Author Topic: Cam Fancher's High School stats  (Read 1055 times)

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Head Coach
  • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
Cam Fancher's High School stats
« on: November 09, 2023, 03:50:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Career Total     7 TDs  6 INTs    51% completion percentage  in 2019

https://247sports.com/player/cam-fancher-46100841/high-school-249937/#timeline

And we wonder why he struggles in D1

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

HerdFans.com

Cam Fancher's High School stats
    « on: November 09, 2023, 03:50:24 AM »

Offline BigJimslade

Re: Cam Fancher's High School stats
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 04:02:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Career Total     7 TDs  6 INTs    51% completion percentage  in 2019

https://247sports.com/player/cam-fancher-46100841/high-school-249937/#timeline

And we wonder why he struggles in D1

Pointless piling on

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd, Johns1124, Collis P, Flat Tire 2

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 05:27:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • State Champ in Triple Jump.   Very good athleticism.  Should TJ for Herd. 

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 07:08:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has been pointed out countless times he only played quarterback because they had no one else . Show me something in those stats that would warrant a scholarship offer to play quarterback here.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 07:22:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has been pointed out countless times he only played quarterback because they had no one else . Show me something in those stats that would warrant a scholarship offer to play quarterback here.

But, but . but we beat out the mighty Murray State racers for his services.  Why aren't you thrilled by this recruiting coupe?

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Online muherd34

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 07:25:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • State Champ in Triple Jump.   Very good athleticism.  Should TJ for Herd.

Don't want to hurt that throwing arm. Hehehe

Offline elginherd

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 07:51:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pointless piling on
    Therapeutic piling on.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 08:01:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not going to pick on the young man, he was placed at QB and he seems to be doing the best he can at the position. The problem is on the coach for not recruiting a good quarterback.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 10:02:35 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, BuckHerd

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He belongs on the field. But at WR.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, ed swain

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 08:12:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Doc offered him. Ask him

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 10:58:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought he was being pursued by bigger schools to play a position other than QB, but he insisted he wanted to play QB?  If I'm Doc, I'd promise he'll get a shot as a QB with the caveat that the coaches have the right to move him to another position if it doesn't work out.  He's very good athlete, so I don't blame Doc for bringing him in as a QB just to get a high level athlete into the program.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 11:26:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not going to pick on the young man, he was placed at QB and he seems to be doing the best he can at the position. The problem is on the coach for not recruiting a good quarterback.

Agreed!

Doc's staff offered him. Not much to say there. But this staff has had 3 years to develop a lot of positions including quarterback and it is obvious that they have failed on the development phase on several portions of this team.

The "Quick Fix to get out of Huntington" has not worked. It was a poor philosophy that has resulted in 5 straight losses and the uncompetitiveness is starting to show.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 11:30:20 AM by jdonaccbus »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 11:26:38 AM »

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 12:00:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is Huff's team and has been for nearly 3 seasons.  Huff knew what he had returning this season at QB and every other position.  He also knew what he had returning at every coaching position except DC and he should have known what he was hiring at DC. 

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 12:17:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Fancher is being limited by our poor OL and OC.  If he?s our QB let him play.   Stop holding him and our Qbs back with coaches soft mentality.

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 12:21:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish we knew what Harrison was doing. To me he looked pretty good in HS. Thought he might have been the best QB recruit in his class. Is he just a bust, is he hurt, is he developing? Huff runs a tighter ship than the Pentagon. I used to love following all the off season hype, no more.

I understand not giving out everything but you have to give enough to keep the fans engaged/hyped.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, ed swain, herdfifteen

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 12:23:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Fancher is being limited by our poor OL and OC.  If he?s our QB let him play.   Stop holding him and our Qbs back with coaches soft mentality.

I think RR could salvage Fancher to some degree. A run first option offense. Still don't think he'd be awesome, but it would be better.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 12:37:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Fancher was never groomed as a QB during HS ball, apparently.
    Soooo, that explains his lack of accuracy, eye discipline and failure to be able to recognize coverage. Blame Trickett all you want, but Fancher lacks native talent at QB. The best QB coach isn't going to be able to turn him into a legit D1 QB, or D2 QB for that matter.

In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MCA23

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 01:03:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Doc didn't want him as a QB.  Cramsey later said he liked the tools that Cam had, but that was after he was already here and it was coach speak.  When he was recruited he was told that we'd give him a shot at QB, but he could end up at another skill position.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, HoPPy785

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2023, 02:00:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unfortunately for the young man our staff is insistent on jamming that square peg in a round hole.  Hate it for the young man.

Offline svherd

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 02:10:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher was never groomed as a QB during HS ball, apparently.
    Soooo, that explains his lack of accuracy, eye discipline and failure to be able to recognize coverage. Blame Trickett all you want, but Fancher lacks native talent at QB. The best QB coach isn't going to be able to turn him into a legit D1 QB, or D2 QB for that matter.

Then don't make him a QB. Trick should have the gonads to tell Huff, "we tried but the kid just doesn't have it". Maybe he did and Huff ignored him. If so, Huff is even more suspect than I thought.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, elginherd

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 02:15:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t think Fancher is a high caliber Qb but he makes nice plays sometimes but the good plays are hardly ever used.  Strange play calling.  Pockets are getting phat somewhere. 

Online herd2win

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 02:50:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think if we had a real offensive coordinator, Fancher could be used to his strengths and maybe come in for a wildcat formation and then have him as a slot receiver regularly.

He is not an every play college QB. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 02:50:15 PM »

Online muherd34

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2023, 02:54:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t think Fancher is a high caliber Qb but he makes nice plays sometimes but the good plays are hardly ever used.  Strange play calling.  Pockets are getting phat somewhere.

Let's be honest, Fancher doesn't execute consistently enough to be a D1 qb.  He makes some plays where you see the talent.  Bur he then follows that up with 5 horrible plays.  Idc who I calling the plays, he doesn't have it

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2023, 04:21:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher has thrown for a 60% or better pass completion % only twice this season vs FBS competition.  He is throwing mostly high % passes close to or behind the LOS and can't complete 60% consistently.  His deep throws look bad.  He is either unable to see open WRs deep or makes a conscious decision to not throw the ball deep.  His passer rating is below 100.  His adjusted QBR was in the single digits twice this season and was 50 or above in only three FBS games this season.  He has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns.  He has struggled this season handing the ball to the RB and put the ball on the ground more than a FBS QB should, during Handoffs. 

If you look at his stats from the second part of last season and compare them objectively with his stats from this season, he has not improved.

Fancher may be tough and a good athlete, but he is not a good FBS QB.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, gochneaur645

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 04:31:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t think he is a good Qb.  Ready for somebody else.  But our OL and OC are struggling coaches and units.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 04:31:11 PM »