Author Topic: Spears announced?  (Read 2518 times)

Online herdorbust2

Re: Spears announced?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2023, 09:12:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really think if we fall flat on our face like we are looking now, Dan will walk away and do what's right for Marshall. We'll see though. I wish we were plush with cash like A&M but that'll never be the case.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Dang you don't know Dan very good. Dan will never step down unless he is told if he doesn't he will be fired. Why do you think Dan worked so hard getting the power structure in place?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2023, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2023, 09:15:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2023, 09:16:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So each of us make a decision?be miserable coach haters and complainers or Marshall Fans. The decision was made. Support Marshall?empty stadiums and arenas fix nothing!!

And you think filling up stadiums to see the basketball team getting embarrassed and football having trouble scoring a TD most of the season helps? Let's see? Would they more likely make a change with an empty stadium or full ones?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline goherd24

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2023, 09:17:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Dang you don't know Dan very good. Dan will never step down unless he is told if he doesn't he will be fired. Why do you think Dan worked so hard getting the power structure in place?
    I don't believe there is some conspiracy man lol. Dan is well liked in the athletic department, now, this is true. But he is gonna be held to the same expectations. I truly hope he would hold himself to his word, too. But we'll see. Barring some miracle ncaa run and bid, he should not be here next season.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2023, 09:19:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• And you think filling up stadiums to see the basketball team getting embarrassed and football having trouble scoring a TD most of the season helps? Let's see? Would they more likely make a change with an empty stadium or full ones?
    There was no doubt that you would choose miserable. No surprise. Stay at home and complain on message boards and keep calling yourself a Marshall fan. Not sure how that works but you do you.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #30 on: November 25, 2023, 09:20:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This was a bad call by Spears and Smith

We are delaying the inevitable and further driving the football program into the ground bringing this arse clown back

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96, Lord Haw-Haw

Online MUsince96

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2023, 09:28:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The changes Spears speaks of will obviously be a coordinator or both but what kind of new guys can they hope to bring in with a coach in a lame duck season?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, Lord Haw-Haw

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2023, 09:29:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I suspect something will be done they think will excite the fans.  3 years HC should get chance to fire assistants and try change for the better before HC is fired. 

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2023, 09:29:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So each of us make a decision?be miserable coach haters and complainers or Marshall Fans. The decision was made. Support Marshall?empty stadiums and arenas fix nothing!!

so if you owned a FB or BB team & people stopped coming to your games, your business strategy would be to continue charging the same ticket prices, same concession prices, same parking prices, same donor levels for VIP treatment, not make any personnel moves, & trust your "ability" to shame fans into coming back?  fans refusing to patronize your teams wouldn't move you to change anything?? 

i'm not a business man, but i am a consumer, & you aren't going to shame me into supporting a bad product.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2023, 09:30:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The changes Spears speaks of will obviously be a coordinator or both but what kind of new guys can they hope to bring in with a coach in a lame duck season?

I?m thinking people with Herd ties.  Love for MU

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2023, 09:31:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So stay at home. Sounds fun. I think I?ll show up and watch the Herd play.

The following users thanked this post: andy31

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2023, 09:31:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Staff changes?  Who worth a darn is going to leave their current job to come and work for a coach on his final year?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2023, 09:31:27 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2023, 09:32:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gosh I heard it was for certain he was gone a long time ago.

Not sure what we know or don't know after this but starting to know who is full of sh!t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, biggreenarms, ru4mu2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online herd2win

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2023, 09:34:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought he would be back but there should not be any type of extension.

Offline herdman22

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2023, 09:35:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Empty seats only hurts the players and recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2023, 09:48:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The scapegoater-in-chief (Gnarls Gruff) feasts and stuffs himself on his soon to be departed underling (Clint Trickett).

Offline MUonium

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2023, 10:18:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm just glad it's a 4 yr contract.  ok, so Huff has a year to get in done, so be it.
    if we had a war chest for coaches then it would be a mute point to retain coaches who are not playing for championships on a reasonably consistant basis, yet they're above avg overall.  it does have similarities to DD's 1 yr extention 2 yrs ago.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2023, 10:25:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't believe there is some conspiracy man lol. Dan is well liked in the athletic department, now, this is true. But he is gonna be held to the same expectations. I truly hope he would hold himself to his word, too. But we'll see. Barring some miracle ncaa run and bid, he should not be here next season.

Who said conspiracy?  I just the way things are. And you say that now just like when you were pissed after the last 2 losses last year and then you have been tooting his horn ever since. But we will see how you feel after the season.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2023, 10:27:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There was no doubt that you would choose miserable. No surprise. Stay at home and complain on message boards and keep calling yourself a Marshall fan. Not sure how that works but you do you.

Well I'm taking a stand instead of supporting this crap. You should try it instead of promoting the stagnation.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline chris88

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2023, 10:28:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone surprised by this doesn't know how these things usually work.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, HerdEcon

Offline D1

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2023, 10:33:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I am told the changes happened tonight, which is why Spears made the announcement.  Legg, Trickett, Morrison and the WR coach are no longer affiliated with the program.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2023, 10:39:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am told the changes happened tonight, which is why Spears made the announcement.  Legg, Trickett, Morrison and the WR coach are no longer affiliated with the program.

Thats the word on the street

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2023, 10:39:59 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #47 on: November 25, 2023, 10:43:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am told the changes happened tonight, which is why Spears made the announcement.  Legg, Trickett, Morrison and the WR coach are no longer affiliated with the program.

The DC is back?

Lmao

Ffs

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline muherd34

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2023, 10:44:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I suspect something will be done they think will excite the fans.  3 years HC should get chance to fire assistants and try change for the better before HC is fired.

You know, after I calmed down and thought about Huff, this makes the most sense.  Next year looks to be a disaster in every way shape or form.  Might as well pin it on Huff and have a clean break, spend the money in 2025 to find a better coach.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2023, 10:45:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

In his tweet, Spears mentions changes that have been made.
    Is anyone aware of any changes that Huff made in the past week or so?

Spears didn't mince words regarding the results of the season...credit him for that.
    But Spears' post was released seemingly within a millisecond afer the game, meaning that Spears probably had a come to Jesus meeting with Huff prior to this game.

The bit in the tweet regarding "honoring commitments" can be translated into "we can't afford the upfront cash to buy Huff out".

Honestly, this situation is bad. All three seasons there have been deep midseason swoons.

In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2023, 10:45:33 PM »