Author Topic: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal  (Read 2528 times)

Offline puma

Re: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 01:36:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To where?

Hampton?

Lmao

Fantasy Leagues, Madden...?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 01:36:10 PM »

Online elginherd

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 01:51:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff actually said the fans hate Cam? That's pretty bad. Even if that was true for the entire fans base, and it's not; why would he say that? Huff isn't winning any PR awards.

I can understand what and how Coach Respect Opponent's Coach could believe this.

We don't hate Cam, Huff, Trickett or Legg personally.
    We just hate the offensive product on the field for the majority of the past 3 years under these coaches, especially after the 'excitement' generated by most of Coach Holliday's tenure here.

Doc was replaced precisely for the lack of offense. And a fight or two, of course.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, svherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 01:55:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff actually said the fans hate Cam? That's pretty bad. Even if that was true for the entire fans base, and it's not; why would he say that? Huff isn't winning any PR awards.

He's saying what Cam felt and why he was miserable.  Don't blame him one bit.

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline whf

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 01:59:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's saying what Cam felt and why he was miserable.  Don't blame him one bit.
    He didn't say it the way you are restating it.  He said "and the fans hate him", He didn't say that he feels like the fans hate him.

Huff is supposed to be smarter than these comments.  And everyone is playing down the beginning of his comment about there not being a lot of NIL money, that is the real issue IMHO.  By the way, if CAM had played like he did in the the ArkState game, he wouldn't have had the fan disdain he truly did encounter.  He played like he had something to prove, and he proved it. He should have played every game that way.

I'm also thinking that it will be hard for MU to attract quarterbacks with a Pennington on the team who also plays quarterback. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2023, 02:00:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wouldn't a new HC want to pick his own OC though?

definitely.  so i think the doege hire kinda dismisses the theory that spears is keeping CH thinking he's gonna get a buyout check from another school to take him away.  IF that happens, i'd say spears will be as shocked as anybody.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2023, 02:05:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys are going to be surprised to see Cam do well in another environment.  My thought on him transferring is that he know something that we don't.  No new OC in his right mind would come in here without having a QB and some other components in mind to charge up a stagnate offense.  Cam probably knows that he is going to have some additional competition coming in.   

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, ABSHERD

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2023, 02:39:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a rule, a lot of our fan base is pretty bad. I think Coach Huff could have played it differently all along the line with Fancher, but mostly I hate that the young man had a bad experience at the university. The timing of him entering the portal is just what we deserve. Honestly, I think our football program is in danger of dying an I think the "fans" are doing as much as anyone to kill it.
    Totally agree with your assessment BBCard

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2023, 02:42:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Totally agree with your assessment BBCard

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

I agree as well. 
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Skidude

Offline JeremyBlake23

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He knows he is gone next year, rather fired or hired else where, so he doesn't give a %^&*.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2023, 02:45:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's saying what Cam felt and why he was miserable.  Don't blame him one bit.

did our fans want to hate on him all year in the stands, in person, on facebook, twitter, message boards for his friends and family to observe and not be called out??? 

hey, if you want to be a D1 fan, you have to be able to handle being called out for your belligerent behavior, right?  just like a QB has to be able to take it.

I find it hilaroius our fans would react with "he's blaming the fans"

Oh well. I hope Huff is gone soon and really don't care what happens.  we get what we deserve for sure.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2023, 02:52:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck to Cam.  Hopefully he lands somewhere that the HC doesn't use him as a pawn to prove he is right.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, HerdEcon

Offline puma

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2023, 02:57:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • did our fans want to hate on him all year in the stands, in person, on facebook, twitter, message boards for his friends and family to observe and not be called out??? 

hey, if you want to be a D1 fan, you have to be able to handle being called out for your belligerent behavior, right?  just like a QB has to be able to take it.

I find it hilaroius our fans would react with "he's blaming the fans"

Oh well. I hope Huff is gone soon and really don't care what happens.  we get what we deserve for sure.

Who can forget these gems?

Topic: Disgusting
    Huff disrespects Seniors by sending out his pet as sole captain.
    https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?topic=117233.0

Topic: Fancher is Trash
    https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?topic=116266.0

The whole "nobody hates Fancher" thing is from an alternate reality. And they were honestly kind of tame compared to Facebook and Twitter.

I guess on the plus side, maybe we'll get a new HC in the off season after all. I'm sure Brad is fully aware of all of this.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2023, 02:57:24 PM »

Offline andy31

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2023, 03:02:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck to Cam.  Hopefully he lands somewhere that the HC doesn't use him as a pawn to prove he is right.

