Author Topic: Hello , UK vs Herd soccer  (Read 1247 times)

Offline gochneaur645

Re: Hello , UK vs Herd soccer
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 12:11:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Crowd was electric tonight. It's gonna be an absolute madhouse on Sunday

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, luckytoes99, elginherd, puma

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 12:11:15 AM »

Online chris88

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2023, 12:31:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bad news from the WAC - their tournament 1 seed Seattle (RPI of 28) gets upset in the semifinals on a penalty kick in the 110th minute, which means the WAC is stealing an at-large bid. Kentucky and JMU have flipped positions and JMU is now the last in per the rpi tracker...

So looking around the conference tournaments, I see three tournaments left that can affect the number of at-large bids left with bid stealers playing for the auto-bids (and one bubble team still playing)...

CAA
    Anyone other than Hofstra (RPI 8) winning the tournament is stealing an at-large bid.

Summit League
    Anyone other than Denver (RPI 20) winning the tournament is stealing an at-large bid.

AAC
    FAU (rpi 113) vs Charlotte (rpi 30)
    Probably the most interesting case yet. FAU winning the tournament is stealing an at-large bid (likely not happening), BUT Charlotte losing this semifinal game, and then FAU losing to SMU in the finals, may actually free up a bid. At present Charlotte has an RPI that's in, but the rest of their resume is fairly terrible (SoS of 80th, no Quad 1 wins or draws, has a really bad loss to UNCG). Charlotte may bubble out if they are close to the line, so they may be playing for their NCAA lives tomorrow.

Xavier of BE is #46 rpi. They play Providence tomorrow in Maryland (neutral) and if they win they will play winner of Georgetown/Uconn.  If they win tomorrow and at least draw vs Georgetown they could displace someone.

MU/WVU tix go on sale at noon tomorrow. If anyone has a ticket they know they can not use Sunday, PM me. I will buy it.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, jsbowen

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2023, 12:35:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to seriously try to expand the stadium next off season. Nothing crazy, but another 500-1,000 seats would be perfect imo.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2023, 02:23:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Charlotte may bubble out if they are close to the line, so they may be playing for their NCAA lives tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind kicking Charlotte's butt in soccer one more time if we get the chance.  They really hate that and consider themselves too refined to lose to us. which I don't understand as they're just hicks in a bigger city.

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2023, 08:17:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do hope we can add more seats. Definitely need and DESERVE a new scoreboard for 2024.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, HerdsHerd, luckytoes99

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2023, 08:17:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some film from WSAZ on the match. It is always great to beat the UK.

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/11/09/herd-blanks-cats/

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall, svherd

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2023, 08:28:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some film from WSAZ on the match. It is always great to beat the UK.

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/11/09/herd-blanks-cats/

Be even better if we beat the dark side of the force from up north.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, sardistim, parshall2marshall, svherd, muherd34, luckytoes99

Online chris88

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2023, 09:56:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to seriously try to expand the stadium next off season. Nothing crazy, but another 500-1,000 seats would be perfect imo.

Problem is expanding capacity will limit SRO and you'd have less capacity for really big matches.  But in long term, if season tix sales keep jumping it might be better. New scoreboard coming in 2024 but cannot be behind goals I believe.  Good problems to have. Crowds last night of 2176 was third in NCAA behind two ACC tilts that both involved two ranked teams.

Silva was a big factor last night imo. He adds so much quickness and dynamism to attack. Banford playing well. Dont know why they keep saying he is a Xavier transfer. and from Michigan. I believe he is from England and has always been with Herd....unless his online profile is way off. The womens team has a Xavier transfer.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, parshall2marshall, svherd, elginherd

Online svherd

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2023, 10:53:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Duggan has played lights out all year. Thought Roberto and Viega played extremely well last night. If we can withstand the first 10-15 of the WVU game and the emotion involved, I think we'll be OK. We seem to be a better second half team. Not sure if that's due to depth, coaching adjustments or the other team wearing down but we'll need all we can get on Sunday.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, parshall2marshall, chris88, overherd1, ThunderCat98

Offline ThunderCat98

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2023, 02:37:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Duggan has played lights out all year. Thought Roberto and Viega played extremely well last night. If we can withstand the first 10-15 of the WVU game and the emotion involved, I think we'll be OK. We seem to be a better second half team. Not sure if that's due to depth, coaching adjustments or the other team wearing down but we'll need all we can get on Sunday.

