Author Topic: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal  (Read 2529 times)

Offline whf

Re: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2023, 04:10:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not name dropping anyone because I know them and no these recruits know nothing about Marshall except what they hear from players or social media when they visit and alot of players do not talk highly about the fanbase which is very unfortunate.
    Man, if you know that other players are down-talking the fans when potential recruits visit, you should be reporting this to the program leaders.  Marshall and Huntington are no worse than anywhere else. 

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, HerdEcon, MUonium

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2023, 04:10:53 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2023, 04:13:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe we can fire Huff for cause now.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUsince96, MUonium, Herdalum94

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2023, 04:16:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man, if you know that other players are down-talking the fans when potential recruits visit, you should be reporting this to the program leaders.  Marshall and Huntington are no worse than anywhere else.

Yeah, this whole "Marshall fans are mean to players" is totally blown out of proportion. If true, these kids will be highly disappointed when they go anywhere else that actually have a fanbase. I am tired of hearing how awful Marshall fans are.

The most heat dealed out this year was clearly aimed at the coaching staff and the coaching staff alone.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, whf, MUinDE, HerdEcon, herdly4, miltonherdfan, HoPPy785, Herdalum94

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The players are just repeating things they hear the coaching staff say. They think Marshall fans are bad and Huntington sucks because they hear it from the coaching staff.

Fancher did take some heat, some of it unfairly. But, that's the nature of the QB position. He also got a lot of praise that was undue too (when he was 9-1 as a starter) that's also part of the position. You have to take the good with the bad.

Most of the worst comments and the abundance of the frustration was aimed at the staff. Which, makes sense that the staff would want to redirect that back to the fan base, so they don't have to face any of the heat themselves.

Huff is a joke and this is the latest comment in a long line of comments that put Marshall and it's community down. I'm done with Huff. He can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:05:33 PM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, MUinDE, herdfan129

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2023, 04:31:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This from Cam Fancher's mother , April Fancher

As Cameron?s mother, I can tell you right now that these things were never said. He has never said he was miserable, EVER! He doesn?t get on these fan groups so I don?t know where this is all coming from but putting words in his mouth is not a good look. He is a very humble and loyal person and this was an extremely hard decision for him to make! He dedicated these three years at Marshall to his studies, his work ethic, and his team, and I am outraged that this was even said! Coming from a coach and supposed mentor this is appalling. Cam and our entire family showed so much support and love for this university and never would I have thought that his own coach would make up his own poor rhetoric!

Wow.....thanks for sharing that E-Man. That's an eye opener for sure.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2023, 04:37:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HerdEcon

Offline svherd

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2023, 04:41:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff lied? He's spinning to make himself look good. He's killed his reputation and our school.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, whf

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2023, 04:53:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought Cam was a great player for us. He literally gave it all. I can?t remember which home game where he threw a pic, or fumbled, but he sold out and ran the guy down tackling him inside the 10 yard line.

I think he had heart and grit. Maybe he is a good QB in another system, but for us, in the time he was here, he was not a good QB. Was he the best we had, seems so, but that doesn?t mean he was good.

I wish him luck wherever he goes and don?t blame him for transferring for a fresh start.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2023, 05:00:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Wow!  This is just sad all around.  I really liked Huff as a representative of Marshall.  I don't believe he will be able to talk his way out of this one.  Fabricating a story to make the fan base look bad.  Not a good lock for him and the entire Marshall community.  I guess i have been taken by a snake oil salesmen!  Not sure i can ever trust anything that would ever come out of his mouth now.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2023, 05:05:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought Cam was a great player for us. He literally gave it all. I can?t remember which home game where he threw a pic, or fumbled, but he sold out and ran the guy down tackling him inside the 10 yard line.

I think he had heart and grit. Maybe he is a good QB in another system, but for us, in the time he was here, he was not a good QB. Was he the best we had, seems so, but that doesn?t mean he was good.

I wish him luck wherever he goes and don?t blame him for transferring for a fresh start.

You write ?. he was a great player for us
    Then you type ? maybe he is a good QB but not for us
    Are you running a high fever

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2023, 05:06:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Not saying you are wrong, but a bad offensive line and having banged up ribs didn't help his progression.  I do believe he will be a good QB somewhere.  My biggest concern with him was always that he needed more meat on his bones.  Anyway, i wish him the best.  We would be smart to try to get him to stay if possible.   
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:09:05 PM by saherdfan »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2023, 05:16:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You write ?. he was a great player for us
    Then you type ? maybe he is a good QB but not for us
    Are you running a high fever

Someone can be a good player, but not good at their position. I think Cam has the intangibles that make someone a good football player.

I think he lacks the intangibles to make him a good QB.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2023, 05:16:00 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2023, 05:18:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I?m not a Huff fan, but in his defense, Cam?s sister has also commented/posted and seems to back up the claims Huff made.

Either way, this is all on Huff. You don?t air your dirty laundry in public. I hate this for everyone involved, including Cam and his family.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, MUinDE, HerdEcon

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2023, 05:21:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope it works out for Cam and he finds a place to succeed.
    I hope it works for us and we find the QB we need.

I have no idea what to think of Huff saying these things to the media. Its certainly not professional.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline BuckHerd

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe we can fire Huff for cause now.
    Yes! Without the $775 payout.

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2023, 06:04:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m not a Huff fan, but in his defense, Cam?s sister has also commented/posted and seems to back up the claims Huff made.

Either way, this is all on Huff. You don?t air your dirty laundry in public. I hate this for everyone involved, including Cam and his family.

Where is the link?

Offline herd2win

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2023, 06:06:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At a minimum Huff is stupid.  He does not want to be in Huntington as multiple times things come out of his mouth to prove that.  I would hope he gets let go now.

Look at the difference when someone wants to be at MU.  Brad Smith, worth almost a billion dollars came to MU and is making Marshall and Huntington better.  Huff cannot recover from this latest debacle.

Offline herdfan129

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline Johns1124

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2023, 06:37:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff needs fired!  This is a firing with cause which means he forfeits any buyout.  Time to go coach shopping.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Herdalum94

Offline muherd34

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2023, 06:42:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She sums up my thoughts on the topic for years!

Well someone is lying here.  Either Huff, Sister or the mom.  Or there is a little but of truth in all of it.  Either way Huff needs fired immediately for trying to sabotage our program right before NSD.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon, herdfan129

Offline svherd

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2023, 06:44:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have seen some of the posts from those who belong to the Herd Fans Facebook group. Those people are brutal, a few bordering on psychotic.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2023, 06:44:14 PM »

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2023, 06:52:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I only went to 2 games and I never heard anyone booing Fancher where I was sitting.

I guess maybe it helped that he played pretty good in both (VT and Ark. St.)

Online MUsince96

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2023, 07:00:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well someone is lying here.  Either Huff, Sister or the mom.  Or there is a little but of truth in all of it.  Either way Huff needs fired immediately for trying to sabotage our program right before NSD.

Sister said what she read and how it made her feel.

There's no doubt some fans go over board. But that doesn't mean Cam read it all like his sister.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:03:05 PM by MUsince96 »

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, gochneaur645

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2023, 07:03:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fire the @#*^! now!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2023, 07:03:56 PM »