Author Topic: Dan D'Antoni Weekly Press Conference (Pre-SBC Tournament)  (Read 1026 times)

Online GoHerd35

Dan D'Antoni Weekly Press Conference (Pre-SBC Tournament)
« on: March 04, 2024, 02:44:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

Dan D'Antoni Weekly Press Conference (Pre-SBC Tournament)
    « on: March 04, 2024, 02:44:43 PM »

Online herd2win

Re: Dan D'Antoni Weekly Press Conference (Pre-SBC Tournament)
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 03:23:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Clearly coming back, I guess winning is not how we are going to measure men's basketball success at MU, below is our new measuring stick...

1)  which players can be the loudest cheer squad at soccer games.
    2)  where we rank academically (important but not a driver for sports)
    3)  having fun on the beach in Florida whether you win or lose.
    4)  getting along as a team
    5)  selling out the last home game at a reduced capacity gym

If we do some of these things and by chance can win then great.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, MUfan08, svherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Collis P

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 03:29:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Clearly coming back, I guess winning is not how we are going to measure men's basketball success at MU, below is our new measuring stick...

1)  which players can be the loudest cheer squad at soccer games.
    2)  where we rank academically (important but not a driver for sports)
    3)  having fun on the beach in Florida whether you win or lose.
    4)  getting along as a team
    5)  selling out the last home game at a reduced capacity gym

If we do some of these things and by chance can win then great.

And Zero players on any of the SBC 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team..................   SAD!!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 03:30:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Starts off with that cocky know it all smile and saying it was a tough season. But boy he seems so happy doesn't he? But but coach, you said this was the fastest and best shooting team yet didn't you? When you can sit there after losing 8 in a row and grin from ear to ear then you need to be fired immediately because you have lost touch with reality. At this point it's all about him and his old age hobby.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online svherd

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 03:31:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hate to say it, but if I am Martin and Obinna, I am looking for another school. Knowing we aren't serious about winning.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, DC01HERD, ru4mu2, ed swain, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 03:38:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was sad to watch. Dan doesn't seem to care and I guess the powers in Old Main agrees if Dan is not fired. Dan did make another pointed statement about the "real" MU fans. Dan is overtaking Huff as the biggest jerk in the athletic department. Huff has improved his comments and Dan is getting worse about the MU fan base.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 03:39:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hate to say it, but if I am Martin and Obinna, I am looking for another school. Knowing we aren't serious about winning.
    I agree.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 03:40:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was sad to watch. Dan doesn't seem to care and I guess the powers in Old Main agrees if Dan is not fired. Dan did make another pointed statement about the "real" MU fans. Dan is overtaking Huff as the biggest jerk in the athletic department. Huff has improved his comments and Dan is getting worse about the MU fan base.
    Got to reflect his poor coaching onto someone besides himself. Make others look bad hoping the focus will go somewhere else. Problem is, I don't think there are as many fans in his camp as there once was.

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 04:03:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully he's fired before midnight on Thursday.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Rockin Herd Fan, herdorbust2

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 04:14:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is there anything ATHLETICALLY that has ORIGINATED since smith has been pres that would indicate he's serious about having winning athletic programs?

the baseball stadium was already in the works before he took office

if you like Huff?, he was hired pre-smith; if you aren't a Huff fan...well, he's still here

Grassie was already here

DD has been given 2 extensions since smith's been here (DD is 40-41 since smith took ofc Jan '22)

i'd like to give him some credit for Caldwell, but it's hard to take his involvement in the process seriously when he referred to her prior stent at glenville as "I-AA" in her intro presser

hired spears

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, herdfifteen, herdorbust2

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2024, 04:20:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This guy is totally delusional. Fire him!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, Lord Haw-Haw

Online svherd

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 04:26:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is there anything ATHLETICALLY that has ORIGINATED since smith has been pres that would indicate he's serious about having winning athletic programs?

the baseball stadium was already in the works before he took office

if you like Huff?, he was hired pre-smith; if you aren't a Huff fan...well, he's still here

Grassie was already here

DD has been given 2 extensions since smith's been here (DD is 40-41 since smith took ofc Jan '22)

i'd like to give him some credit for Caldwell, but it's hard to take his involvement in the process seriously when he referred to her prior stent at glenville as "I-AA" in her intro presser

hired spears

He's been here, what 2 years? He inherited a mess academically/budget, so I'll give him a pass. Frankly, other than football and basketball, our sports and facilities are trending way up. Now, whether Smith has a hand in it, we don't know. But i am sure he recognizes the need for our athletic programs to do well. jmho

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Always THE HERD, luckytoes99

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 04:26:09 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: March 04, 2024, 05:02:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's been here, what 2 years? He inherited a mess academically/budget, so I'll give him a pass. Frankly, other than football and basketball, our sports and facilities are trending way up. Now, whether Smith has a hand in it, we don't know. But i am sure he recognizes the need for our athletic programs to do well. jmho

Smith has done a great job overall at Marshall

Having said that, we have to step up our game in our two $$$ sports

Both basketball and football need new coaches ASAP

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline ed swain

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2024, 05:17:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At least Huff is making an effort to recruit from DD!

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2024, 05:23:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's been here, what 2 years? He inherited a mess academically/budget, so I'll give him a pass. Frankly, other than football and basketball, our sports and facilities are trending way up. Now, whether Smith has a hand in it, we don't know. But i am sure he recognizes the need for our athletic programs to do well. jmho

I think everyone should wait on all out praise on Smith until he proves more. People want to get behind him and he still has a lot to prove. He may end up great but I'll wait and see first. Your two major athletic programs are very important and I haven't seen anything from him yet. If they bring Danny back after 2 -20 loss seasons out of three then they don't care about it. And then letting Danny laugh and giggle cracking jokes like he is the best coach in the country with his arrogance is sickening. Get him out of here and find someone that takes the job seriously!!!

