Author Topic: Updated Women's BB NET and Attendance Figures  (Read 1282 times)

Online chris88

Updated Women's BB NET and Attendance Figures
« on: March 02, 2024, 09:18:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • - NET up to #78.  If we were to win tourney that would likely mean solid at a 13 seed with a chance for a 12. Marshall is 14-3 vs teams in top 149. MU has basically not shot at NCAA at large.  There are 20+ teams not projected to make NCAA tourney ahead of MU in NET ranking from bigger leagues. However, by virtue of the regular season championship MU is guaranteed a spot in WBIT.

- Average attendance finished season at 1,822 pg (vs 784 I think last year) which ranks #92 nationally out of 360 teams. Since Feb. 1, women have averaged 2,724 which, if this was the season average it would rank #61 just ahead of Duke and JMU and would be #1 in SBC. So Kudos to the team and fanbase!

- Let's win the tourney and go dancing! I can assure you nobody will want to play this team in round 1.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 09:54:44 AM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

Updated Women's BB NET and Attendance Figures
    « on: March 02, 2024, 09:18:14 AM »

Offline herdman22

Re: Updated Women's BB NET and Attendance Figures
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 09:35:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And this us just the beginning. I do wish we had another year with Abby and Breanna. But, I can't wait to see what the future holds. I hope next year they move their games to 7:00. Attendance is only going to get better and better with the way her teams play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88

Online svherd

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 09:38:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Replacing those two will be a huge test for Kim and Staff. Wonder what the cost of a game ticket will be next year. Surely Marshall will raise it to $10 or more. $5 is a bargain.

Bright future ahead!!!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, HerdEcon, Collis P, MUonium

Offline whf

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 09:48:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Replacing those two will be a huge test for Kim and Staff. Wonder what the cost of a game ticket will be next year. Surely Marshall will raise it to $10 or more. $5 is a bargain.

Bright future ahead!!!
    Tickets may go up a bit, but I think they really like the attendance numbers and will protect attendance over income for a couple years.  They need those butts in the seats to assist in recruiting, to continue the run they're experiencing.

We need to remember that Coach Cadwell isn't inexperienced at tourney play, that is something she brings into the system that we seldom find in a Head Coach.  She, Grassie, and Beal have it, DD and Huff do not.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfan129

Offline Collis P

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 09:54:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And this us just the beginning. I do wish we had another year with Abby and Breanna. But, I can't wait to see what the future holds. I hope next year they move their games to 7:00. Attendance is only going to get better and better with the way her teams play.

Marshall needs to get Corporate funding/seats.......     Hugh difference with Men's team!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, Flat Tire 2, elginherd

Offline Collis P

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 09:57:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is Coach Caldwell's salary
    S M I L E -

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 10:44:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope they can get out of the 14th seed.  The ESPN projection now have them playing UCONN at UCONN.  No other number three seed strikes the fear of playing a Connecticut team at their place.

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 10:56:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is Coach Caldwell's salary

I've seen published reports of both $200k and $220k.  If true, I'm sure that is a base without including any bonuses.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Offline MUther

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 11:28:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Double the ticket price and pay her the difference.  She's earned it and it costs the school nothing.  Still a good deal for the fans.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 12:25:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hope they close it out in Pensacola.

Offline Daherdboy

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 12:58:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope they have built in bonuses in Kim's contract for winning the conference regular season, the conference tournament, making the NCAA tournament or the WNIT and winning games in each.
    Also, having bonuses for the assistants too.
    Retired 10 years early to follow Herd sports.
    Those 10 years have been marvelous.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, herdfan93, parshall2marshall

Offline whf

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2024, 02:38:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the majority of you are thinking about the WBIT, the next level down NCAA event from the NCAA Tourney. In women's ball, I believe the WNIT is an independent event, not sanctioned or supported by the NCAA; and gets teams left out of both the NCAA and WBIT.  Of course, if anyone knows more or finds I'm incorrect, I'd love to be updated; just looked this all up earlier this week.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2024, 02:38:09 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2024, 03:47:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall needs to get Corporate funding/seats.......     Hugh difference with Men's team!

I sort of agree, as long as the best seats remain GA. Even during the good seasons, the atmosphere for the men hasn't been all that good because those corporate seats are often unoccupied.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, luckytoes99

Online svherd

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2024, 03:50:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I sort of agree, as long as the best seats remain GA. Even during the good seasons, the atmosphere for the men hasn't been all that good because those corporate seats are often unoccupied.

