Author Topic: Unconfirmed Rumor  (Read 1837 times)

Offline herd1990

Unconfirmed Rumor
« on: November 11, 2023, 09:43:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That Cole is starting today.  We shall see....

HerdFans.com

Unconfirmed Rumor
    « on: November 11, 2023, 09:43:19 AM »

Offline goherd24

Re: Unconfirmed Rumor
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 09:49:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That Cole is starting today.  We shall see....

Posted it last night. Not a rumor

Offline herd1990

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 09:55:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Posted it last night. Not a rumor

Didn't see the post.  So it is confirmed?  Where is the thread?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 09:57:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't see the post.  So it is confirmed?  Where is the thread?

Yep. And it was not huffs decision. Although he'll talk about practice this seek being phenomenal or whatever way he wants to spin it. It was clear in his last press conference he was all in on cam. Lol

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, parshall2marshall

Offline herd1990

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 10:04:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep. And it was not huffs decision. Although he'll talk about practice this seek being phenomenal or whatever way he wants to spin it. It was clear in his last press conference he was all in on cam. Lol

While I appreciate the insight and the switch, I have a hard time believing Coach Fluff was left out of the equation.  If that's true that's a great sign that he's out after the next 3 games.  I also hope we leave Cole in the whole game, no matter what.  We've watched enough Cam 3 and outs and pics.....let's not get cranky if Cole has a little of that today. 

Offline elginherd

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 10:04:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A rumor can be true...
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 10:07:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While I appreciate the insight and the switch, I have a hard time believing Coach Fluff was left out of the equation.  If that's true that's a great sign that he's out after the next 3 games.  I also hope we leave Cole in the whole game, no matter what.  We've watched enough Cam 3 and outs and pics.....let's not get cranky if Cole has a little of that today.
    I agree we should not get overly emotional if Cole has a rough game. He needs to get used to the speed of the game.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, horsrman

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 10:09:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While I appreciate the insight and the switch, I have a hard time believing Coach Fluff was left out of the equation.  If that's true that's a great sign that he's out after the next 3 games.  I also hope we leave Cole in the whole game, no matter what.  We've watched enough Cam 3 and outs and pics.....let's not get cranky if Cole has a little of that today.
    He'll definitely try to switch cam back in. They came to the understanding that cole would start the game. No guarantees he would stay in the game. But at least he isn't coming in down and out in w hostile environment with no real prep. Excited to see how he does.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 10:20:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He'll definitely try to switch cam back in. They came to the understanding that cole would start the game. No guarantees he would stay in the game. But at least he isn't coming in down and out in w hostile environment with no real prep. Excited to see how he does.

Who is they? If it is Spears, or somebody from the BOG then we got bigger problems that I thought.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, muherd34, andy31, s1uggo, MicDrass1, herdorbust2

Offline goherd24

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 10:27:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Who is they? If it is Spears, or somebody from the BOG then we got bigger problems that I thought.

Not sure how they are any bigger than we thought. Lol. Huff is clearly not a good HC. Everyone knows it at this point I think. He isn't exactly, charming either in the real world.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline muherd34

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2023, 10:30:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree we should not get overly emotional if Cole has a rough game. He needs to get used to the speed of the game.

Yup, doesn't matter.  At least we can have some hope.  We already know it doesn't work with Cam.  Any other qb will have my full support the rest of the season.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain, miltonherdfan

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 10:32:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure how they are any bigger than we thought. Lol. Huff is clearly not a good HC. Everyone knows it at this point I think. He isn't exactly, charming either in the real world.

Our problem right now is we have a bad coach, if the "they" you allude to is Spears or BOG then, yes we have bigger problems.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, s1uggo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 10:32:42 AM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2023, 10:33:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Our problem right now is we have a bad coach, if the "they" you allude to is Spears or BOG then, yes we have bigger problems.
    How is that a bigger problem? If they know and see we have issues? The solution is Huff is gone anyway, long term.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2023, 10:40:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good news if true. But guys, come on, there is no way "it wasn't his (Fluff's) decision (to play Cole)". You guys worry about the optics of firing a coach...or a chant...but 1000 times worse is if we had someone in the administration telling a head coach of a D-I program what players to play and when. THAT is a case where we'd never get a real coach to come here if word got around. There is absolutely no way that happened. Why do y'all believe some of this stuff. I don't care who you heard it from, that didn't happen. Someone may have suggested it or put a little pressure on him to make a QB change...but NO ONE is telling a HC who to play.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, ru4mu2, herdly4, herdfan129

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 10:41:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How is that a bigger problem? If they know and see we have issues? The solution is Huff is gone anyway, long term.

