Author Topic: Men's basketball on WMUL  (Read 1708 times)

Offline FilmJunky

Re: Men's basketball on WMUL
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2023, 09:22:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd basketball stinks

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2023, 09:22:55 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2023, 09:23:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Luckily we have some easy games to start the season. Queens lost their best player that hurt us last year and are picked near the bottom of the ASUN. Radford is average at best. And Utah St lost every starter from last season I believe.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline goherd24

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2023, 10:10:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looked good to me. Solid shooting, minus the free throw line. Martin will give us that scrappy inside play. Kid was a stud for texas state. Excited to see him in a few days.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2023, 10:39:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looked good to me. Solid shooting, minus the free throw line. Martin will give us that scrappy inside play. Kid was a stud for texas state. Excited to see him in a few days.

Lmao!!! Stud? He averaged 8 points a game. A it's easy to look good against teams with 5'7"-6'4" players from NAIA and D2.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2023, 10:41:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Luckily we have some easy games to start the season. Queens lost their best player that hurt us last year and are picked near the bottom of the ASUN. Radford is average at best. And Utah St lost every starter from last season I believe.

It is worse than you thought see the below link. Also Utah State lost their basketball coach from last year to VCU.

Every player who scored a point for Utah State basketball last season is gone!
    May 2, 2023
    "Since Ryan Odom left Utah State for VCU in March, it?s been a transfer portal exodus for the Utah State Aggies basketball team.
    On Tuesday, forward Zee Harmoda announced he is entering the transfer portal, and all 10 players who scored a point for the Aggies in their 2022-23 NCAA tournament season have either entered the transfer portal or graduation. This was first pointed out by KSL Sports? USU radio broadcaster Scott Garrard on Twitter."
    https://www.deseret.com/2023/5/2/23709039/every-player-who-scored-a-point-for-utah-state-basketball-last-season-is-gone

Ryan Odom returns to VCU
    https://vcuathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/ryan-odom/829

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2023, 11:22:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn?t get to go tonight but I see 28 assists on 41 buckets and I see 36-37% from 3 and we scored over 100 again. Those are all good signs regardless of who the opponent is. Then ball is moving and shots are falling.

by now, we all know that a high number of quick attempts, that scoring is, by far, the number one priority/key to this system. 
    will this team be able to get it done by committee night in and night out against much better competition?   it appears a high number of fans seem to think not.  all i know is those high number of attempts and %s have to remain above avg to well above avg and that you get a couple of 20 pt, several 10 pt scorers, never get blown out on rebounds, FTs and TOs every night

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2023, 12:22:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline MUonium

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2023, 12:57:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • maybe criticizing the use of the age of opponents players is a valid point, but i can't be critical of his post-game press conference.  this time he is absolutely correct. 
    most of the time in any sport, i can't complain about winning by large margins when it's perceived you should win some by a large margin.
    i think what we all want, at the least, is to be in every game with a chance to win it at the end.  historically, i tend to memorialize, even if faintly, those kind of games, win or lose.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, goherd24

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2023, 02:55:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• What a great interview. "You don't have to growl to win". Love it.  I could listen to coach talk basketball for hours.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2023, 03:13:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a great interview. "You don't have to growl to win". Love it.  I could listen to coach talk basketball for hours.

He is a good talker. Wish he would teach defense and rebounding as well as he talked.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, Flat Tire 2, scope58

Offline scope58

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2023, 03:29:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lmao!!! Stud? He averaged 8 points a game. A it's easy to look good against teams with 5'7"-6'4" players from NAIA and D2.
    I have no idea what Goherd24 is all about. Does Dantoni pay this guy to come o and say this crap. Reality will sink in soon enough for this guy. Martin is a stud? Okay

Offline scope58

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2023, 03:32:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • by now, we all know that a high number of quick attempts, that scoring is, by far, the number one priority/key to this system. 
    will this team be able to get it done by committee night in and night out against much better competition?   it appears a high number of fans seem to think not.  all i know is those high number of attempts and %s have to remain above avg to well above avg and that you get a couple of 20 pt, several 10 pt scorers, never get blown out on rebounds, FTs and TOs every night
    Maybe play some D on the other end as well.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2023, 03:32:17 PM »

Offline scope58

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2023, 03:33:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• He is a good talker. Wish he would teach defense and rebounding as well as he talked.
    exactly

Offline herdman22

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2023, 04:16:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • St Johns and Louisville both lost to D2 teams. Kentucky and Indiana led by 1 and 2 at the half to D2 teams before winning by 20+. So, what do we know from exhibition games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2023, 04:47:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • St Johns and Louisville both lost to D2 teams. Kentucky and Indiana led by 1 and 2 at the half to D2 teams before winning by 20+. So, what do we know from exhibition games?

