Author Topic: MU Soccer reaps several all-conference awards  (Read 274 times)

Offline pricherd

MU Soccer reaps several all-conference awards
« on: November 03, 2023, 06:55:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congratulations to Matthew Bell, Morris Duggan and Gabriel Perrotta for being named the First Team All-Sun Belt Conference squad.  Bell was named Player of the Year as well as Offensive Player of the Year, Duggan was named Defensive Player of the Year, and Perrotta was Goalkeeper of the Year.  Taimu Okiyoshi earned a spot on the Second Team. 

Surprisingly, Coach Grassie was passed over for Coach of the Year; that went to UCF's Scott Calabrese.  I guess winning the regular season conference championship wasn't enough.

I hope we can get on a roll during the SBC tournament and make a long run in the NCAA tournament!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, sardistim, Stripeshrt, parshall2marshall, jsbowen, mu79grad

HerdFans.com

MU Soccer reaps several all-conference awards
    « on: November 03, 2023, 06:55:06 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: MU Soccer reaps several all-conference awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 07:06:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They did him dirty on coach of the year. Gave it to a guy he beat. Smh

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 12:35:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They did him dirty on coach of the year. Gave it to a guy he beat. Smh

I knew Scott Calabrese was going to win Coach of the Year.  Keep in mind, UCF had a sub-.500 record last year, and he's turned them into a legitimate national title contender.  That's the success that gets recognized by the "Coach of the Year" awards, not the guy that brings the stacked squad and does stacked squad things.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, whf

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 01:53:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I knew Scott Calabrese was going to win Coach of the Year.  Keep in mind, UCF had a sub-.500 record last year, and he's turned them into a legitimate national title contender.  That's the success that gets recognized by the "Coach of the Year" awards, not the guy that brings the stacked squad and does stacked squad things.

i agree with your reasoning, but it does kind of leave out the part where the coach actually stacked the squad to do stacked squad things.  I mean it's not like someone handed him this team and he just ran with it.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, whf, chris88

Offline whf

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 01:59:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I knew Scott Calabrese was going to win Coach of the Year.  Keep in mind, UCF had a sub-.500 record last year, and he's turned them into a legitimate national title contender.  That's the success that gets recognized by the "Coach of the Year" awards, not the guy that brings the stacked squad and does stacked squad things.
    i agree with your reasoning, but it does kind of leave out the part where the coach actually stacked the squad to do stacked squad things.  I mean it's not like someone handed him this team and he just ran with it.

Ditto, ditto, both so right.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 01:59:08 PM »