Author Topic: Unconfirmed Rumor  (Read 1849 times)

Offline jdonaccbus

Re: Unconfirmed Rumor
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2023, 11:10:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Huff's hand is forced on making changes, then Dan D'Antoni sure as hell should have been forced to make changes to the roster this off-season. You can't run a complete double-standard.

In this era of basketball, you don't redshirt two guys that are in year 3 of the program because "they aren't good enough yet to make the rotation". You move those guys to a lower level of basketball where they can earn a scholarship. When you have also fulfilled your 4 years to two seniors, you don't owe any one, any thing any more. If they need a class or two, then they find a way like most of America to fulfill your degree requirements. Four older players on scholarship that contribute nothing, and only a few posters on this message board can see. That too is an athletic administration problem. You run the roster like a Division 1 team....not as a church-lady's bridge game.

If this rumor is true, then this type of stuff will not turn out well in the long run. Word gets out in the coaching circles.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, DC01HERD, svherd, muherd34, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2023, 11:10:48 AM »

Offline scuberman

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2023, 11:14:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My personal belief is that both Cam and Ali have been injured since this debacle began. I have nothing to base this on, I have that feeling. We would never know since Huff is so close to the vest with his depth chart.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline muherd34

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2023, 11:14:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Huff's hand is forced on making changes, then Dan D'Antoni sure as hell should have been forced to make changes to the roster this off-season. You can't run a complete double-standard.

In this era of basketball, you don't redshirt two guys that are in year 3 of the program because "they aren't good enough yet to make the rotation". You move those guys to a lower level of basketball where they can earn a scholarship. When you have also fulfilled your 4 years to two seniors, you don't owe any one, any thing any more. If they need a class or two, then they find a way like most of America to fulfill your degree requirements. Four older players on scholarship that contribute nothing, and only a few posters on this message board can see. That too is an athletic administration problem. You run the roster like a Division 1 team....not as a church-lady's bridge game.

If this rumor is true, then this type of stuff will not turn out well in the long run. Word gets out in the coaching circles.

No way we forced Huff to make the change.  It's either gamesmanship, injury or he said f it, let's try something different.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With 1 offensive TD in the last 13 quarters ... Huff is figuratively ( not literally ) on the verge of being run out of town.

You people honestly think there was not severe pressure on Huff to make a change at QB ? Seriously ?

Heck, I expected Cole to start last week.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, mr_ash_1995

Offline miltonherdfan

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2023, 11:50:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seeing how stubborn Huff is, Pennington will start.  He will take one snap and the. Return to the bench.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline D1

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2023, 12:03:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The "rumor" is true and to double down, Bill Legg is now the highest paid Scout Team coach in the SBC.  I understand he's been relieved of his OL responsibilities and regulated to running the scout team D.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, muherd34, MicDrass1, ThunderCat98

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2023, 12:08:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The "rumor" is true and to double down, Bill Legg is now the highest paid Scout Team coach in the SBC.  I understand he's been relieved of his OL responsibilities and regulated to running the scout team D.

Best news yet. Our OL is TERRIBLE and Bill Legg sucks.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline svherd

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2023, 12:16:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll believe it when I see it.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2023, 12:23:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah,
    I'm almost believing that there'll be a baseball stadium, LOL!
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2023, 12:25:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I did hear about Legg earlier in the week.  Hopefully it helps!  TE Coach has coached the OL before. 

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2023, 12:47:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did hear about Legg earlier in the week.  Hopefully it helps!  TE Coach has coached the OL before.

Huff?s biggest mistake - running of Morrisey & thinking Legg was better.  Lol

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, MUinDE, ru4mu2, BuckHerd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2023, 12:47:48 PM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2023, 01:18:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cole deserves the chance to start the last 3 games. He needs the chance to see if he can grow and if the game slows down for him. Fancher is a great kid but he's had about 17 games. It's time to tell Cole just go play.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, muherd34, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Offline svherd

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2023, 01:22:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GSU is weak against the pass. Maybe this is the reason for the rumor. They don't know what Cole can do, or if he is a better passer than Cam. Should open up things for the running game as well. Wish they would let Turner run the ball, he is speedy and ran well last year, I thought

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MicDrass1

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2023, 01:22:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Could be post of the year ... just by being an understated statement of fact.

I don't have the technical knowledge of what it would take to coach the OL, but from a fan perspective it would seem (if I had to guess) that poutie has been close to almost destroying the program for years.

People blasted me for criticizing him after a podcast / interview with the guy around 2014 ... citing all these wonderful Herd offensive stats ... and I replied that he had not done such a good job - that Cato had MADE Legg's 2013/2014 success.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 01:29:38 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, MicDrass1, D1

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2023, 01:29:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They don't know what Cole can do, or if he is a better passer than Cam.

some things you just assume by default  haha

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2023, 01:35:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GSU is weak against the pass. Maybe this is the reason for the rumor. They don't know what Cole can do, or if he is a better passer than Cam. Should open up things for the running game as well. Wish they would let Turner run the ball, he is speedy and ran well last year, I thought

Turner can play now and for rest of season & still maintain his RS.  Unleash him. Mu has always been great with a 1-2 punch backfield.  How a former rb coach doesn?t grasp a 1-2 rb concept is mind boggling.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline goherd24

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2023, 02:58:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good news if true. But guys, come on, there is no way "it wasn't his (Fluff's) decision (to play Cole)". You guys worry about the optics of firing a coach...or a chant...but 1000 times worse is if we had someone in the administration telling a head coach of a D-I program what players to play and when. THAT is a case where we'd never get a real coach to come here if word got around. There is absolutely no way that happened. Why do y'all believe some of this stuff. I don't care who you heard it from, that didn't happen. Someone may have suggested it or put a little pressure on him to make a QB change...but NO ONE is telling a HC who to play.

Haha. Yeah, ok, go back and listen to his press conference where he clearly endorses Fancher.. This is precisely why I share hardly any major info on this board.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:04:49 PM by goherd24 »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2023, 03:00:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • where is this posted?

I posted it last night in the score prediction thread and the only scored 24 points or whatever thread.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not his decision doesn?t necessarily mean huff was told by a higher up to play this player or that.  It could be an injury where the athletic trainers and doctors say he can?t go. Not everything has to be a conspiracy theory

Offline goherd24

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2023, 03:12:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seeing how stubborn Huff is, Pennington will start.  He will take one snap and the. Return to the bench.

That could happen. Lol. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if he is pulled at the first sign of trouble.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #46 on: November 11, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With 1 offensive TD in the last 13 quarters ...

The Ali touchdown pass was a very low percentage play that worked out.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »