Author Topic: Recruiting for Basketball  (Read 40786 times)

Offline jdonaccbus

Re: Recruiting for Basketball
« Reply #600 on: July 13, 2024, 10:19:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have put together a much better roster from player 1 to 13. Having better depth makes every one being challenged in practice which is what you want. You don't get better unless you face good players in practice.

We have scheduled Purdue and I hope to see another power OOC opponent. For the life of me, I don't know why you wouldn't want to play some of these programs in their environments. It should only make you better. You learn a lot more about yourself and what you need to work on when you play a Purdue compared to Glenville State and Coppin State.

The key is to finally make a move in the conference tournament. It has been over 5 years since we made it past the quarterfinal round in one of our conference tournaments. Quite frankly, we have wilted late in the year for many of those seasons. A good regular season finish in the standings and a good run in the conference tournament is what we should be expecting. We fund basketball where we should be making some moves in the Sun Belt.....not finishing 10th and making excuses. I look forward to see what we do this season.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #600 on: July 13, 2024, 10:19:23 AM »

Offline MUonium

« Reply #601 on: July 13, 2024, 12:36:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fricks & Spears are sleepers on this team

hope you are right.  in Frick's case, it's about time we had another break-out player.  maybe Conner had some potential to be one.

as far as transfers in very recent years, Martin and Voyles were about the only solid players, Curfman helped win some games

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #602 on: July 13, 2024, 01:58:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • hope you are right.  in Frick's case, it's about time we had another break-out player.  maybe Conner had some potential to be one.

as far as transfers in very recent years, Martin and Voyles were about the only solid players, Curfman helped win some games

Conner couldn?t get out of turtle mode.  Probably the most unmotivated player I?ve ever seen on the court.  The dude acted like he would rather be in bed vs a basketball court.  Very odd IMO

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, MicDrass1, scope58

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #603 on: July 13, 2024, 02:25:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • hope you are right.  in Frick's case, it's about time we had another break-out player.  maybe Conner had some potential to be one.

IMO, MBB will NOT miss Curfman at all.

The following users thanked this post: mubowhunter, coalherd

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #604 on: July 13, 2024, 03:59:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Conner couldn?t get out of turtle mode.  Probably the most unmotivated player I?ve ever seen on the court.  The dude acted like he would rather be in bed vs a basketball court.  Very odd IMO

Conner was terrible

Glad he's gone

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, mubowhunter

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #605 on: July 13, 2024, 05:54:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have seen the team work out several times and I was impressed with Moore. I really think Moore was a heck of a pickup & yes I certainly give Dan credit for sealing the deal with him when he had a nice list of mid-major offers. I may be wrong, but I don't see Moore getting buried on the bench. He will contend for a lot of time on the floor. And Nutter has gotten better.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, horsrman

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #606 on: July 13, 2024, 06:07:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to use Fricks on mid range game.  Score at all levels bb.  DD was all 3

Offline coalherd

« Reply #607 on: July 13, 2024, 07:09:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have put together a much better roster from player 1 to 13. Having better depth makes every one being challenged in practice which is what you want. You don't get better unless you face good players in practice.

We have scheduled Purdue and I hope to see another power OOC opponent. For the life of me, I don't know why you wouldn't want to play some of these programs in their environments. It should only make you better. You learn a lot more about yourself and what you need to work on when you play a Purdue compared to Glenville State and Coppin State.

The key is to finally make a move in the conference tournament. It has been over 5 years since we made it past the quarterfinal round in one of our conference tournaments. Quite frankly, we have wilted late in the year for many of those seasons. A good regular season finish in the standings and a good run in the conference tournament is what we should be expecting. We fund basketball where we should be making some moves in the Sun Belt.....not finishing 10th and making excuses. I look forward to see what we do this season.

Spot on post.  Look what an early season win AT Michigan State, I believe it was, did to boost, inspire, etc., JMU, team AND its fan base, to a record achieving season in 23-24!!!

You can't BEAT EM if you don't PLAY EM!!!!  Of course, in our previous Head Coach's case, he couldn't beat em so his "solution" was NOT TO PLAY EM!!!!  I believe most of us, and HERD fans in general, want MORE for MU basketball, both in SCHEDULING and in RESULTS!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2024, 12:10:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2024, 12:57:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fricks & Spears are sleepers on this team

DD kept a roster full of sleepers, that never woke up.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2024, 12:57:56 PM »