Author Topic: Recruiting for Basketball  (Read 27194 times)

jdonaccbus (+ 1 Hidden) and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online jdonaccbus

Re: Recruiting for Basketball
« Reply #325 on: June 07, 2024, 08:34:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I reached out to staff about Jasir Tremble who averaged 23.4 ppg as a point guard at Prince George's CC in Maryland. I know his head coach. Prince George's CC went far this year. Apparently we didn't show much interest because he was primarily being recruited by high-level D2 schools.

Fresno State did their homework and just signed him. We really need one more quality player to have a championship level product this year. We have done some good recruiting considering I strongly feel Dan did not do a good job with roster management. But we really needed to find some diamonds in the rough. I thought Tremble was a good player.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, whf, herd33, Buffalo Bop, chris88, herdfifteen, MicDrass1, herdfan129, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #325 on: June 07, 2024, 08:34:06 AM »

Online svherd

« Reply #326 on: June 07, 2024, 08:55:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I reached out to staff about Jasir Tremble who averaged 23.4 ppg as a point guard at Prince George's CC in Maryland. I know his head coach. Prince George's CC went far this year. Apparently we didn't show much interest because he was primarily being recruited by high-level D2 schools.

Fresno State did their homework and just signed him. We really need one more quality player to have a championship level product this year. We have done some good recruiting considering I strongly feel Dan did not do a good job with roster management. But we really needed to find some diamonds in the rough. I thought Tremble was a good player.

Not that impressed with recruiting thus far. The portal guard seems like a solid pick up. We'll see if these guys as a group are difference makers early in the season.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdfifteen, herdorbust2

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #327 on: June 07, 2024, 11:11:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I?m sure you were right and he could play here.  MU HC always thinks they are better than what they truly are. 

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2024, 03:34:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like Spradlin from Morehead St that is now at JMU is the real deal. His first class has four 4 stars, 3 high majors and the OVC POY. And he was only 50 miles down the road from us and we lost out because we didn't even try!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, wlf, miltonherdfan, MicDrass1

Offline whf

« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2024, 05:06:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like Spradlin from Morehead St that is now at JMU is the real deal. His first class has four 4 stars, 3 high majors and the OVC POY. And he was only 50 miles down the road from us and we lost out because we didn't even try!!
    i won't go back and hunt it up, but you were very excited when Corny came to MU to assist DD; now you're like..............he doesn't know shix and can't possibly coach at this level.  I just say...............give the guy a chance.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2024, 05:25:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i won't go back and hunt it up, but you were very excited when Corny came to MU to assist DD; now you're like..............he doesn't know shix and can't possibly coach at this level.  I just say...............give the guy a chance.

I don't even know what your point is? He came as an assistant and I was VERY excited? Now we are talking about the HC which is two different things. And I'm still willing to give him a chance and never said a bad word about him in my post. My point is Spradlin is killing it recruiting and we are not. Look at what Spradlin has brought in and what we have brought in? It's not even close. And we are the middle of June and desperately need another scoring guard preferably a PG. I hope Corny tears it up and becomes the greatest coach the Herd has ever had. But so far recruiting isn't pointing in that direction.

The following users thanked this post: wlf, herdfan129

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2024, 05:35:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't understand why the Football and Basketball staffs don't recruit the DMV more there is a lot of under recruited talent here and loads of alumni.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2024, 09:06:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

And that's why, bust, Spradlin is on an upward track, perhaps a fast one, in D1 basketball (men's), coaching wise, and Danny D'Antoni is somewhere among the chirping crickets, playing pickle ball.  Also speaks volumes about why Danny Boy avoided playing those Eagles over in KY while Spradlin was the HC there!!!
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 10:40:22 PM by coalherd »

Offline SBYaHerd

« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2024, 09:52:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kaden Cooper visited last week.

Transfer from Oklahoma. Talented.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, jdonaccbus, Buffalo Bop, overherd1, herdfan129, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2024, 10:56:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That would be HUGE if we got him. He was recruited by Gonzaga, Kansas, Oklahoma, UCLA and about 25 others. He would be a big time difference maker.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2024, 11:31:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Big time recruit. Just getting him to visit is impressive. 

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2024, 08:04:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was highly recruited out of high school, but he didn't set the world on fire at OU.

"An Ada, OK, native and 4-star wing, Cooper was one of the highest-rated prep signings of the Porter Moser era when the former No. 65 prospect in the country put ink to paper after spending his senior season at The Skill Factory in Georgia. He picked OU over Alabama, Kansas, LSU and Gonzaga.

The 6-foot-5, 190-pound freshman appeared in 15 games and logged 1.5 points and 0.9 boards on 4.5 minutes a night."

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/men-s-basketball/OU-Basketball-Former-4-Star-Prospect-Kaden-Cooper-to-Leave-Oklahoma

HerdFans.com

« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2024, 08:04:33 AM »

Offline MUonium

« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2024, 08:18:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • have to assume with the offers Cooper has, he'd have to have a specific reason or connection (old or new) to join the Herd

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2024, 08:39:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • have to assume with the offers Cooper has, he'd have to have a specific reason or connection (old or new) to join the Herd

Not trying to be negative, but he may realize he needs to look at a lower level of college basketball. He certainly didn't live up to his hype at OU.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2024, 08:45:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mosher is a defense first coach. 

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2024, 09:23:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He would explode here. Don't know why he didn't play much at Oklahoma but that kid is freaky athletic and quick. Would be our best player from day one.

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2024, 05:23:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He would be huge. I wouldn't worry about his freshman stats. Transitioning from HS to the Big 12 can be a tough adjustment. Sometimes guys know they don't fit and need a re-boot.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 05:44:15 PM by jdonaccbus »

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2024, 05:47:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It looks like Speer is already working out with the team.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2024, 07:46:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2024, 08:57:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Online MUfan08

« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2024, 09:17:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder who the kid going up in the pic is?

Kai Spears

Online MUfan08

« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2024, 02:40:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Buffalo Bop, MicDrass1, scope58

HerdFans.com

« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2024, 02:40:25 PM »

Online MUfan08

« Reply #347 on: June 15, 2024, 02:41:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • « Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 03:20:02 PM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Buffalo Bop, Collis P, luckytoes99

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #348 on: June 15, 2024, 02:47:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Loves going left!  Nice potential here!   Smart pickup!!   Opens up entire floor now & puts more pressure on defense. 

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #349 on: June 15, 2024, 03:45:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/DezayneM/status/1802031768348082554

Sweet!

Looks like a great get on film.

We have one more to give with Braun out right?

Another combo guard please 😁

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08

HerdFans.com

« Reply #349 on: June 15, 2024, 03:45:30 PM »