Author Topic: This team needs a leader  (Read 694 times)

Offline DJdaHERDfan

This team needs a leader
« on: November 05, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A True Leader needs to get these guys together and take a bus ride to the cemetery and understand what it means to be a Marshall football player.

Understand what is expected of them and what we can accomplish.

Forget about record. Forget about naysayers online.

Just focus on winning each play in next game. Literally one play at a time, and grind out this win.

It can be done.
    Just need a true leader
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley, muherd34

HerdFans.com

This team needs a leader
    « on: November 05, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »

Offline pdunn

Re: This team needs a leader
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 12:36:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The team needs a coach who has the common sense to realize what he's doing isn't working and its time to try something else, and a staff that can prepare the team to play a game and make the adjustments as needed.  The teams we are playing have that.  We don't have that, and there's no number of field trips up 20th Street hill that are going to make a difference until we have that.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, Big City, parshall2marshall, mu79grad, coalherd

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 12:39:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That?s what I noticed about this team right away.  More individual play then team play.  But when portal players come in and immediately take starting roles over guys who have put in the sweat and tears at mu for years that?s what happens.  Portal guys should not be immediate starters. Stop the promises to get them here.  P5 experience doesn?t auto make you better.  Tyson Bagent is an nfl starter.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 01:38:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You mean, like a head coach?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, SuperAnjario

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 03:11:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The team needs a coach who has the common sense to realize what he's doing isn't working and its time to try something else, and a staff that can prepare the team to play a game and make the adjustments as needed.  The teams we are playing have that.  We don't have that, and there's no number of field trips up 20th Street hill that are going to make a difference until we have that.

I heard on the radio this morning that after South Alabama beat Oklahoma State like a drum that their team leader went to Mike Grundy and said changes offensively had to be made.  Gundy made the necessary changes and they turned their season around!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, muherd34, MicDrass1

Offline muherd34

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 04:31:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard on the radio this morning that after South Alabama beat Oklahoma State like a drum that their team leader went to Mike Grundy and said changes offensively had to be made.  Gundy made the necessary changes and they turned their season around!

I honestly think that he believes he doesn't make mistakes.  That if the players would play perfectly he would won every game, which is not wrong btw.  It's just unreasonable to think a team will be perfect.  Especially when we have no qb.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 04:48:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard on the radio this morning that after South Alabama beat Oklahoma State like a drum that their team leader went to Mike Grundy and said changes offensively had to be made.  Gundy made the necessary changes and they turned their season around!

But apparently our team "leaders", such as they are, seem to be too occupied with criticizing the HERD fans!!

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 05:17:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like lead by example leadership better

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 05:21:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A True Leader needs to get these guys together and take a bus ride to the cemetery and understand what it means to be a Marshall football player.

Understand what is expected of them and what we can accomplish.

Forget about record. Forget about naysayers online.

Just focus on winning each play in next game. Literally one play at a time, and grind out this win.

It can be done.
    Just need a true leader

What a novel idea on your part.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 02:24:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Likely not relevant
    Doubt even true

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 02:49:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who would our team leader(s) be? I would think Porter would be a start. But you need more than one. I just wonder if Huff would even listen.

Online herd2win

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 03:54:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't see Porter as a leader.  He has had a very average year after returning with high expectations.  A leader would have looked internal instead of attacking the fans. 

The following users thanked this post: BigJimslade

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 03:54:01 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 04:33:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't see Porter as a leader.  He has had a very average year after returning with high expectations.  A leader would have looked internal instead of attacking the fans.

Goodness gracious. Porter IS a leader.

The guy allowed his emotions to get the best of him during an interview right after a loss. I think those of us on this board, grown adults, need to get over it.

To continue harping on his one comment over 5 years of blood, sweat, and tears says more about us than it does him.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ, HerdFan1114

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2023, 11:26:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Goodness gracious. Porter IS a leader.

The guy allowed his emotions to get the best of him during an interview right after a loss. I think those of us on this board, grown adults, need to get over it.

To continue harping on his one comment over 5 years of blood, sweat, and tears says more about us than it does him.

Couple things:

He too is an adult
    His comments at the presser were ignorant and short sighted

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2023, 11:26:24 PM »