Author Topic: Cam Fancher's High School stats  (Read 1056 times)

Offline elginherd

Re: Cam Fancher's High School stats
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 05:16:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Then don't make him a QB. Trick should have the gonads to tell Huff, "we tried but the kid just doesn't have it". Maybe he did and Huff ignored him. If so, Huff is even more suspect than I thought.

Exactly.
    And if Fancher "gives us the best chance to win", then that strongly suggests a bad job at evaluating potential recruits.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 05:16:57 PM »

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #26 on: November 09, 2023, 05:43:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly I'm still trying to understand how things got to the way they are now.  The new coach Huff mantra is apparently "it's not fair to the seniors".  When was it fair to the seniors to put Cam Fancher in at QB? How is it fair to the seniors to only prepare one QB to play? 

How was it fair to anyone to NOT have a qb competition in the preseason at all? 

Imagine being a QB or a QB's parent and your head coach before the spring game declares a kid that just learned to play QB as the starter and it really doesn't matter how hard you worked or how good you played in practice and it's probably going to be the same way next year.

Imagine being the second string QB and not even getting briefed or prepared to play a game because the staff doesn't believe in anyone but Cam. 

Imagine being a QB and having to watch a green QB run our offense into the ground over and over and lose games and being shown that you aren't worthy enough to even compete against him. 

It's just madness honestly

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, elginherd

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2023, 06:09:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Imagine transfer portal players auto taking your role on the team that were bench warmers elsewhere and unproven.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #28 on: November 09, 2023, 06:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could you all lay off this kid? He's not the one that decides who plays and who sits. Whether he's good enough or not, he's being told to start and he's playing to the best of his abilities. This is not his fault. He's doing what's being asked of him. And for the record, whether he can drill a 40 yard tight spiral across his body and hit his receivers in the chest... or not, he's proven he's a tough kid that's sacrificed his body for this program. Lighten up on him and direct your frustrations at the coaching staff.

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, Big City, muherd34

Offline Big City

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could you all lay off this kid? He's not the one that decides who plays and who sits. Whether he's good enough or not, he's being told to start and he's playing to the best of his abilities. This is not his fault. He's doing what's being asked of him. And for the record, whether he can drill a 40 yard tight spiral across his body and hit his receivers in the chest... or not, he's proven he's a tough kid that's sacrificed his body for this program. Lighten up on him and direct your frustrations at the coaching staff.

+1
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2023, 10:14:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For some reason I am thinking Fancher is going to be mistaken for Joe Namath at times Saturday. Not kidding.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline banker

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2023, 11:19:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I respect him for trying and 100% blame the coaches for the repeated abuse of him. It would be like me showing up for work and my boss telling me I had to sing in the lobby all day. I can?t sing but I want to keep a job.  So I just have to go out there and embarrass myself and offend the customers and he just keeps making me do it.

With that said, I would damn well put 100% of myself into learning to sing better or find songs that would be easier for me to sing. If he?s doing that then he is blameless.

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2023, 11:21:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I respect him for trying and 100% blame the coaches for the repeated abuse of him. It would be like me showing up for work and my boss telling me I had to sing in the lobby all day. I can?t sing but I want to keep a job.  So I just have to go out there and embarrass myself and offend the customers and he just keeps making me do it.

With that said, I would damn well put 100% of myself into learning to sing better or find songs that would be easier for me to sing. If he?s doing that then he is blameless.

Not a bad analogy...
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Skidude

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2023, 05:14:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not a bad analogy...
    ...maybe a little tone deaf, but not bad.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 05:40:12 AM by wasbarryb »

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms, elginherd

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #34 on: November 10, 2023, 05:25:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...maybe a little tone deft, but not bad.

Ha, good one.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #35 on: November 10, 2023, 02:40:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is the coaches fault 100%, putting a kid that doesn't have the skills, understanding and confidence to play well is not doing the kid any favors, because their deficiencies will be exposed for the world to see and playing bad and losing will affect them.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2023, 02:40:53 PM »