FYI:  University of Louisville men?s basketball team lost 28 of 32 games last season, as well as an exhibition to Lenoir-Rhyne. St. Johns has a new coach with Rick Pinto. Like you said, it was exhibition games.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2023, 09:06:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lmao!!! Stud? He averaged 8 points a game. A it's easy to look good against teams with 5'7"-6'4" players from NAIA and D2.

Your opinion is worthless as it's tainted with unsubstantiated hatred and bias. That kid was a scrapper for texas state and if you couldn't see it, well, that's because you can't see much. Never could, why your practice reports were always way off before dan kicked you out.

Funny, a team that couldn't score with what we lost, put up over 100 in both games with most of the lineup playing. And yeah low competition but we have not scored over 100 against them plenty of times in the past.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2023, 09:10:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no idea what Goherd24 is all about. Does Dantoni pay this guy to come o and say this crap. Reality will sink in soon enough for this guy. Martin is a stud? Okay

The kid plays hard the whole game and is a scrappy, physical guy. We need a guy that can go 8 and 5 and be banging up their inside guys in 20 minutes a game. Thats good production in half a game. Some of you are out of touch. That kids a player and will have an impact here.
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 09:16:20 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline goherd24

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2023, 09:11:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We know the dan haters are gonna come on here and be turds from the get go. While they sit and hope Marshall loses so they can come beat their narcissistic chests.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2023, 10:39:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your opinion is worthless as it's tainted with unsubstantiated hatred and bias. That kid was a scrapper for texas state and if you couldn't see it, well, that's because you can't see much. Never could, why your practice reports were always way off before dan kicked you out.

Funny, a team that couldn't score with what we lost, put up over 100 in both games with most of the lineup playing. And yeah low competition but we have not scored over 100 against them plenty of times in the past.

So now a scrapper and a STUD are the same thing? lol!!! 8 pts and 4.8 rebounds a game does constitute a stud. And I see your boy Goran can't get off the bench. Oh I forgot, those teams were to small lol!!! Wonder if Danny ever heard of letting a big dominate against little guys that are almost a foot shorter?

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2023, 10:40:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The kid plays hard the whole game and is a scrappy, physical guy. We need a guy that can go 8 and 5 and be banging up their inside guys in 20 minutes a game. Thats good production in half a game. Some of you are out of touch. That kids a player and will have an impact here.

He already is an impact. We managed to beat Pikeville and Lees McCrae.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2023, 10:43:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We know the dan haters are gonna come on here and be turds from the get go. While they sit and hope Marshall loses so they can come beat their narcissistic chests.

Heck I just hope we can win a tournament game this year. Rice and Texas St seemed more prepared than Danny's well oiled high flying offense the last two years. Maybe this year he will try a little defense and rebounding to get them over the top.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2023, 05:41:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Heck I just hope we can win a tournament game this year. Rice and Texas St seemed more prepared than Danny's well oiled high flying offense the last two years. Maybe this year he will try a little defense and rebounding to get them over the top.

Just stay home bust, the rest of us will enjoy cheering and watching Marshall. You clearly are cheering for whoever we play every night.

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2023, 05:41:36 AM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2023, 06:24:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He already is an impact. We managed to beat Pikeville and Lees McCrae.

Martin didn't play Wednesday genius. I know you probably didn't know that in your blind hatred rant. He had 10 points and 9 rebounds in 26 minutes in the first exhibition. Like I said, he is gonna be a good one for us and fans will love him. A motor that doesn't quit. A Jarrod West in a forwards body.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2023, 06:28:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Martin didn't play Wednesday genius. I know you probably didn't know that in your blind hatred rant. He had 10 points and 9 rebounds in 26 minutes in the first exhibition. Like I said, he is gonna be a good one for us and fans will love him. A motor that doesn't quit. A Jarrod West in a forwards body.

Well I'm glad we got another Lebron James. Go Herd!!!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2023, 05:02:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, whether Martin or someone else, just hope Coach D. finds some capable and consistent inside presence on BOTH ends of the floor.  Hopefully, OAK will up his game a notch or two and we can get some good spot play from Goran and some of our "younger" bigs.  IMO, any effective play on the offensive end by our inside guys has to make our outside and 3-point game MORE effective and productive. 

Starting with Queens . . . . GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2023, 05:02:35 PM »