Author Topic: Win two of next 3, make a bowl ?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline BigJimslade

Win two of next 3, make a bowl ?
« on: November 06, 2023, 09:57:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ?.win the bowl ? then what about Huff?
    Does that change anything ?

HerdFans.com

Win two of next 3, make a bowl ?
    « on: November 06, 2023, 09:57:04 AM »

Offline goherd24

Re: Win two of next 3, make a bowl ?
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • #1 that won't happen. And no it wouldn't, in my eyes, he is not improving or changing anything that isn't working and says he won't blatantly in his press conferences, that he "trusts the process". The process of being last in the conference

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, miltonherdfan, herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herd2win

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 10:08:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact he was not willing to make a QB change even though we can't score tells you all you need to know.  I will root for each victory but I am out on Huff no matter how we finish.  I predict 5-7 and if he is back we will go 4-8 next year at best.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 10:08:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LMAO to even think this happens. This will never happen.

It wouldn?t change my opinion regardless. It?s time to end the Huff experiment.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline elginherd

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 10:14:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's say the record is 6-6.
    We need Spears to ask himself, "Did Huff deliver on why he was hired for Marshall"?

That is the most important question of the evaluation.
    Then it's Spears' job to rustle up some money for the buyout & a new HFC.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, ed swain, herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 10:24:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-6 and he stays. Spears won't fire him. If we lose out, he may fire him IF someone comes up with the 755K to buy him out.

Sadly, the best thing would be to fire this staff, start with a new staff and rebuild in 2024. There won't be a quick fix. Jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, HerdEcon

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 10:28:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have *not* seen anything to indicate what I am proposing, however let me state that it would not surprise me if the Herd did the following :

1) Huff yields to "pressure" ( Don't ask !! ) and starts Cole at QB the rest of the way.
    2) Herd has a "Green Helmet Night" and upsets Georgia Southern
    3) Herd closes out by defeating Arkansas State to finish 6-6.

Not sure what opponent we could defeat in a bowl, but the table would be set. I am not predicting this, but, again, it would not surprise me if things played out like this.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 11:50:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Huff wins 2 of the remaining 3 games left, I'll be shocked. Our players look more like the Keystone Cops with everyone going in a different direction.

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 12:30:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have *not* seen anything to indicate what I am proposing, however let me state that it would not surprise me if the Herd did the following :

1) Huff yields to "pressure" ( Don't ask !! ) and starts Cole at QB the rest of the way.
    2) Herd has a "Green Helmet Night" and upsets Georgia Southern
    3) Herd closes out by defeating Arkansas State to finish 6-6.

Not sure what opponent we could defeat in a bowl, but the table would be set. I am not predicting this, but, again, it would not surprise me if things played out like this.

Not sure if you were literal about the green helmets, but there are already pictures of the black helmets we're wearing this week.

I agree it wouldn't be the weirdest thing to win the final two remaining home games to get to 6-6. The godawful 2016 team somehow managed to murder a pretty good MTSU team on the November 14th game that season. Arkansas State isn't quite the patsy everyone thought, but it's not like beating them here would be some miracle.

But finishing 6-6 wouldn't change anything for me regarding Huff. The lows have been far too low for him to stay.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 12:52:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Team doesn't have a heart beat.  Not sure how we win 2 more with Fancher and co

Offline puma

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 01:26:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think there are 2 winnable games left.

Georgia Southern - Even the 2016 team won their memorial game, so maybe? But Georgia Southern is actually pretty good. But if there's an inexplicable win, then it would probably be this game.

South Alabama - While not as good as expected in the pre-season, it's an away game against a decent opponent after potentially 6 losses in a row.

Arkansas State - A bad program that seems to be having a decent season right after Thanksgiving in a cold and empty stadium.

I guess we'll see for sure on Saturday if the team has completely given up. If it's a complete WKU-style beatdown, I wouldn't expect any more Ws this season. With a W, then 6-6 and a bowl might be possible. No way I'd ever put money on that though.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 01:31:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff needs stronger assistants

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, HerdEcon

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 01:31:55 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 02:46:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish it would make a difference. It's more entertaining to watch paint dry than to watch this Herd offense. I will have the TV on, but just like this past Saturday, it will be background noise.