Agree. Leave all seats general admission. Unless we become a UConn or South Carolina type program.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2024, 05:16:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've seen published reports of both $200k and $220k.  If true, I'm sure that is a base without including any bonuses.
    That's a huge pay increase for her. I read somewhere that at Glenville she was only making around $35,000. I know that was D-II, but I didn't realize there was such a gap between divisions in salary until
    I read that.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2024, 07:43:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • - NET up to #78.  If we were to win tourney that would likely mean solid at a 13 seed with a chance for a 12.

Great info beyond basically what I had posted not long ago - that if we win the tnmt. we should be a very strong candidate for a 13-seed. Would be wonderful to get a 12 and give us a real good chance to win one. We would have literally almost no chance as a 14-seed. I believe it was you that posted a lot depends on the number of conference tnmt. upsets.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2024, 08:25:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great info beyond basically what I had posted not long ago - that if we win the tnmt. we should be a very strong candidate for a 13-seed. Would be wonderful to get a 12 and give us a real good chance to win one. We would have literally almost no chance as a 14-seed. I believe it was you that posted a lot depends on the number of conference tnmt. upsets.

Yes, playing as a 14th seed would be very difficult.  Right now, we are projected by ESPN to be a 14th seed playing at UCONN on their home court.  That's a very tough ask!  We were slotted earlier as a 13th seed playing Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, which would be a winnable game. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2024, 09:01:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's a huge pay increase for her. I read somewhere that at Glenville she was only making around $35,000. I know that was D-II, but I didn't realize there was such a gap between divisions in salary until
    I read that.

She made almost $140 K.

https://openpayrolls.com/rank/highest-paid-employees/glenville-state-university

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, chris88

Online chris88

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2024, 09:52:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the majority of you are thinking about the WBIT, the next level down NCAA event from the NCAA Tourney. In women's ball, I believe the WNIT is an independent event, not sanctioned or supported by the NCAA; and gets teams left out of both the NCAA and WBIT.  Of course, if anyone knows more or finds I'm incorrect, I'd love to be updated; just looked this all up earlier this week.

That is exactly right. Thanks for the clarification. I was wrongly assuming the new WBIT was behind the selections of WNIT. As you state, it is actually ahead of WNIT. That awesome for Marshall as it means as regular season conference winner MU is guaranteed a slot in WBIT. The first four out of NCAA tourney get top 4 seeds in WBIT. They will have 32 teams in all. The WNIT, if I read correctly, will have 48 teams. So 148 of 360 teams will have a postseason slot. I will change the above post to reflect that. Thanks again. 

Btw no way, if we win tourney, will we be a 14th seed imo. We have better NET than 13 projected conf champions now and we are close on the heels of two more and our league ranks way better than most of those teams...which means we have more room to gain in tourney than they do. Plus if 3-4 other leagues have upsets to top seed in conf tourney we would likely jump those leagues as well.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2024, 10:22:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to go all in on Kim like we did Grassie. Give her a pay raise, give her more resources, and let?s grow this program in to a national title contender as well as a revenue producing sport.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2024, 10:27:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've seen published reports of both $200k and $220k.  If true, I'm sure that is a base without including any bonuses.

My understanding is her total package is $275K. As far as the details of how much is base, Big Green, bonuses I have not heard. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2024, 04:42:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watched some of Tennessee and South Carolina play today.  They are just in a different stratosphere.  I know both could beat some small school men's teams without a doubt.  Big strong and quick.

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2024, 04:42:52 PM »

Offline Herdkrush

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2024, 05:09:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, playing as a 14th seed would be very difficult.  Right now, we are projected by ESPN to be a 14th seed playing at UCONN on their home court.  That's a very tough ask!  We were slotted earlier as a 13th seed playing Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, which would be a winnable game.
    I think UConn has several injuries to their team. They are not as good as as they usually are . I think it would be awesome to go up there and shock the world!

Online 2xBison

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2024, 05:23:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watched some of Tennessee and South Carolina play today.  They are just in a different stratosphere.  I know both could beat some small school men's teams without a doubt.  Big strong and quick.

TRS
    MU 71
    I'd go out on a limb and say there is a lot of doubt.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2024, 09:42:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Appy State handed AR ST a 7-point loss on the latter's Senior Night, however AR State was without the services of all-everything Izzy Higginbottom. I expect them to get past GA ST and be our expected opponent Friday morning.
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 10:35:31 AM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2024, 09:42:06 PM »