another thread that Dan seems to be judging college ball based his college playing experience in 1968. He has no college coaching experience prior to coming to MU. The game has changed and it is hard for an older person to adapt to change. He seems lost with covid and the portal.

Maybe he should go back to coaching high school college where the player's ages are the same?

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, herdorbust2

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2023, 09:19:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FTR;
    Lees-McRae is coming off a 13-16 season last year and suffered a 1st round loss in the Carolinas tournament...
    Age has little to do with this team. They simply are not competitive. Their HC however, is in his, "I believe" 12th season...

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2023, 09:19:47 AM »