Author Topic: Recruiting for Basketball  (Read 34353 times)

overherd1, girthyherdon and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Recruiting for Basketball
« Reply #550 on: June 30, 2024, 08:07:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will wait until basketball season starts to see if the two freshmen will contribute. I have gotten to the point where I take the practice posts about the players with a grain of salt. Remember these players were Dan's recruits and we all know that has been a mixed bag of talent. Films of players on the internet are produced to make the players look exceptional. Some players slip between the cracks, but their college offers are usually a good reference point on their ability.

Based on what I've heard, I expect Moore to be a contributor this year, but I'm not expecting a lot out of Harding.

Hopefully, Harding is a pleasant surprise, as we need depth up front.

Go Herd!
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 09:20:12 AM by Garbanjo »

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #550 on: June 30, 2024, 08:07:50 AM »

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #551 on: June 30, 2024, 12:31:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• And I said I had no idea about Moore numbnuts!!!! I said I heard he was athletic and could shoot. It was also fact that Alabama was recruiting him before his injury. Moore also had other offers besides SC Upstate. Maybe you should learn to read before opening mouth.

Thanks for taking the bait.  So, like most of us, you have NOT seen either player (Harding or Moore) and so you really have no idea how good (or bad) either player is.  Thanks.  Got it.  Please be sure to keep providing us with your expert talent evaluations (and continue to just make up those that you don?t). 
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 12:42:38 PM by Bigoherd »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #552 on: June 30, 2024, 03:38:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for taking the bait.  So, like most of us, you have NOT seen either player (Harding or Moore) and so you really have no idea how good (or bad) either player is.  Thanks.  Got it.  Please be sure to keep providing us with your expert talent evaluations (and continue to just make up those that you don?t).

What are you talking about goofball? You seem like a very simple minded person. I plainly said I had no idea about Will Moore except for what I heard. And Harding, I'm going by watching him run on video and how stiff and clumsy he looks. And on top of that a 6'10" kid getting offered by SC Upstate. I'm sure Corny didn't want to pull his scholly after already being promised one by Danny. But where you get expert opinion is beyond me when I said I have no idea about Moore and it was my "opinion" and Harding which everyone else I have talked to feels the same way. So just STFU unless you can give a better opinion or facts!!!

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #553 on: June 30, 2024, 10:17:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nowhere near as good as Handlogton. Not nearly as coordinated. Plays a little stiff and clumsy at this point. Hopefully that will change in time.

Sure seems like you were expressing expert fact.  Missed you saying this was your opinion or you derived your expert insight merely by watching a video.  The point being, it would be good to show some respect and humility vs coming across as a know it all.  I will refrain from childishly calling you names or other insults.  (But fully expect you to continue to expose your rear end to this board in your have to have the last word response.).  How is that for following your STFU directive? 
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 10:21:24 PM by Bigoherd »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #554 on: June 30, 2024, 10:49:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sure seems like you were expressing expert fact.  Missed you saying this was your opinion or you derived your expert insight merely by watching a video.  The point being, it would be good to show some respect and humility vs coming across as a know it all.  I will refrain from childishly calling you names or other insults.  (But fully expect you to continue to expose your rear end to this board in your have to have the last word response.).  How is that for following your STFU directive?

lol my last word response? So you admitted you started this by saying I took your bait and now you run like the coward you are and act like the victim. But go ahead and get your last word since you had the first word also genius.

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #555 on: July 01, 2024, 10:22:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • lol my last word response? So you admitted you started this by saying I took your bait and now you run like the coward you are and act like the victim. But go ahead and get your last word since you had the first word also genius.

Bless your heart.  (I will let you choose what is meant by that?see link below?)

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJleHBpcmVzX2F0IjoxNzE5OTcwNjU5LCJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xODEyNzg1OC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIn0.IC84Tf9peBY-I8YBfPKJQJIhrEVD0NgWi8wFR_jdNqQ/img.jpg
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 01:09:23 PM by Bigoherd »

Online scope58

« Reply #556 on: July 02, 2024, 06:23:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey guys ! Has anyone on here been to some practices ? Who are some of the players standing out ?Not really heard anything about players , other than Moore

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Online scope58

« Reply #557 on: Yesterday at 11:52:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey guys ! Has anyone on here been to some practices ? Who are some of the players standing out ?Not really heard anything about players , other than Moore
    I?m a mirage.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #558 on: Yesterday at 01:03:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m a mirage.

I don't think many go to practice anymore.  Or maybe the ones that have gone aren't impressed so not much to say? I'm going to give CJ a chance and get my tickets again. I think so far he has done a good job with the roster after the disaster he was left.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, scope58

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #559 on: Yesterday at 01:27:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Second hand info:

Dawson is playing well

Twins will help

Moore is "pretty tough"

That's all I've heard right now

Nothing on Speer or Mingo yet

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88, scope58, herdorbust2

Online overherd1

« Reply #560 on: Yesterday at 01:46:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guess we will have to wait and see.  Hopefully some improvement.  Those that go may be hesitant to say anything.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online scope58

« Reply #561 on: Yesterday at 01:50:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Second hand info:

Dawson is playing well

Twins will help

Moore is "pretty tough"

That's all I've heard right now

Nothing on Speer or Mingo yet
           Thanks for the info .

