Author Topic: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal  (Read 2520 times)

Offline herdfan429

Re: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2023, 07:14:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She sums up my thoughts on the topic for years!

Thanks Mr Fancher

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2023, 07:14:56 PM »

Offline herdly4

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2023, 07:42:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Totally agree with your assessment BBCard

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

Hmmm. So we can only allow positive unicorn fluff?  I don?t agree with personal attacks  but to question  decision making, accuracy and play calling on a message board is a part of the game. Marshall fans are no better or worse than any other fans. Get over yourself.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2023, 08:02:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish him luck.  Now let?s find a Qb that can throw more TDs than turnovers.
    We need a Qb who can give us at least +10

20 Tds
    10 int

Haven?t had that since maybe Litton

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline mu1995

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2023, 08:18:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A few have alluded to other teams and their fans/message boards.  Everything needs to be placed in context with what occurs at most schools. 

First example, check out the Virginia Tech message boards, particularly early in this season.  Check out the comments on Grant Wells and you will find they were equally or perhaps more critical on their fan sites.

NC State is another good example from this year.  The transfer Brennan Armstring played their first several games, but had poor performances.  I have a friend who is a long term NC State fan who is pretty connected.  He shared that after the first three games that he was booed when he came on to the field, that flyers went up all over NC State campus to place Brennan back in the portal, etc.  He was benched three games.  Made a minor appearance against us and any herd fans in the stadium can attest to the boos. The positive is Brennan used this to motivate him and came back and led them to a pretty good season.

Look at the Alabama board any year they don't make the playoffs or compete for the SEC title.  They question specific players attitudes, heart, and you will even find old posts saying Saban might be done.

WVU fans threatened a kicker who missed to the point his family feared for his safety.  Granted, that is top level craziness and criminal to boot.  From some comments about our fans you would think we had an environment like that.

Do we see some posts that go a step to far at times? I would say yes.  Are we any different or worse than any other FBS programs? Absolutely not.  Many are far worse.

Finally, all these board are on the internet.  Personally I think this Board has better moderation and control than many other team boards out there.  But, there is no verification on who is posting and whether they are an actual Marshall fan or someone stirring a pot.  Anyone who takes an anonymous message board to the point of being depressed needs some help with perspective and reality.

The only real problem with Marshall athletics involves some consistent and repeated poor coaching hires. This situation is being caused by one of those poor hires who either did not think or intentionally blew this up.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:45:28 PM by mu1995 »
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

The following users thanked this post: herd33, HerdEcon, Echo 5, herdfan129

Offline goherd24

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2023, 08:19:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he's gone now you can stop blathering on about him.  not really interested in your talent evaluation either.
    Eh, not really interested in your opinion much, don't like mine? Keep scrollin. My talent evaluation worked out pretty well there. When we were 4-0 and you and others were all googly eyed, i told you where this season was headed.

Fancher will land with an FCS team. There is some more talent evaluation for ya.

I offer my opinions, like everyone else. I often read your opinions and I don't feel the need to go out of the way usually to even respond, wish you'd do the same and we'll get along better.

99% of this situation is Huffs fault. He hates Huntington. Hates our fans, and their expectatioms for him to win. He needs to move on.
    Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:30:23 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herd33, miltonherdfan, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline elginherd

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2023, 08:39:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Eh, not really interested in your opinion much, don't like mine? Keep scrollin. My talent evaluation worked out pretty well there. When we were 4-0 and you and others were all googly eyed, i told you where this season was headed.

Fancher will land with an FCS team. There is some more talent evaluation for ya.

I offer my opinions, like everyone else. I often read your opinions and I don't feel the need to go out of the way usually to even respond, wish you'd do the same and we'll get along better.

99% of this situation is Huffs fault. He hates Huntington. Hates our fans, and their expectatioms for him to win. He needs to move on.

As a starting QB at a good FCS program?
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2023, 08:48:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a starting QB at a good FCS program?
    I don't think so, lol. But we'll see. Somewhere where they want a guy to run more than throw. Now if he decides to give up QB, he could go be a WR I think at many FBS programs.

Online herdloyal

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2023, 09:54:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next up Cole Pennington

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2023, 10:04:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?d like to see each QB on roster get at least a quarter in bowl game

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, miltonherdfan

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2023, 11:21:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bottom line is that he is leaving a starting position at am FBS school.  Certainly not for more NIL money, doesn't seem that type and wherever he lands he will probably get less.  There is a cancer festering in the program.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #85 on: December 06, 2023, 11:32:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bottom line is that he is leaving a starting position at am FBS school.  Certainly not for more NIL money, doesn't seem that type and wherever he lands he will probably get less.  There is a cancer festering in the program.

You are correct about a cancer:

Huff

Fire his arse

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline svherd

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2023, 08:06:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems like our program is good at attracting cancers. Litton, Huff, who else?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2023, 08:06:54 AM »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2023, 08:34:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/cassidywoodtv/status/1732448109655990499?s=46&t=hSIGaYJTsuXJaCVLTtlPrQ

She talks about how it effected HER, not Cam. As far as we know, Cam didn't see that stuff, did anyone think to look and see if he's part of that FB group?
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #88 on: December 07, 2023, 12:09:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She talks about how it effected HER, not Cam. As far as we know, Cam didn't see that stuff, did anyone think to look and see if he's part of that FB group?

I know His dad, mom and sister are in the group.  I never saw Cam.  The dad would get on there and try to be positive and he did some defending of his son.  I felt bad because people are arrogant and nasty when they can speak anonymously.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2023, 12:32:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know His dad, mom and sister are in the group.  I never saw Cam.  The dad would get on there and try to be positive and he did some defending of his son.  I felt bad because people are arrogant and nasty when they can speak anonymously.

I left two Marshall FB groups and an SBC FB group two years ago because of the complete morons posting on there.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline whf

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2023, 02:38:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think folks overrate the input and comments on social media.  Most semi-intelligent people know that only negative shix comes from it 90% of the time, it is a place to hide and comment, not to be held accountable, and never have to prove your contentions. Further, most also know that 90% of fans aren't on social media talking about players, and games. They go on with their lives and leave decision making / evaluation up to those who get paid for it.  And finally, almost everyone realizes it is opinion, not fact based. 

Yet we have let the issue fall from fans not approving of a players performance to his coach telling the world that the fans "hate" him and he is miserable here.  First of all, the word "hate" is the poorest possible word to use about how one you don't know feels.  Second, the word "fans" is inclusive and indicates a majority or plurality of people who call themselves fans, also people you don't know. 

Huff is the issue in all this, let's not let ourselves get distracted to see it any other way. 

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, Herdalum94

HerdFans.com

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2023, 02:38:32 PM »