Author Topic: What we know after Queens  (Read 2737 times)

Offline goherd24

What we know after Queens
« on: November 06, 2023, 08:53:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1. Bust is super upset with the herd victory.

2. Cam Crawford - who i said would be a good player, but was told "he averaged .4 points and couldn't play at indiana state" by bust, ended up with 13 and 4. Solid game.

3. Nate Martin - who I said would be a stud and a scrapper and a double double guy, and bust said"lol a stud that averaged 8 points", ended up with 15 points and 9 in a very good showing. Tough kid that will do us well. Like i said, if you couldn't see what kind of player Martin was, then you don't know basketball very well.

4. Boyles - solid game, played with a lot of hustle and heart. He has better games and better shooting in him too

5. Just overall TEAM. played solid D most of the game, hustled for balls, shared the ball, 5 guys in double figures, almost 6 with fricks. Need to improve from the line and continue to get better, but great start with a 16 point win! Loved the energy and effort

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: MUtim, parshall2marshall, usedcars1, horsrman

HerdFans.com

What we know after Queens
    « on: November 06, 2023, 08:53:15 PM »

Online MicDrass1

Re: What we know after Queens
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 08:57:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Enjoyed this one

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 08:58:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kinda like beating Albany State in football, who put down as a bad team. We played a really weak team from one of the weakest DI conferences.  It will be interesting to see if we finish in the top half of the SBC? Based on past experience, I have low expectations with Gomer as our head coach. Some things never change after nine years.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 01:34:39 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline Big City

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 09:00:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Missed some on your chin.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline goherd24

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 09:01:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Missed some on your chin.

Oh if you want to apologize for being wrong too, you can.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 09:03:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kinda like beating Albany State in football. It will be interesting to see if we finish in the top half of the SBC?

Not really, coming from behind to beat a bad FCS team was the first sign we were terrible, but the less objectionable of us, couldn't see it until we were 4-5.

This was a strong showing for a new team that many of our dam haters rooted against and wanted to write off before they ever played.

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1, horsrman

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 09:07:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not really, coming from behind to beat a bad FCS team was the first sign we were terrible, but the less objectionable of us, couldn't see it until we were 4-5.

This was a strong showing for a new team that many of our dam haters rooted against and wanted to write off before they ever played.

Please son, I am realistic and not a knee pads and mouthwash supporter for the boy from mullens. His average conference finish is 6th place and he has never beaten a P5 program in 16 attempts. Let's see if he can beat UK? Let's see if he can make a statement playing at UK?
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 09:11:00 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 09:10:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol, you children going back and forth with each other are cute.

Solid game for the most part, but I doubt it tells us anything about how our season is going to go. Queens is probably a bottom 50 D1 team.

Our team and transfers looked good though. I don't think Taylor and Handlogten are going to be nearly as irreplaceable as some people think.

The following users thanked this post: goherd24, GreenWhite

Offline overherd1

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 09:19:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seemed like a solid performance.  More challenging games to  come for sure.  They seemed to play hard and as a team.  Something to build on hopefully.  Time will tell, but good start.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, chris88, GreenWhite

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 09:31:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We looked better than I expected

Some observations:

1) Curfman has remade his body and was good at PG

2) Martin is strong and helps inside

3) Crawford looked much better than expected

4) Gotta work on rebounding

I'm happy tonight and cautiously optimistic

Go Herd! 

The following users thanked this post: Big City, parshall2marshall, usedcars1, MUsince96, chris88, goherd24

Offline goherd73

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 09:37:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • « Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 09:39:23 PM by goherd73 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We lost to these guys last year with Handlogten, Kinsey and Taylor. I'm not saying any of the guys we have now are better than those three. But we played as a team, not just one or two guys doing the bulk of the scoring. I still feel we need to wait until the 8th or 9th game of the season before we can judge this team. I believe that would take us to the Ohio game. Long stretch before we come back home. Now, we get to see how these guys play on the road.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 09:38:20 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 09:39:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • By the way, James Madison is beating Michigan State at the half 37-33. It's on the Big 1o network.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 09:40:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1. Bust is super upset with the herd victory.

2. Cam Crawford - who i said would be a good player, but was told "he averaged .4 points and couldn't play at indiana state" by bust, ended up with 13 and 4. Solid game.

3. Nate Martin - who I said would be a stud and a scrapper and a double double guy, and bust said"lol a stud that averaged 8 points", ended up with 15 points and 9 in a very good showing. Tough kid that will do us well. Like i said, if you couldn't see what kind of player Martin was, then you don't know basketball very well.

