Author Topic: SBC Championship Game Tickets  (Read 591 times)

Offline gochneaur645

SBC Championship Game Tickets
« on: November 09, 2023, 12:06:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Went on sale today at 12:00 and were sold out by 12:01.

I was refreshing the website every few seconds before noon and still wasn't fast enough. If anybody has any extras, I'll pay double or triple what they're worth.

HerdFans.com

SBC Championship Game Tickets
    « on: November 09, 2023, 12:06:25 PM »

Online chris88

Re: SBC Championship Game Tickets
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 12:10:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had exact same experience. Waiting for SRO
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: gochneaur645

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 12:14:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had exact same experience. Waiting for SRO

Haha oops, I didn't realize SRO was separate. They're available now.

Online elginherd

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 12:15:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Went on sale today at 12:00 and were sold out by 12:01.

I was refreshing the website every few seconds before noon and still wasn't fast enough. If anybody has any extras, I'll pay double or triple what they're worth.

I was a little later, 12:04...Sold out.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Online elginherd

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 12:22:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haha oops, I didn't realize SRO was separate. They're available now.

I checked the moment that you posted...I'm getting 'no tickets for events'.
    I suspect that their website has a problem.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 12:25:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I checked the moment that you posted...I'm getting 'no tickets for events'.
    I suspect that their website has a problem.

Wow, yeah it looks like the SRO's are sold out now too.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 12:27:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 12:28:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Out of curiosity, how much do season tickets run? So I can get first dibs on games like this in future years ?

Online 2xBison

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 12:31:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Out of curiosity, how much do season tickets run? So I can get first dibs on games like this in future years ?
    Not expensive at all. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline ijw

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 12:32:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    You would think so.  Instead they let WVU fans have the same opportunity as you.  Mine is still spinning at 12:30 saying do not press back or refresh lol.

I will trade 3 front row tickets to Saturdays Football game for one soccer standing room only.  Send me a message. 

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 12:38:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You would think so.  Instead they let WVU fans have the same opportunity as you.  Mine is still spinning at 12:30 saying do not press back or refresh lol.

I will trade 3 front row tickets to Saturdays Football game for one soccer standing room only.  Send me a message.

Sad testimony on the apparent State of Marshall Football. Just sad. :-)
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

Online elginherd

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 12:40:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You would think so.  Instead they let WVU fans have the same opportunity as you.  Mine is still spinning at 12:30 saying do not press back or refresh lol.

Maybe because it's a SBC event, that SPAMites get the same opportunity?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 12:40:18 PM »

Online elginherd

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 12:42:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not expensive at all. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my neighbor said that it was $100 each for 3 season tickets, not including a BG membership.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 12:46:38 PM by elginherd »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 12:52:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I could be wrong, but I thought MU gave all the MU soccer season holders the first chance to purchase tickets?

Offline ijw

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could be wrong, but I thought MU gave all the MU soccer season holders the first chance to purchase tickets?
    Someone confirm this for me.  I'll cancel my football tickets next year and direct the money towards something more productive.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

Offline herdthatandrew

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 12:56:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could be wrong, but I thought MU gave all the MU soccer season holders the first chance to purchase tickets?

They did and that's where the leftovers went. We were able to purchase at 11. It was a great way to ensure that we kept out as many wvu fans as possible. All reserved seating was gone before 12 and most of the GA as well. I have heard they may release another batch of GA tomorrow so be on the lookout

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2

Offline puma

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 12:58:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I spammed reload starting at 11:59 and never did see an available seat. The whole stadium was grayed out the entire time. I'm not surprised, there is incredible demand for these things plus evenue doesn't seem to have any anti-bot measures.

Serves me right for not getting season tickets, since I've gone to just about every home game anyways. Definitely learned my lesson. I wouldn't be surprised if they're hard to come by next season.

On the plus side, the standing room only is going to be nuts. If MU doesn't put up temporary concession stands and open things up early, they're absolutely nuts.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall, ijw

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 01:04:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They did and that's where the leftovers went. We were able to purchase at 11. It was a great way to ensure that we kept out as many wvu fans as possible. All reserved seating was gone before 12 and most of the GA as well. I have heard they may release another batch of GA tomorrow so be on the lookout

Are you saying that vast majority of tickets were gone before they were put on sale on the website at noon? If so, it sounds like very few of the wvu fans were able to purchase tickets?

The following users thanked this post: Skidude

Offline herdthatandrew

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2023, 01:06:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you saying that vast majority of tickets were gone before they were put on sale on the website at noon? If so, it sounds like very few of the wvu fans were able to purchase tickets?

Correct, all reserved seats were gone and purchased by season ticket holders before noon.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, Flat Tire 2, puma

Offline puma

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 01:16:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's definitely a positive.

Have they sold out general admission before? I figured they'd cram as much SRO into there as possible and was surprised to see it sold out. It must be a safety thing. I'm sure a lot of people would go just to say they went and have a chance to storm the field, even if they can't see much of the game itself.

Wikipedia shows last night's attendance at 3,099 at #1, followed by 3,075 against UCF, and 3,033 against WVU two years ago.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 01:17:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully, we are learning...

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline ijw

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 01:19:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's definitely a positive.

Have they sold out general admission before? I figured they'd cram as much SRO into there as possible and was surprised to see it sold out. It must be a safety thing. I'm sure a lot of people would go just to say they went and have a chance to storm the field, even if they can't see much of the game itself.

Wikipedia shows last night's attendance at 3,099 at #1, followed by 3,075 against UCF, and 3,033 against WVU two years ago.

I was at all those and I feel the WVU game was more packed.  They were several deep on the edges past the bleachers,  wasn't anything like that for the other two.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, puma

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 01:19:12 PM »

Offline herdthatandrew

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2023, 01:36:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was at all those and I feel the WVU game was more packed.  They were several deep on the edges past the bleachers,  wasn't anything like that for the other two.

I'd agree. I think we had more for that wvu match than any other. The UCF game was full but nowhere near as packed. I'd imagine we shatter the record and Sunday if they allow more SRO to be sold

Online svherd

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2023, 02:12:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I paid $200 apiece for mine in 103.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online chris88

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 03:45:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • - GA non reserved season tickets were $50 this year and did not require BG fee. There were 10 regular season games this year. I actually liked those better because you are very close to field
    - The reserve seats on press box side not including 103 were $85 for tickets + required $60 BG fee per seat, so $145. There was one more home game this year vs last. 103 is dead center on home side and have chairbacks??
    - SBC tourney tickets were offered to season ticket holders but you had to basically sign up for all three matches and were charged for each match MU played in. Being out of town I didn't know if I could be at any of the matches at the time so I didn't do it. Hindsight is 20/20 knowing how it turned out but it is what it is.
    - When they announce a sellout it is usually for seats not SRO. I was on several times this afternoon from 11:50am forward and never saw SRO seats available. But I just checked with ticket office and the SRO's are sold out and nothing else will be offered. He said he thinks the website crashed at some point. I'm thinking about bringing a ladder and watching from beyond the fence or on neighboring roofs:)
    - Ticket office said NCAA tourney tickets will likely be offered to season ticket holders first. You can go online and get College Cup tickets now but only available in upper levels at this point. About $18 a seat. Lower levels probably reserved for teams.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 03:59:36 PM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 03:45:52 PM »