Author Topic: Taylor  (Read 1355 times)

Offline goherd24

Taylor
« on: November 09, 2023, 06:47:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Played 11 minutes off the bench for state. Missed every shot and had 0 pts.

The grass isn't always greener. Enjoy that nil money.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, muherd34, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Taylor
    « on: November 09, 2023, 06:47:08 AM »

Online herdorbust2

Re: Taylor
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 06:49:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Handlogton had 16 pts and 6 rebounds in 21 minutes in his Florida opener.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, muherd34, Collis P, MicDrass1, ThunderCat98

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 07:31:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

0-4
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 07:56:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, they are gone so who cares?

Since Taylor seemed to be playing out of control a lot of the time, it might be better that he is gone? It was obvious Dan wasn't going to coach him or make him play within his "system".

The loss of Micah really hurts. That was a nice pickup by the basketball staff. You have to wonder if Micah's plan was to come to a school like MU instead of playing on a post graduate program to get exposure?  Micah got exposure at MU and a P5 was willing to invest the time for him to develop to play at a much higher level of college basketball. That didn't happen he came out of high school. Since his father played in the MAC and NBA, he knows about basketball. That is my conspiracy theory lol.  I live in Florida so I will get to see him play along with FAU.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 08:35:34 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I mean he isn't going to the NBA so he probably will enjoy that NIL money. Might as well make something before your career is over. Half this board acted like he wasn't any good anyways.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, ru4mu2, Buffalo Bop, wlf, herdly4, HerdsHerd, ThunderCat98

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 09:14:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I mean he isn't going to the NBA so he probably will enjoy that NIL money. Might as well make something before your career is over. Half this board acted like he wasn't any good anyways.

I agree, he played his 4 years at Marshall, this is a bonus year for him.  He was able to maximize his NIL value, which should give him a nice nest egg for starting the next phase of his life. 

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 10:22:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who?
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, wasbarryb, goherd24

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 10:40:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was reading an article just the other day saying Taylor recently took a "personal day" away from the team and missed an exhibition game. Didn't give a reason why he was absent but their coach essentially said he has to improve on his defensive skills or he won't be getting much playing time.

Mindblowing to read that considering the amount of NIL money they are giving him. You would think they would have seen the defensive issues before offering him like they did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, ru4mu2, HoPPy785

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 11:23:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was reading an article just the other day saying Taylor recently took a "personal day" away from the team and missed an exhibition game. Didn't give a reason why he was absent but their coach essentially said he has to improve on his defensive skills or he won't be getting much playing time.

Mindblowing to read that considering the amount of NIL money they are giving him. You would think they would have seen the defensive issues before offering him like they did.

I also think it proves how little Dan cares about defense.

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 11:48:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also think it proves how little Dan cares about defense.
    There it is! If you had the under 5 hours line on Bust interrupting a post to blame coach DD for Taylor?s PT at MSU, you are a winner! The obsession is not healthy.

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84, usedcars1, AEOS, wasbarryb, HoPPy785, goherd24, overherd1

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 12:09:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There it is! If you had the under 5 hours line on Bust interrupting a post to blame coach DD for Taylor?s PT at MSU, you are a winner! The obsession is not healthy.

Isn't it true? Danny rarely talks about D or puts much practice toward D. Now another coach is saying his D has to get a lot better for playing time. Sounds more like you run to the defense of Danny no matter if it is the truth. Defense is just as important as offense.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 12:15:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Voyles better

The following users thanked this post: goherd24

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 12:15:05 PM »

Offline wlf

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 01:02:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just hope Taylor already got his money. I wonder when the next lawsuit comes about the NCAA regulating the transfer of NIL's.

I read this quote"Handing the N.C.A.A. an investigation is like throwing a Frisbee to an elderly dog. Maybe you get something back. Maybe the dog lies down and chews a big stick.?

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 01:17:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is the exact quote coach Chris Jans said about Taylor recently when asked to give an update on him.

"With Andrew, certainly there's maybe been a bigger adjustment for him, because of the levels that he used to play against on a daily basis. He's got to figure out angles, how to defend and how to keep some guys that are maybe a little quicker than he is in front of him. But he certainly has an offensive repertoire that he brings with him. That's why we brought him here to help us on the scoring end, and he's trying to do enough on the defensive end to keep him on the floor.""

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 01:22:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is the exact quote coach Chris Jans said about Taylor recently when asked to give an update on him.

"With Andrew, certainly there's maybe been a bigger adjustment for him, because of the levels that he used to play against on a daily basis. He's got to figure out angles, how to defend and how to keep some guys that are maybe a little quicker than he is in front of him. But he certainly has an offensive repertoire that he brings with him. That's why we brought him here to help us on the scoring end, and he's trying to do enough on the defensive end to keep him on the floor.""

If I am reading this correctly, the coach is saying Andrew didn't have practice experience against good players? If this is true, it is another reason for Dan to bring in better players to create competition. If you ever played organized sports, quality competition against good players in practice will make you a better player.

The following users thanked this post: wlf, herdorbust2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 01:37:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taylor had not played in exhibition games and was listed as game time decision before last nights game so take that for what it's worth. I would expect him to get some more minutes as the season goes

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 02:56:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taylor was caught flat footed on defense a lot while he was here allowing the man he was guarding to blow past him.  It is not surprising that he is having a tough time adjusting defensively, he was never really held accountable for his poor defense while at Marshall. 

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, MUfan08, parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 03:37:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Looked at bank account. Hooked up with girlfriend. Smiled.

He'll never make a dollar playing basketball after this season. Hard to fault a guy with his limited skillset for taking the money. Granted, it's a limited skillset that would have been helpful to us.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2023, 04:08:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looked at bank account. Hooked up with girlfriend. Smiled.

He'll never make a dollar playing basketball after this season. Hard to fault a guy with his limited skillset for taking the money. Granted, it's a limited skillset that would have been helpful to us.

I doubt it. If he has a disasterous year, he won't be laughing about it. and who knows what stipulations were in that agreement. He may not get %^&*, for riding the bench.

I like our team without him honestly. They actually looked and played like a team.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 08:39:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I doubt it. If he has a disasterous year, he won't be laughing about it. and who knows what stipulations were in that agreement. He may not get %^&*, for riding the bench.

I like our team without him honestly. They actually looked and played like a team.

The NIL money can?t be performance based.
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for,
    And your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    *John Prine*

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, wlf

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 09:15:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think with Voyles, we will not miss Taylor. We'll have to see about Martin and if he can replace Micah. Replacing Taveon wasn't going to be easy. If we play as a team, we can make some noise against our peers.

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 09:35:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was Taylor's NIL money$200,000. That's a lot for us but in college athletics it is chump change.
    I wish him the best and if handled correctly $200,000 is a fine way to start your post-college life.

The following users thanked this post: wlf

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 09:35:50 PM »

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2023, 09:36:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His girlfriend told my wife he received $400,000.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2023, 09:46:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His girlfriend told my wife he received $400,000.

This
    S M I L E -

Offline coalherd

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 09:55:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who?

Andy.  Andy Taylor!  Heck, man, I'm watching him and Barney on the tube as I type!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 09:55:44 PM »