Think big picture, any future coach worth a salt would think twice about coming to a program, where outside sources are dictating who plays and who doesn't. I want a new QB as much as anybody, I also don't think Huff is much of a HC (and if what you say is true, proves it even more), but it is his team. If Spears, or BOG don't like his decisions fire him. People need to know their roles.

The following users thanked this post: jdonaccbus, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, THECHAMPISHERE

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 10:42:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who is they? If it is Spears, or somebody from the BOG then we got bigger problems that I thought.

someone needed to force his hand!  we know Fancher is huff's do or die, huff's not gonna make a switch on his own unless cam's health would force him to (& we hope it'd never come to that).  we know huff either has no eye for QB talent or can't out-recruit (at least in his eyes) Fancher, b/c he's had 3 yrs to do it & hasn't.  & if trickett is any kind of asst/OC at all?, certainly he's tried to talk huff into making a change & hasn't been able to convince him.

IF huff's being let go, i don't care where the decision came from.  if huff were in year 1 of his deal & there was a 0% chance of him being let go at the end of the season, then YES, this would absolutely be a problem.  but if someone doesn't force him to make a move, Fancher has 2 more yrs of eligibility left...it'd be a long 2 yrs.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2023, 10:43:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Think big picture, any future coach worth a salt would think twice about coming to a program, where outside sources are dictating who plays and who doesn't. I want a new QB as much as anybody, I also don't think Huff is much of a HC (and if what you say is true, proves it even more), but it is his team. If Spears, or BOG don't like his decisions fire him. People need to know their roles.

You are exactly right with both of your posts. There is no way this happened.

The following users thanked this post: MidlandKnight

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 10:45:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Think big picture, any future coach worth a salt would think twice about coming to a program, where outside sources are dictating who plays and who doesn't. I want a new QB as much as anybody, I also don't think Huff is much of a HC (and if what you say is true, proves it even more), but it is his team. If Spears, or BOG don't like his decisions fire him. People need to know their roles.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the situation, just look at basketball where we keep Dan. Both Dan and Huff are in over their heads. 

The following users thanked this post: MidlandKnight, herdorbust2

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 10:50:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If true, MU should announce it if nothing else to boost tickets sales.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, MidlandKnight

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 10:56:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agree 100%. If this is true and I would hope it is not, then NO future coach worth a dime would want to come here and coach under these circumstances.

If this is true, then this would be the biggest cluster f^(& in the history of cluster f^(&$.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline muherd34

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 10:58:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My guess is that Cam is injured.  If this is even true.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, ThunderCat98

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 10:58:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • maybe huff was given choices??

swallow your pride & make a change at QB (includes option of saving face & "resigning" Snyder-style at end of season, collect 2024 salary on way out the door)

refuse to change & be fired, scarring your resume

refuse to change & resign, forfeiting 1.5 yrs of remaining salary

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #22 on: November 11, 2023, 11:01:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While I cannot guarantee he always makes the best decision, but I can assure you that no one wants to win more than Huff.

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2023, 11:03:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • maybe huff was given choices??

swallow your pride & make a change at QB (includes option of saving face & "resigning" Snyder-style at end of season, collect 2024 salary on way out the door)

refuse to change & be fired, scarring your resume

refuse to change & resign, forfeiting 1.5 yrs of remaining salary

I have to agree with the others saying no way it was a forced decision. A suggestions, sure. If faced with an ultimatum then I believe most coaches would just do the opposite and purposely get fired cause it would mean he's effectively fired anyways.

I don't see any scenario where he resigns and leaves roughly a million dollars on the table. He would force the buyout. Other schools aren't dumb enough to see a resignation as anything other than a failure on the same level as a firing.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2023, 11:07:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    where is this posted?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2023, 11:07:14 AM »