Author Topic: What we know after Queens  (Read 2738 times)

Online herdorbust2

Re: What we know after Queens
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2023, 09:49:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Add em up. 42 divided by 9 is.... not 6.6.

Your 42 is wrong dumb)&&). Go add them up again. I put them down year by year so show me what year was wrong!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2023, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2023, 09:50:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will say we are quicker and more athletic overall than last year. Let's build on this and see where we go.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Big City, ru4mu2, usedcars1, chris88, goherd24, GreenWhite

Offline goherd24

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2023, 09:52:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Look, all jokes aside, i got no guaranteed herd seasons in front of me. I have no games with family and friends to enjoy for sure. I miss my father every single game, taking that time for granted. If I'm lucky, I'll get 30 seasons more in my life. I choose to try to enjoy them all, football and basketball going forward, focusing on enjoying that time together.

Also, not gonna lie, drinking busts tears when we win, is a plus.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ru4mu2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2023, 09:52:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will say we are quicker and more athletic overall than last year. Let's build on this and see where we go.
    This right here.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd, usedcars1

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2023, 09:56:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I liked how the offense moved the ball.  No standing dribbling the ball.
    Will we be good?  Who knows.  But they have interesting pieces.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2023, 09:56:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    =60 divided by 9 = 6.667

Check for yourself
    https://conferenceusa.com/standings.aspx?standings=22

Offline goherd24

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2023, 09:56:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your 42 is wrong dumb)&&). Go add them up again. I put them down year by year so show me what year was wrong!!!

14-15 - 11th
    15-16 - 3rd
    16-17 - 6th
    17-18 - 4th
    18-19 - 2nd
    19-20 - 4th
    20-21 - 3rd
    21-22 - 7th
    22-23 - 2nd

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/marshall/men/2023.html

Total - 42 divided by 9 seasons, is 4.66....
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:01:51 PM by goherd24 »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2023, 09:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Voyles will avg at least 15pog
    Martin at least 10ppg
    Crawford at least 10ppg

If our other guys can increase 3-4ppg we can avg 75ppg

I think we rebound better and are better rim finishers this year. 

Interesting team

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, goherd24

Offline goherd24

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2023, 10:00:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Martin at least 10ppg
    Crawford at least 10ppg

Interesting team

Martin will average close to 15. He is a scorer and a rebounder. He'll do so in an effective way too. He still has to get used to this pace. Same with the other guys. They'll only get better. What i liked most, is 5 guys in double figures, many 14-15+. And fricks had 9. It's a team thing. Not reliant on one guy to get 30 makes us tougher to beat.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline cincyherdfan

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2023, 10:03:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Voyles was a good pickup, he?s active and can control things with the ball. He?s going to have to stay off the floor.

Martin is physical which is something that?s certainly been a rarity in Dan?s tenure. But he?s going to have to learn to be physical and not get in foul trouble. Queens had their success when they drove the ball right at Martin and Fricks?neither one can guard the ball so if they get stuck on someone that can drive it?s a problem.

Fricks is a lot like Beyers?he?s going to go on hot streaks and can jump well?.but he?s going to make a lot of mental mistakes and he gives up on defense what he scores on offense.

Curfman slimmed down and has helped his conditioning to be more active in defense and can still stroke it when he?s able to catch and shoot?.but doesn?t look to get a shot off the dribble.

Overall Queens was not a good team at all, so getting a double digit win was a necessity. Marshall shots good % tonight which they should?ve just by being bigger and more athletic against a smaller less physical team.

Red flags tonight tho is still rebounding?.simply no reason to be even with that team on the boards, especially giving up 17 offensive?not good.

Passing is still not the greatest and had too many mental lapses with the ball?

Free throw shooting is still a struggle, at least tonight. That still just isn?t practiced in game situations?.have to shoot foul shot when tired in practice not just on the side and go shoot.

Only 7 guys got considerable minutes?.against a Queens team should?ve gone 9-10?if it?s just going to be 7 guys that?s certainly going to catch up when conference play gets going.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, wlf, Rockin Herd Fan

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2023, 10:04:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 14-15 - 11th
    15-16 - 3rd
    16-17 - 6th
    17-18 - 4th
    18-19 - 2nd
    19-20 - 4th
    20-21 - 3rd
    21-22 - 7th
    22-23 - 2nd

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/marshall/men/2023.html

Total - 42 divided by 9 seasons, is 4.66..... dum&^$r*(

You are on crack. They aren't counting the whole conference but just the east division. So Marshall was 4-14 in 20-21 and they are seventh lol? That was just 7th and last in the East. What about N Texas that was 16-2, UAB 14-4 and on down the west division? But nice try lol!!!

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2023, 10:05:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm getting 58/9 (6.44) or 60/9 (6.66) depending on how you want to count divisions those last two C-USA years. Bust is way closer.

