Author Topic: Charles Huff Georgia Southern 75 week press conference  (Read 1470 times)

Offline ru4mu2

Charles Huff Georgia Southern 75 week press conference
« on: November 07, 2023, 02:28:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: MUsince96, elginherd

HerdFans.com

Charles Huff Georgia Southern 75 week press conference
    « on: November 07, 2023, 02:28:48 PM »

Offline MUsince96

Re: Charles Huff Georgia Southern 75 week press conference
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 03:54:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keith asked about the QB situation. Huff basically said Cole didn't practice well, and it's not fair to the seniors to signal to them that we're giving up on the season and preparing for next year.

Offline banker

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 04:14:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Done with him. Have quit caring to hear him speak.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 05:04:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keith asked about the QB situation. Huff basically said Cole didn't practice well, and it's not fair to the seniors to signal to them that we're giving up on the season and preparing for next year.

I heard that too?. I don?t give a %^&* how someone practices. When they have 13 passing yards at halftime and throwing interceptions, you try someone else.

He?s such a great bullshitter. He needs to get in to politics.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, ed swain

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 05:07:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That pretty much seals it then. We finish 6-6 plus a bowl against a bottom dweller  ( like us ? ) and Huff gets a 1-year deal if he wants it and is told that he is on a very short leash and must get rid of at least 1 coordinator if not both. Another circling of the wagons like happened after the 2016 season ...and damn all you fans for criticizing and not stepping up financially. Oh, wait, Hamrick is gone. Just silence from the AD instead. Cole transfers.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 07:03:39 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herd2win

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 05:38:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is not flexible at all.  We will have Cam as our starter for the balance of this year and the next 2 as long as Huff is our coach.  I would also bet he will not make any coaching changes.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdfifteen

Offline mu1995

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 05:45:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The unbelievable aspect is that the report priir to App State was that Fancher had limited practice.  If Huff really believes that Fancher is the best chance for a win then we really need to get rid of him this year.  There have been consistent reports that a number of players have said Cole is the best QB on the team. 
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain

Offline elginherd

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 05:48:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His QB answer is very troubling, indeed.
    If Fancher is the best bet, that's awful. If Fancher is practicing well, then what he is supposedly learning
    doesn't translate to performance.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 05:54:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is not flexible at all.  We will have Cam as our starter for the balance of this year and the next 2 as long as Huff is our coach.  I would also bet he will not make any coaching changes.
    The issue in releasing coaches is you have to find someone to take their place. Who would willing to jump.on the sinking ship?
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 05:57:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The issue in releasing coaches is you have to find someone to take their place. Who would willing to jump.on the sinking ship?

Thousands of people.  Following Huff is a gem of a position for a good coach. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 05:57:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Maybe leaving Fancher in sends the exact signal that they have given up. Would that make the underclassmen want to stay?
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 05:59:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thousands of people.  Following Huff is a gem of a position for a good coach.
    I was referring to a coordinator under Huff who may not be retained by Huffs successor.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 05:59:23 PM »

Offline mu1995

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 06:21:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The situation with QB is really approaching unbelievable.  I don't see how someone who coached at any level could not understand that they have to hold the position as accountable as a RB, LB, or any other player.  The high turnover rate by Fancher alone  would cause most coaches to try something different immediately.

So, I am beginning to think Huff is using this to set up a narrative when he leaves.  "He didn't play the old hero's son and that split the fans, team, yada yada yada "  Harder for me to believe he really is not capable of reading the situation and understanding what even the worst coaches do and that is to try a change
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

The following users thanked this post: NewfieHerdFan, miltonherdfan

Offline tnherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 06:41:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The situation with QB is really approaching unbelievable.  I don't see how someone who coached at any level could not understand that they have to hold the position as accountable as a RB, LB, or any other player.  The high turnover rate by Fancher alone  would cause most coaches to try something different immediately.

So, I am beginning to think Huff is using this to set up a narrative when he leaves.  "He didn't play the old hero's son and that split the fans, team, yada yada yada "  Harder for me to believe he really is not capable of reading the situation and understanding what even the worst coaches do and that is to try a change

Most anyone (just like us) would think to continue to start a QB with a 7.5 QBR is totally nuts. They may  think it was a typo.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 06:47:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How can Georgia Southern find a QB and we have an offense that can't score?  Cole may not be the answer but at least let him try to answer the question.  Give him first team reps all week and see how he does.

Huffs comments ring hollow.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2023, 07:09:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher is having a great week of practice. I expect him to throw for 300+ in a big win vs. GASO. Ship righted, at least temporarily.

Huff told us neither he nor the players have given up.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 07:19:00 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2023, 07:10:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe leaving Fancher in sends the exact signal that they have given up. Would that make the underclassmen want to stay?

It certainly looks like Fluff is trying to get fired

What a mess

What a Fing loser

The following users thanked this post: VA Herd Fan

Offline mu1995

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2023, 07:21:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wouldn't seem hard to have great practices against our defense.  I say Fancher will hit his averages for the last 5 games again. 
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 07:24:28 PM by mu1995 »

Online herdfan93

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2023, 07:29:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff astounds me. If you have nothing to lose by making a change then why would you not make it?  He's Snyder and Doc rolled into one. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 08:26:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll have to finish watching the whole thing. 
    His mini rant off of Keith's comment from the 7:00 minute mark to about the 12:00 minute mark had me so damn confused that I started to understand how why our defense seems to always be out of position. 
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 07:35:31 AM by ru4mu2 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline goherd24

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2023, 09:05:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It's not fair to the seniors to play his fav at QB while he has 13 yards passing snd throwing picks left snd right.. the guy is hopeless as a head coach. I can't wait til he is fired.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, elginherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2023, 10:10:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That pretty much seals it then. We finish 6-6 plus a bowl against a bottom dweller  ( like us ? ) and Huff gets a 1-year deal if he wants it and is told that he is on a very short leash and must get rid of at least 1 coordinator if not both. Another circling of the wagons like happened after the 2016 season ...and damn all you fans for criticizing and not stepping up financially. Oh, wait, Hamrick is gone. Just silence from the AD instead. Cole transfers.

Well, under you scenario, p2m, I'd say we'll sell AT LEAST 50 Bowl tickets, maybe 75 Tops!!  Good luck to those in the MU overall administration as well as the Athletic Department in trying to paint a rosy picture of all that!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2023, 10:10:50 PM »

Offline banker

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2023, 11:43:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher is having a great week of practice. I expect him to throw for 300+ in a big win vs. GASO. Ship righted, at least temporarily.

Huff told us neither he nor the players have given up.

Fancher has thrown for 300 yards 3 times in 15 starts. We are 0-3 in those games. That?s why teams don?t care if he throws.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2023, 05:51:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As many times as he referes to how does Ownen Porter react to something, I have to wonder is Huff in charge or is Porter?

Offline muherd34

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 07:00:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is a good talker.  But he failed at putting together and adequate staff and should be fired immediately

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 07:00:22 AM »