Author Topic: What was Huff talking about in post game press conference?  (Read 909 times)

Online jdonaccbus

What was Huff talking about in post game press conference?
« on: November 26, 2023, 04:14:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know how many people watched it. It was a weird sequence halfway thru the press conference. He started talking about how smooth MU looked in the 1st quarter. He then talked about how Conner Stallions (he said Stallings) was going on in more places than Michigan. He then referenced again how smooth things were in the 1st half when it came to the offense.

I watched that sequence twice. Was he talking about a team we have been playing recently getting signs? Was he talking about his staff? I am not trying to read too much into it. But I would kind of like to know what he was talking about.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

What was Huff talking about in post game press conference?
    « on: November 26, 2023, 04:14:03 PM »

Offline whf

Re: What was Huff talking about in post game press conference?
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 04:33:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great question, I do believe he was alluding to play calling difficulties in the recent past, but not acknowledging that he was calling the plays today.

The following users thanked this post: jdonaccbus

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 04:34:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great question, I do believe he was alluding to play calling difficulties in the recent past, but not acknowledging that he was calling the plays today.

I think you are right. Am I right to assume he was throwing the departed coaches under the bus? But the Conner Stallions reference was real odd.

It was also a weird way to approach it. It almost made it seem like he felt the departed coaches had sabotaged the offense.

Offline Grazing Marco

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 05:38:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just listened to his postgame presser. Sounded to me like someone had stolen our signals and word had spread. So we switched it up.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 05:42:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone on staff related to other college coaches ??

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 06:39:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know how many people watched it. It was a weird sequence halfway thru the press conference. He started talking about how smooth MU looked in the 1st quarter. He then talked about how Conner Stallions (he said Stallings) was going on in more places than Michigan. He then referenced again how smooth things were in the 1st half when it came to the offense.

I watched that sequence twice. Was he talking about a team we have been playing recently getting signs? Was he talking about his staff? I am not trying to read too much into it. But I would kind of like to know what he was talking about.

Over the last few weeks, it's been a running joke sort of, in our press conferences.  The guy that introduces Huff, has made a joke or had a comment about Michigan's sign stealing before he brings Coach Huff up on stage. 

I'm not explaining what Huff meant.  Just pointing out that the Michigan sign stealing situation has been a hot topic within our athletic department.  I don't know if Huff had a specific point, if he was rambling and it just popped into his mind or if he was saying other Sunbelt teams were doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Napier and his 30 paid analysts weren't doing it at Louisiana.

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 09:59:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone on staff related to other college coaches ??

clint is 2x, but obv he's not on staff anymore

Online s1uggo

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 11:49:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Idk but the rumor has been the OL coach that was fired last year has given our OL calls or other calls to anybody that will listen. Idk if it?s related to that or not

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 12:06:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stevie Wonder would have no trouble at all spotting any of the ?signs? to our 4-5 play we have. 

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 01:32:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over the last few weeks, it's been a running joke sort of, in our press conferences.  The guy that introduces Huff, has made a joke or had a comment about Michigan's sign stealing before he brings Coach Huff up on stage. 

I'm not explaining what Huff meant.  Just pointing out that the Michigan sign stealing situation has been a hot topic within our athletic department.  I don't know if Huff had a specific point, if he was rambling and it just popped into his mind or if he was saying other Sunbelt teams were doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Napier and his 30 paid analysts weren't doing it at Louisiana.

Heck maybe its richrod sneaking around stealing signs and filming practices like they did when MS was coach. He might think the Herd will be in a bowl against them. Funny Michigan made headlines with the sign stuff with Big 10 coaching saying they have been doing it for years. What year was richrod hired at Ann Habor;
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 02:02:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe our new offensive coaches will already know our signals.  They don't have to learn our system, they already know it.  I'm not sure whether that would be a positive or a negative.

Online tomv

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 02:46:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I interpreted it as AState had figured out our signals for the second half.

This whole sign stealing can be easily solved with an NFL style communication system.  Don't see any reason why this can't be done at the FBS level. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 02:46:18 PM »