5th or 6th (3rd in division)
    13th or 14th (7th in division)

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, chris88, goherd24

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2023, 10:05:42 PM »

Offline scope58

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2023, 10:07:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Martin at least 10ppg
    Crawford at least 10ppg

Interesting team
    How did they get out rebounded by this smaller team then.?

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2023, 10:08:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were 7.5 pt favs tonite so a 16 pt win isn't as bad as some think.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, goherd24

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2023, 10:10:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Martin and he?s only going to get better as he gets used to the pace and system. He gives us a toughness in the paint that we haven?t had. Conditioning was a little bit of an issue late in the 1st but that?s going to get better. Coach already has it down to an 8 man rotation. Our first 7 are good and play together well.  Almost had 6 of them in double figures.  I was surprised that we didn?t see Mckey at all. Voyles is tough as well and plays with an edge on both ends. Fricks is going to be big for us this year. He looks like he has taken a big step forward if he stays consistent. I would like to see more from Conner but overall it was a fun game and I was impressed. Go Herd!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2023, 10:11:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How did they get out rebounded by this smaller team then.?

Scope it's the same old story. Bad rebounding and poor lateral defense. Then on offense it's just street ball with the coach standing arms crossed watching.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline herd1990

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2023, 10:13:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Martin reminds me a little of Justin Johnson who used to play at WKU and he'd always be a pain in our a**.  I like Martin.  Think he and Voyles will help immensely.  If Crawford can be a solid guy off the bench, I think the core 7/8 guys can give us more wins than I first thought with what we lost.  Lots of season to go but I think this squad can compete in the SBC.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, thunderingon, goherd24

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2023, 10:22:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Scope it's the same old story. Bad rebounding and poor lateral defense. Then on offense it's just street ball with the coach standing arms crossed watching.

I really can?t even imagine being this miserable. Thankfully I?m not. Fun game, we won. We looked better than I expected overall. On to the next one. This team is worth watching and getting behind. They play hard and tough. We?ll see how the season plays out.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, horsrman, goherd24

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2023, 10:27:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go herd24 did you ever admit your average finish was wrong. Or are you going to stick by your flawed logic of only counting the east division?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2023, 10:28:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really can?t even imagine being this miserable. Thankfully I?m not. Fun game, we won. We looked better than I expected overall. On to the next one. This team is worth watching and getting behind. They play hard and tough. We?ll see how the season plays out.

Exactly. We held them to less than 1 point per possession, per paul Swann. That's good defense. This was a very positive game in almost all aspects for a new team. If someone is being negative about it as a whole, then they have an agenda, or want to be miserable and negative at all costs.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline goherd24

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2023, 10:29:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go herd24 did you ever admit your average finish was wrong. Or are you going to stick by your flawed logic of only counting the east division?

Yep, looks like it's wrong, i took it at face value on there. My mistake. Unlike you, i am capable of saying i was wrong. Doesn't mean i was on crack or a dum&^$r*(, as you like to say, I just had the wrong information.

Maybe if you'd admit your mistakes, or wrong statements, we can heal
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:31:50 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline goherd24

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2023, 10:32:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Martin reminds me a little of Justin Johnson who used to play at WKU and he'd always be a pain in our a**.  I like Martin.  Think he and Voyles will help immensely.  If Crawford can be a solid guy off the bench, I think the core 7/8 guys can give us more wins than I first thought with what we lost.  Lots of season to go but I think this squad can compete in the SBC.

Agreed 100%. I was so excited when we signed Martin man. We need that toughness. He is a strong kid with finishing ability.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2023, 10:32:44 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2023, 10:34:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep, looks like it's wrong, i took it at face value on there. My mistake. Unlike you, i am capable of saying i was wrong. Doesn't mean i was on crack or a dum&^$r*(, as you like to say, I just had the wrong information.

Maybe if you'd admit your mistakes, or wrong statements, we can heal

But you ran with it for days. Maybe check your info? So is 6.67 average finish over 9 years good in an average at best conference?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2023, 10:44:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• But you ran with it for days. Maybe check your info? So is 6.67 average finish over 9 years good in an average at best conference?

I obviously thought i had checked my info. Sports reference is usually a pretty good site.

And given our past performance, and in cusa absolutely, that isn't that bad. Cusa was the most underrated basketball conference in the nation in basketball. Not "average" at all. First year in the belt, that bumped to 3, and could have been 1, so that's ok too. I expect us to win 2 out of 3 in the belt. Maybe that was the one and we win the next 2. We'll see.

Ready to admit cam and martin aren't awful, terrible players?

Offline coalherd

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2023, 10:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • B is beside V, never seen anyone so upset over a typo

Ummmm, have to wonder 24 if a well-known commandant of the feared "Grammar Gestapo" on another board is lurking over here!!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, goherd24

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2023, 10:47:43 PM »