4. Boyles - solid game, played with a lot of hustle and heart. He has better games and better shooting in him too

5. Just overall TEAM. played solid D most of the game, hustled for balls, shared the ball, 5 guys in double figures, almost 6 with fricks. Need to improve from the line and continue to get better, but great start with a 16 point win! Loved the energy and effort

Go Herd!

I'll judge after we play a real team. Pikeville, lees Mccrae and Queens doesn't pass the smell test. But if that is who we are comparing ourselves too then we are pretty good I guess. But I'll just wait to see who we stack up with a real team.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 09:41:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not really, coming from behind to beat a bad FCS team was the first sign we were terrible, but the less objectionable of us, couldn't see it until we were 4-5.

You mean like coming back from 20 against Pikeville?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 09:41:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please son, I am realistic and not a knee pads and mouthwash supporter for the boy from mullens. His average conference finish is 6th place and he has never beaten a P5 program in 16 attempts. Let's see if he can beat UK? Let's see if he can make a statement playing at UK?

So your bar is if we beat UK on the road? Lol come down from the clouds and enjoy it.

Average finish is 4.5. Not 6. 42 divided by 9 is what?

Open your eyes. Did you not see the team tonight? They looked better than last years team at the beginning of the season, no question. Nate Martin is a huge upgrade from micah inside. Boyles and Crawford are capable and stepped right in. The TEAM is better and I'm gonna enjoy it and not write them off before the season is over.

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1, horsrman

Offline scope58

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 09:42:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh if you want to apologize for being wrong too, you can.
    Your a cocky %^&* to be so dumb. That game didn?t show Jack. Other than the fact that quick guards will give them fits. Queens is just plain damn bad. Learn to evaluate talent man. What an airhead you are.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 09:45:22 PM by scope58 »

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline WindMillersDad

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 09:43:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 4. Boyles - solid game, played with a lot of hustle and heart. He has better games and better shooting in him too

Go Herd!

did I miss something the first 2 exhibition games ( I wasnt there tonite for the Queens game ) but WHO IS BOYLES ?
    Its Voyles ..... KEVON VOYLES !

Offline goherd24

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2023, 09:44:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• You mean like coming back from 20 against Pikeville?

In a. Exhibition that we won by 30+? Lol boy you reach for sure.

Sorry you're having a bad night. Us herd fans are excited about what we saw and a nice solid win that we showed a lot of positives.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2023, 09:45:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What we k ow after Queens:

We're 1-0, not 0-1. Good game. A win is a win no matter who the opponent is. GO HERD

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, goherd24

Offline goherd24

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2023, 09:45:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your a cocky %^&* to be so dumb. That game didn?t show Jack. Other than the fact that quick guards will give them fits. Queens is just plain damn bad. Learn to evaluate talent man. What an airhead your are.

Sorry ole buddy! Line up to the wrong line and eat your crow. I'm so terrible but you clowns arguing that Crawford sucks and martin isn't a good player lolol. The herd fans here are happy, for the win! You haters gotta wait a little longer to come spew your ignorance. Evaluate talent? Like when i said Martin was a stud and will be a great player for us, you said how dumb that was and how I don't live in reality? 15-9 kiddo, first game and had foul trouble lol
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:52:43 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: MUtim

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2023, 09:46:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So your bar is if we beat UK on the road? Lol come down from the clouds and enjoy it.

Average finish is 4.5. Not 6. 42 divided by 9 is what?

Open your eyes. Did you not see the team tonight? They looked better than last years team at the beginning of the season, no question. Nate Martin is a huge upgrade from micah inside. Boyles and Crawford are capable and stepped right in. The TEAM is better and I'm gonna enjoy it and not write them off before the season is over.

You can't even finish an average finish lol. 6.6 is our average finish. You do know you have to count all of CUSA during the 2 years we had divisions right? You are a laugh a minute!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2023, 09:46:36 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2023, 09:47:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • did I miss something the first 2 exhibition games ( I wasnt there tonite for the Queens game ) but WHO IS BOYLES ?
    Its Voyles ..... KEVON VOYLES !

B is beside V, never seen anyone so upset over a typo

Offline goherd24

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2023, 09:47:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• You can't even finish an average finish lol. 6.6 is our average finish. You do know you have to count all of CUSA during the 2 years we had divisions right? You are a laugh a minute!!!

Add em up. 42 divided by 9 is.... not 6.6.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 09:48:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry ole buddy! Line up to the wrong line and eat your crow. I'm so terrible but you clowns arguing that Crawford sucks and martin isn't a good player lolol. The herd fans here are happy, for the win! You haters gotta wait a little longer to come spew your ignorance

Damn I guess we are SB champs and sweet16. Who would have thought beating 3 teams nobody ever heard of?

The following users thanked this post: scope58

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 09:48:31 PM »