He wasn't used like that here.  It's unfortunate we didn't have better, but he was the best QB we had this year.  He was used because he gave us the best shot to win.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline ABSHERD

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2023, 03:07:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is 100% correct! When fans are messaging players hate messages and constantly demoralizing them who would want to stay. I personally know of 2 highly rated recruits that wanted to come here until they started seeing all of the negativity towards players and coaches. Its fine to have an opinon on a player but to constantly put them down on social media is not right...you dont think recruits look at this stuff before committing. They definitely do. And why would they want to come or stay here when they can go to a school that actually supports them. Watch out for a few more to enter portal very soon.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, biggreenarms

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2023, 03:14:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who can forget these gems?

Topic: Disgusting
    Huff disrespects Seniors by sending out his pet as sole captain.
    https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?topic=117233.0

Topic: Fancher is Trash
    https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?topic=116266.0

The whole "nobody hates Fancher" thing is from an alternate reality. And they were honestly kind of tame compared to Facebook and Twitter.

I guess on the plus side, maybe we'll get a new HC in the off season after all. I'm sure Brad is fully aware of all of this.

very disappointed in that.  probably should consider new forum rules if the adults here can't frame up criticism in another manner.  one of those threads was like the first week of September.  gee wiz
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, biggreenarms

Offline whf

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2023, 03:41:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is 100% correct! When fans are messaging players hate messages and constantly demoralizing them who would want to stay. I personally know of 2 highly rated recruits that wanted to come here until they started seeing all of the negativity towards players and coaches. Its fine to have an opinon on a player but to constantly put them down on social media is not right...you dont think recruits look at this stuff before committing. They definitely do. And why would they want to come or stay here when they can go to a school that actually supports them. Watch out for a few more to enter portal very soon.
    Who are these two recruits?  Have they also never seen all the love that fans show players here historically?

Offline Collis P

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2023, 03:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Ask Porter if the fans have changed since he came here!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: ABSHERD

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2023, 03:53:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This from Cam Fancher's mother , April Fancher

As Cameron?s mother, I can tell you right now that these things were never said. He has never said he was miserable, EVER! He doesn?t get on these fan groups so I don?t know where this is all coming from but putting words in his mouth is not a good look. He is a very humble and loyal person and this was an extremely hard decision for him to make! He dedicated these three years at Marshall to his studies, his work ethic, and his team, and I am outraged that this was even said! Coming from a coach and supposed mentor this is appalling. Cam and our entire family showed so much support and love for this university and never would I have thought that his own coach would make up his own poor rhetoric!
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 03:55:31 PM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, Buffalo Bop, HerdEcon, GreenDaddy, puma

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #43 on: December 06, 2023, 03:54:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So here is the deal, people that are fans as in fanatics are fanatical

fa?nat?ic
    noun
    plural noun: fanatics
    a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
    "religious fanatics"

It is certainly not exclusive to Marshall, but we can be pretty bad and pretty nasty and the worst thing we do is vent our frustrations and anger during a bad game and directly afterwards on social media and I'd say 70% of us do it.  Some guys have gotten a lot better and more chilled out and some are worse.

So what do we do about it.  Three things

Shut this board down and delete the Facebook group

Kick out the extremely negative people or suspend them

Shut the board down 24 hours after a loss that is the peak of emotions and most fans will regain their rationality after they sleep.

I would also point out that all the coaches should have regular teaching sessions for players to stay away from fans sites nothing good comes from it.

Offline ABSHERD

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2023, 03:55:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who are these two recruits?  Have they also never seen all the love that fans show players here historically?

I'm not name dropping anyone because I know them and no these recruits know nothing about Marshall except what they hear from players or social media when they visit and alot of players do not talk highly about the fanbase which is very unfortunate.

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #45 on: December 06, 2023, 04:00:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually I thought of a better one. 

Get rid of the free board, charge a 100 a year and wolf you give 50 to Marshall's Nil, that will weed out the trolls and keep them from just making a new user name 5 times and it will keep the public from reading our posts.

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2023, 04:01:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This from Cam Fancher's mother , April Fancher

As Cameron?s mother, I can tell you right now that these things were never said. He has never said he was miserable, EVER! He doesn?t get on these fan groups so I don?t know where this is all coming from but putting words in his mouth is not a good look. He is a very humble and loyal person and this was an extremely hard decision for him to make! He dedicated these three years at Marshall to his studies, his work ethic, and his team, and I am outraged that this was even said! Coming from a coach and supposed mentor this is appalling. Cam and our entire family showed so much support and love for this university and never would I have thought that his own coach would make up his own poor rhetoric!

Wow! If this is true, he needs fired asap. Was this on Twitter?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2023, 04:01:10 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2023, 04:06:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Wow! If this is true, he needs fired asap. Was this on Twitter?

No it was on Facebook, Herd fans.

The following users thanked this post: MidlandKnight

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2023, 04:07:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not name dropping anyone because I know them and no these recruits know nothing about Marshall except what they hear from players or social media when they visit and alot of players do not talk highly about the fanbase which is very unfortunate.

ooookaayyyyy then.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Online MUsince96

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2023, 04:09:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The plot thickens.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2023, 04:09:00 PM »