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, miltonherdfan, Lord Haw-Haw

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2024, 06:51:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just now listened to it. This is amazing. All that matters is go to Florida and have fun. Heck we even recruit players in the basketball program to sit 5 years and be the best soccer cheerleaders ever. I honestly think down deep he can't keep up with today's game and recruiting and just trying to buy time with the fanbase. He doesn't even hardly talk about winning anymore. Just enjoy the experience, be good students of the community, be great drum beaters for soccer and enjoy some peach pie. How refreshing would it be to get a young hotshot recruiter in here that has visions of being very successful and moving up the ladder? Can you imagine a young make Kim Caldwell type?

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, Rockin Herd Fan, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2024, 07:28:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a clown show. The reporters that ask him softball questions are a joke too.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2024, 07:48:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Thats because your not a real fan 😂.  But I guess I?m not either.  45 years of cheering on Marshall I guess doesn?t qualify. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 09:33:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MUther

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2024, 11:13:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone needs to tell him he's not their grandfather, he's their GD Coach!  His whole job is to recruit and develop winners.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online svherd

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 11:16:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24-25 SEASON MOTTO - "We play .................. for fun!"

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Buffalo Bop, mubowhunter, Herd2believe, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 11:32:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24-25 SEASON MOTTO - "We play .................. for fun!"

I bet Danny takes the team to Billy Bobs on the frequent

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 11:32:17 PM »

Offline banker

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2024, 03:19:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I think everyone should wait on all out praise on Smith until he proves more. People want to get behind him and he still has a lot to prove. He may end up great but I'll wait and see first. Your two major athletic programs are very important and I haven't seen anything from him yet. If they bring Danny back after 2 -20 loss seasons out of three then they don't care about it. And then letting Danny laugh and giggle cracking jokes like he is the best coach in the country with his arrogance is sickening. Get him out of here and find someone that takes the job seriously!!!

I?m going to go ahead and call this the worst take in the history of Marshall message boards,?likely never to be defeated.

Here?s the thing - it?s Marshall University, a place focused on the higher education of students in the tri-state region and beyond.  It has sports teams that are meant to enhance the college experience for the students and the school should strive to be successful in everything it does, however, the success of athletics should be about number 10 on any top 10 list of things Brad Smith should be worried about on any given day.

Number one is always the quality of education provided by the university followed in some order by fiscal soundness, attracting and hiring quality faculty and staff, growing enrollment, growing the endowment, raising the academic profile of the school, developing new programs to meet changing markets, etc.

Athletics indirectly, and directly, benefits long term from those endeavors, but the point of those endeavors is not to have a better football or basketball team.  A new business school, the cyber security stuff, the top online computer science stuff, are things that benefit the school, the city and the state.  Doubling the endowment, growing enrollment, cutting deficits (while wvu is going the opposite direction in those metrics) is what Brad Smith should be judged on and he is killing it.

Marshall had/has 100s of things that need fixed just to make sure it is even still open in 20 years. That is, and should be, the focus of the President of the university.  If he doesn?t we won?t even have a home town to cheer for.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, wasbarryb, chris88, elginherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2024, 06:18:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m going to go ahead and call this the worst take in the history of Marshall message boards,?likely never to be defeated.

Here?s the thing - it?s Marshall University, a place focused on the higher education of students in the tri-state region and beyond.  It has sports teams that are meant to enhance the college experience for the students and the school should strive to be successful in everything it does, however, the success of athletics should be about number 10 on any top 10 list of things Brad Smith should be worried about on any given day.

Number one is always the quality of education provided by the university followed in some order by fiscal soundness, attracting and hiring quality faculty and staff, growing enrollment, growing the endowment, raising the academic profile of the school, developing new programs to meet changing markets, etc.

Athletics indirectly, and directly, benefits long term from those endeavors, but the point of those endeavors is not to have a better football or basketball team.  A new business school, the cyber security stuff, the top online computer science stuff, are things that benefit the school, the city and the state.  Doubling the endowment, growing enrollment, cutting deficits (while wvu is going the opposite direction in those metrics) is what Brad Smith should be judged on and he is killing it.

Marshall had/has 100s of things that need fixed just to make sure it is even still open in 20 years. That is, and should be, the focus of the President of the university.  If he doesn?t we won?t even have a home town to cheer for.

I never said athletics was #1 numbskull. I said it's important and it is. To stand by and let an old man destroy your basketball program or football program without trying is NOT leadership. You don't think it's important enough to at least try to become a winner in the 2 major sports? Just let a guy that has lost 20 games 2 out of 3 years just keep on wrecking the name of your university? I would think ALL aspects of your university was important. But according to you they can't chew gum and walk at the same time. But thanks for clearing that up for us. Didn't realize they didn't have the time for Marshall basketball or football like they did for Marshall woman's basketball. Or maybe they just like the old man more than they like what's best for Marshall basketball? Losers are always better than winners I guess and maybe in a few years they will get around to having the time to fix it? I mean it's not like we have an AD for sports!!!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 10:12:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD talks about reloading for next year?

Dan you're firing blanks, it's over, go now before you embarrass yourself and the school you claim to love further.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 10:12:09 AM »