Author Topic: WE ARE BOWLING!  (Read 1307 times)

Offline CoachMaclid

WE ARE BOWLING!
« on: November 25, 2023, 07:55:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With Washington State and BYU losing just now, I believe that guarantees us one of the 82 bowl invites. 

SO PACK YOUR BAGS, HERD FANS!

HerdFans.com

WE ARE BOWLING!
    « on: November 25, 2023, 07:55:28 PM »

Offline herdfan429

Re: WE ARE BOWLING!
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 07:58:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bahamas bowl in Charlotte here we come

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 07:58:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With Washington State and BYU losing just now, I believe that guarantees us one of the 82 bowl invites. 

SO PACK YOUR BAGS, HERD FANS!

No and you can?t make me

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 09:07:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol. Of course we were gonna get a bowl at 6-6. I like the exposure and what not for Marshall, and the reward for the players but I'm not that excited about it. Unless we get a p5 in some crazy mix and match deal. I can't get excited about playing Charlotte in the Bahamas on a Wednesday at 1 pm before Christmas

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 09:18:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol. Of course we were gonna get a bowl at 6-6. I like the exposure and what not for Marshall, and the reward for the players but I'm not that excited about it. Unless we get a p5 in some crazy mix and match deal. I can't get excited about playing Charlotte in the Bahamas on a Wednesday at 1 pm before Christmas
    No worries....it wont be Charlotte. They aren't bowl eligible...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: diamante

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 09:19:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The Bahamas Bowl is going to be held at Charlotte's 15,000 seat stadium this year because of renovations at the bowl stadium. It will be called the "Famous Toastry Bowl." Charlotte is sitting at 3-8... they aren't bowling.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 09:21:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No worries....it wont be Charlotte. They aren't bowl eligible...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Haha. I just picked a random trash school. Fill in the blank. You know what i mean.

I am still sick over getting stuck with NIU when we killed it in 2014. Maryland was so much better for us the year before. People notice that win, nobody cared about us beating down a much better NIU team

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline herdman22

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 09:37:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw one projection last week that had us playing Texas Tech.

Saw one this morning had Ark St playing Syracuse. It didn't have us in but of course that changed today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2023, 09:45:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haha. I just picked a random trash school. Fill in the blank. You know what i mean.

I am still sick over getting stuck with NIU when we killed it in 2014. Maryland was so much better for us the year before. People notice that win, nobody cared about us beating down a much better NIU team

Sure I prefer a power school like Maryland over NIU but let's be honest, no one gives a %^&* about Maryland and not many people noticed

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, MUther

Offline goherd24

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2023, 10:06:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sure I prefer a power school like Maryland over NIU but let's be honest, no one gives a %^&* about Maryland and not many people noticed

It was discussed and talked about in preseason articles all over the place and did a lot to get attention on us. I vividly remember it being mentioned many times

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2023, 10:31:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher and OL play like they did in 1st half today we will be successful - but need more than Payne running the ball to win.  Turner had 1 carry but man did he hit the hole hard and fast for 5 yds.  He?s a 100yd back every game with 18-22 carries.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, puma, D1

Offline chris88

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2023, 10:32:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really happy for seniors and fans that went for the victory today. Fancher was pretty good today.

Not excited for a bowl in a season in which we don't have 6 FBS wins and are in last place in our division.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: elginherd, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2023, 10:32:44 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 10:52:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really happy for seniors and fans that went for the victory today. Fancher was pretty good today.

Not excited for a bowl in a season in which we don't have 6 FBS wins and are in last place in our division.

The first half, he was!!

2nd half, not so much.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2023, 05:37:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not that it matters, but ESPN+ has two guys predicting bowls:

One guy said December 16th in the Cure Bowl in Orlando against Northern Illinois.

The other guy had us in Boca Raton on December 21st against San Jose State.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2023, 07:18:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agree 24.  If we were so enamored with the MAC, MAC football, etc., we would Still be in the MAC!!! Already saw one guru predicting we'll be playing Northern Illinois in some obscure bowl.  Really gets the blood a pumpin, doesn't it!!

Two HERD bowl appearances that were worth my attendance were the old Motor City Bowl against Old Miss back the Chad and Randy days, and a Military Bowl game in Annapolis as we sent Maryland's Terrapins on their Swansong way out of the ACC with a BIG "L"!!!

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2023, 07:44:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree 24.  If we were so enamored with the MAC, MAC football, etc., we would Still be in the MAC!!! Already saw one guru predicting we'll be playing Northern Illinois in some obscure bowl.  Really gets the blood a pumpin, doesn't it!!

Two HERD bowl appearances that were worth my attendance were the old Motor City Bowl against Old Miss back the Chad and Randy days, and a Military Bowl game in Annapolis as we sent Maryland's Terrapins on their Swansong way out of the ACC with a BIG "L"!!!
    With 80 bowl games or what ever the number is of course they are going to be obscure.  Once again if the ncaa had a pair of cajones they would just ad a 13th game to the schedule and get rid of half the bowls.

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2023, 02:19:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With 80 bowl games or what ever the number is of course they are going to be obscure.  Once again if the ncaa had a pair of cajones they would just ad a 13th game to the schedule and get rid of half the bowls.

They don't have to add a game.  Just make FCS not count toward eligibility.  Must win 6 FBS games to be eligible.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2023, 03:17:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Do your homework

Offline herd2win

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2023, 05:49:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I will say is that I have had a blast at our bowls.  Usually in fun cities except Detroit, and I take my family and have a mini vacation. 

The following users thanked this post: luvherd, parshall2marshall, svherd, herdfifteen

Offline herdman22

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2023, 06:34:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw one that had us in the Quick Lane Bowl against Minnesota

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: November 27, 2023, 07:38:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

On the other hand, four of the six wins were bowl teams including Virginia Tech, UAlbany is #5 seed in the FCS Playoffs and we beat ECU at their place, which is something we've never done. I'm not saying it was a good season, but there were some high points which get overlooked.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2023, 07:55:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They don't have to add a game.  Just make FCS not count toward eligibility.  Must win 6 FBS games to be eligible.

Easier option is to eliminate bowl games

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2023, 07:55:38 PM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2023, 08:02:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you don't like bowl games, don't watch or attend

Offline herdman22

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2023, 08:46:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On the other hand, four of the six wins were bowl teams including Virginia Tech, UAlbany is #5 seed in the FCS Playoffs and we beat ECU at their place, which is something we've never done. I'm not saying it was a good season, but there were some high points which get overlooked.
    ECU is the only team we played who finished with a losing record. NC State and JMU are in the Top 25 So, I agree, disappointing season with some lows but also some highs.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2023, 08:48:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe 12 SBC teams are going bowling.  Tough conference.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2023, 08:48:28 PM »