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff needs stronger assistants

Among other things.  Quality depth being one of them.  Huff has to step up the recruiting.  Coming from Alabama and Penn State I think Huff has his recruiting sights set to low.  We were not at the bottom of G5 talent wise when he took over.  Just look at the skill positions.  We have no quality depth at RB; we don't have a #1 WR (and no depth at that position); and apparently our QB room is lacking so much talent that Huff thinks our only chance is Fancher.  No excuse for a drought of skill position players after Huff's 3 years in the transfer portal era.  Best recruiter in the nation BS. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 04:20:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure if you were literal about the green helmets, but there are already pictures of the black helmets we're wearing this week.

I agree it wouldn't be the weirdest thing to win the final two remaining home games to get to 6-6. The godawful 2016 team somehow managed to murder a pretty good MTSU team on the November 14th game that season. Arkansas State isn't quite the patsy everyone thought, but it's not like beating them here would be some miracle.

But finishing 6-6 wouldn't change anything for me regarding Huff. The lows have been far too low for him to stay.

My "Green Helmet Night" reference was figurative only. I was there for the original and it didn't take me long to see that the Herd, was, how shall I put it (?) "Inspired".
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Online Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2023, 02:59:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Charles Huff. No way that Marshall brings him back under any circumstance. Especially forget the scenario about changing coordinator assistants, and others at this point. Huff has wasted three years of Marshall's resources in his ambition driven, and vain attempt to leave here for greener pastures. He's 16-15 versus FBS competition in 3 years by my count. How far have we fallen?

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2023, 06:05:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My opinion is different than most I think. 2 of the next three are home games and Arkansas State is as bad as we are. I think we win the two remaining home games.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, BigJimslade

Offline muherd34

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2023, 06:48:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My opinion is different than most I think. 2 of the next three are home games and Arkansas State is as bad as we are. I think we win the two remaining home games.

I mean...anything is possible.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2023, 07:14:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My "Green Helmet Night" reference was figurative only. I was there for the original and it didn't take me long to see that the Herd, was, how shall I put it (?) "Inspired".
    I knew what you meant, lol.  I was there that night.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 07:21:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Charles Huff. No way that Marshall brings him back under any circumstance. Especially forget the scenario about changing coordinator assistants, and others at this point. Huff has wasted three years of Marshall's resources in his ambition driven, and vain attempt to leave here for greener pastures. He's 16-15 versus FBS competition in 3 years by my count. How far have we fallen?

I wish we could be confident in your first sentence.

The only thing that I hear, and this is 4th hand, is that Spears is getting an earful from some bigger donors.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline svherd

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2023, 09:04:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish we could be confident in your first sentence.

The only thing that I hear, and this is 4th hand, is that Spears is getting an earful from some bigger donors.

Good. Glad they are making their voices heard. I assume the donors want he and the staff fired after this year. Extending is not the best, changing assistants will not help, he doesn't know any good ones. Thus the the best option would be to part ways with the staff and hire a new staff after the season. This is not gonna be a short term fix, either way, 2024 is not looking good. New staff shoots for 2025 to get back on track and roll from there. jmho.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I knew what you meant, lol.  I was there that night.

I hope no one else catches my sarcasm ... a lot on the Board hate my beliefs and I don't blame them. I hate my beliefs too.

I'm really old to suffer YAR ( Yet Another Rebuild ) but I hope we get a new staff and that the coach leaves on good terms i.e. not in a Huff.

Back on the original topic, I did note that GASO had been outscored on the season so far in conference play, and that they are like 5-0 at home and like 1-3 on the road. If we weren't playing so poorly perhaps those factoids would provide more hope.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 09:58:52 AM by parshall2marshall »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2023, 11:59:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2023, 12:25:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have a slim chance of winning the last 2 home games, I'm guessing by 3 or less and I think we'll get blown out by USA.   I hope this isn't good enough to keep everything the way it is. 

Offline Oldtimer

• Rookie
    « Reply #24 on: November 07, 2023, 12:52:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have some extremely overly optimistic fans on here on the capabilities of Marshall to compete on any kind of a regular basis with the power five teams.
    We have a minority coach with a resume as a good assistant from some big-time football programs. After 3 years at Marshall a potential .500 winning record.
    We already know the limits of our financial situation and what we can pay any coach and people are convinced that Marshall will fire him. I think not.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2023, 12:52:30 PM »