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #561 on: Yesterday at 01:50:25 PM »

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #562 on: Yesterday at 02:29:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I stopped by practice last week. Dawson does look good, a vocal leader, Moore doeslook pretty good for a freshman,twins very physical and competitive, pleasantly surprprised by Hardin tough hard working physical nice hands, Speer is fast drives to basket and a shooter, some differences I noticed how physical,competive and hard working practice was, Corny and staff has done a good job in the time and nil they had.

Online scope58

« Reply #563 on: Yesterday at 02:38:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I stopped by practice last week. Dawson does look good, a vocal leader, Moore doeslook pretty good for a freshman,twins very physical and competitive, pleasantly surprprised by Hardin tough hard working physical nice hands, Speer is fast drives to basket and a shooter, some differences I noticed how physical,competive and hard working practice was, Corny and staff has done a good job in the time and nil they had.
    . That?s great . Think we may see a better defensive team out there. Sounds like better guard play as well. Assuming the player out of Canada works out. I heard that he?s quick and plays good D.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #564 on: Yesterday at 02:55:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think that will be the biggest difference imo is more physical, better D and guys not feeling like they can run and gun at will without repercussions. I think CJ will still keep the spacing and open floor play but will be much more involved coaching and  expect fundamentals.
    « Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:09:38 PM by herdorbust2 »

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #565 on: Yesterday at 05:07:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Definitely more emphasis on defense,
    much bigger players Dawson is big very physical as well asJakob Gibbs, love watching both of them , Hardin looks to punish when getting the ball down low loves dunking on people. Nothing against Dan, but practice just had a different feel.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, scope58, herdorbust2

Online scope58

« Reply #566 on: Yesterday at 05:21:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    much bigger players Dawson is big very physical as well asJakob Gibbs, love watching both of them , Hardin looks to punish when getting the ball down low loves dunking on people. Nothing against Dan, but practice just had a different feel.
    . That?s great ! How are the new guards looking ?

Offline coalherd

« Reply #567 on: Yesterday at 07:46:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Personally, and it's just being me, I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on what is happening now in early July in preseason conditioning workouts and "getting acquainted" type of practices.  I'll give more interest to, and value on, such practice session observations once (1) MU starts fall practice and (2) the final roster for the 24-25 season is set.  That is when, as the old tire commercial stated, "the rubber meets the road" and the team's members, coaching staff and the fan base gets real and valid views and ideas of what this season's team looks like and its prospects for success really are!!

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #568 on: Yesterday at 08:16:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The tone is being set now, no "horsing around" serious practice, hard work , physical , tough , no nonsense. One of the players that has been here for a while was goofing off and he was immediately called out and told that is not the we want to set for the new players.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #569 on: Yesterday at 11:21:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The tone is being set now, no "horsing around" serious practice, hard work , physical , tough , no nonsense. One of the players that has been here for a while was goofing off and he was immediately called out and told that is not the we want to set for the new players.

Goofing off vet still??  That?s ridiculous.  Team stinks and he probably avg less than 7ppg.
    « Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:23:13 PM by MicDrass1 »

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #570 on: Today at 12:08:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So team stinks and you have not seen them and season hasnt started, and you are incorrect,  and didnt understand the point. Just my personal observation on comparing last few years compared to the one Ive seen this year.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #571 on: Today at 01:07:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So team stinks and you have not seen them and season hasnt started, and you are incorrect,  and didnt understand the point. Just my personal observation on comparing last few years compared to the one Ive seen this year.

Sorry I meant last years team stunk.  This year idk.  But rid program of those that don?t truly care.  The fun is practice.  Don?t try to do more in practice to have fun. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #571 on: Today at 01:07:17 AM »

Online overherd1

« Reply #572 on: Today at 07:45:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears that we are experiencing a "reset" of our basketball program.  New leadership with some ties to the past.  Maybe the best of both worlds?  I wish Coach Jackson the best.  Seems to be some good signs and hopefully that translates to better performance.  Thanks for all the reports for those that can make it to practice.  Happy 4th!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Buffalo Bop, chris88, coalherd, MicDrass1, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline Collis P

« Reply #573 on: Today at 09:56:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Bear64 -  have they established any offensive sets or defense sets that you believe CJ will run.............. it may be early for that....

I also noticed there has been over 34,000 views on Basketball Recruiting.....   Wow! still a lot of interest !!
    « Last Edit: Today at 10:01:14 AM by Collis P »
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: scope58, herdorbust2

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #574 on: Today at 10:08:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It would be nice if Marshall will update their roster with all the new faces. By my count, there are 8 recruits added: 5 transfers and 3 HS.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #574 on: Today at 10:08:24 AM »