I watch a lot of soccer. One thing I've noticed over the years is in high-stakes games (rivalries, championships, etc.) the emotional highs of the moment tend to fade after the first 15-20 minutes of a match - moreso than just about any other sport - probably because soccer is more cerebral than most other sports. I agree that if we can weather the inevitable early storm - or at least match their intensity - we should win this match. I think the problem in Morgantown is that we let them punch us in the mouth early and we just never recovered.

Offline BobbyIdd47

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2023, 03:32:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Banford playing well. Dont know why they keep saying he is a Xavier transfer. and from Michigan. I believe he is from England and has always been with Herd....unless his online profile is way off. The womens team has a Xavier transfer.

Brain fart on our part. Our personal boards got crossed over along the way with the women's roster.

Online chris88

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2023, 03:47:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Brain fart on our part. Our personal boards got crossed over along the way with the women's roster.

No problem. For your penance you have to find me a way in on Sunday:)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2023, 03:47:33 PM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2023, 10:25:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watch a lot of soccer. One thing I've noticed over the years is in high-stakes games (rivalries, championships, etc.) the emotional highs of the moment tend to fade after the first 15-20 minutes of a match - moreso than just about any other sport - probably because soccer is more cerebral than most other sports. I agree that if we can weather the inevitable early storm - or at least match their intensity - we should win this match. I think the problem in Morgantown is that we let them punch us in the mouth early and we just never recovered.

I think playing at home the field won't be saturated and we kick their butts on an even keel.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2023, 10:33:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No problem. For your penance you have to find me a way in on Sunday:)

"The penitent man will pass." - Indiana Jones ( per Gerard van Honthorst (1592-1656) )
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 12:12:41 AM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2023, 10:38:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watch a lot of soccer. One thing I've noticed over the years is in high-stakes games (rivalries, championships, etc.) the emotional highs of the moment tend to fade after the first 15-20 minutes of a match - moreso than just about any other sport - probably because soccer is more cerebral than most other sports. I agree that if we can weather the inevitable early storm - or at least match their intensity - we should win this match. I think the problem in Morgantown is that we let them punch us in the mouth early and we just never recovered.

Probably more to do with getting tired TC. Pressing forward expends buku energy as you know.

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #40 on: November 10, 2023, 07:55:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Problem is expanding capacity will limit SRO and you'd have less capacity for really big matches.  But in long term, if season tix sales keep jumping it might be better. New scoreboard coming in 2024 but cannot be behind goals I believe.  Good problems to have. Crowds last night of 2176 was third in NCAA behind two ACC tilts that both involved two ranked teams.

Silva was a big factor last night imo. He adds so much quickness and dynamism to attack. Banford playing well. Dont know why they keep saying he is a Xavier transfer. and from Michigan. I believe he is from England and has always been with Herd....unless his online profile is way off. The womens team has a Xavier transfer.

Silva is a difference maker

Let's hope he's healthy now

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, parshall2marshall, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2023, 09:10:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On the statewide talk show yesterday, Grassie said the game in Morgantown was our worst effort by far this year. Injuries hurt as well. Agree with poster above that said if we can withstand the first 10-15 of this game with all the emotion involved, we should be OK. They are playing very well and both coaches know what the other does. An errant pass, fluke bounce, etc. could determine the outcome. I am sure Grassie and staff have studied the earlier game and have the guys prepared. If we play the entire WVU like we did in the second half of the UK, we win no question. Anything less will be a tense struggle. jmo

Hope we rest up and are healthy. One of our guys went off with what looked like a knee injury. Anyone have an update. Looked serious from his emotions. hope not.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online 2xBison

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2023, 09:23:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Silva is a difference maker

amazing how many ballers are on this team.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd

Online elginherd

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2023, 09:29:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Silva is a difference maker

Silva coming in for the last 30 minutes or so puts a lot of pressure on the opposition when there's a little fatigue.

Nobody's mentioned this, but AGP looks like he's completely healthy. He flashed some serious speed when scoring on his "pick six".
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2023, 09:29:45 AM »