Author Topic: Charles Huff  (Read 12650 times)

Online svherd

Re: Charles Huff
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2024, 11:36:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Griffis aint gonna be the QB.

It wont be the Tulsa kid, that's for sure. If it is true that Griffis has hung it up, we'll be lucky to win 5 games. Maybe Huff was right, hard to recruit a kid to Huntington.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 08:56:51 AM by svherd »

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2024, 11:36:27 AM »

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #151 on: June 06, 2024, 12:04:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reality is that no one has any idea what kind of team we have, the other SBC teams have or VT has. It is a new world and you have to decide who you want to drive the bus on roads that are still being built. As for me, I like Huff. He seems to have the portal down. We have invested in some losses with him as a coach, but we have also had some wins. He'll get better at the xs and os.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2024, 12:22:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some other things that are about to impact the athletic department is that they will begin revenue sharing with players starting next year, fall of 2025 sports (so potential less money to the athletic department).

The other thing people are not really talking about is that with the NCAA vs House settlement, G5 schools (each school itself) will be required to pay back nil claims (players from 2016 to when nil started) for the next 10 years (which will be between $500,000 to $1.5 million each year over the next 10 years for each school). So not only does the school have to pay this as a part of their settlement, but revenue sharing with athletes starts as well.

College and college sports landscape is totally different than it was 5 years ago and changing even more. I trust Smith from the business aspect of this, but it is a big big challenge.

Just a bump.

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2024, 12:24:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Griffis aint gonna be the QB.

What makes you come to that conclusion?

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2024, 01:37:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What makes you come to that conclusion?

Sources be Sourcin'

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2024, 06:22:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sources be Sourcin'

So basically none.

Got ya...

The following users thanked this post: svherd, BigJimslade

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2024, 07:32:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reality is that no one has any idea what kind of team we have, the other SBC teams have or VT has. It is a new world and you have to decide who you want to drive the bus on roads that are still being built. As for me, I like Huff. He seems to have the portal down. We have invested in some losses with him as a coach, but we have also had some wins. He'll get better at the xs and os.

He will get better at the Xs and Os
    How can u be sure of that

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2024, 01:21:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Griffis is definitely not coming to Marshall.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, FilmJunky, Lord Haw-Haw

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2024, 02:12:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the Wake QB isn't coming to Marshall, that means we have four QB on the team. Braxton the transfer from Tulsa; Pennington; Paracheck and Long the true freshman from Hurricane who played in the Spring Game. Paracheck withdrew from the portal and is staying at Marshall.

It might be a long season if we don't find a QB in the portal. Long did have offers from Appy and ECU. He had offers from MAC schools Kent; Miami and Toledo. He also had offers Memphis; Arkansas State; UMASS and some FCS schools. He sounds like he may have the potential to be a good QB based on his offers and Rivals had him listed as a 3 Stars recruit.

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/jacqai-long-282103?view=pv
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 02:19:26 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2024, 02:14:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the Wake QB is coming to Marshall, that means we four QB on the team. Braxton the transfer from Tulsa; Pennington; Paracheck and Long the true freshman from Hurricane who played in the Spring Game. Paracheck withdrew from the portal and Long w

It might be a long season if we don't find a QB in the portal. Long did have offers from Appy and ECU. He had offers from MAC schools Kent; Miami and Toledo. He also had offers Memphis; Arkansas State; UMASS and some FCS schools.

Is there a definitive reason why he changed his mind? There are a couple of guesses, but no definitive reasons.

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2024, 02:34:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Griffis is definitely not coming to Marshall.

Wow, this definitely hurts.  I'm not saying QB wasn't a concern, even when Griffis was coming, but now that he isn't, this could be a long season.  Huff definitely needs to be beating the bushes to bring in another QB. 

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #161 on: June 07, 2024, 02:39:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will get better at the Xs and Os
    How can u be sure of that

He has been good when he has had a healthy D1 QB. Notre Dame makes me believe.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2024, 02:39:47 PM »

Offline overherd1

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2024, 02:47:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On the surface it sure doesn't look good to have one less QB in that room.  I think a lot of people were thinking he might be the starter.  Guess there could be another one coming.  Makes it much tougher to follow not knowing who the players are going to be year to year.  I guess maybe we should be excited every year with a new team!

Online GoHerd35

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2024, 04:05:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, HerdEcon

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2024, 04:31:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like sheer despotism.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2024, 06:01:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope I get proven wrong, but I fail to see any reason that we gave an offer to Braxton.

It is sad to say this, but I am glad Parachek came back.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HerdEcon

Offline whf

« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2024, 07:54:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't we have another QB from Olive Branch once, I know we had a really good one from Tupelo; Stan Hill.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2024, 09:22:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We used to always have good qbs from different states from each other.  Seemed we always picked right. 

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2024, 09:34:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For a guy we brought in here heralded as the nations #1 recruiter, he couldn't reel in 1 even semi-decent QB in 4 yrs.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, BigJimslade, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2024, 10:40:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't count Cole Pennington out just yet. He got valuable time last year in a system that didn't play to his strengths. The air raid getting the ball out quick should be a much better offense for him. And last year was valuable for him to adjust to the college speed of the game. Now another off season should really help him.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline MUther

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2024, 01:58:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope I get proven wrong, but I fail to see any reason that we gave an offer to Braxton.

It is sad to say this, but I am glad Parachek came back.

My guess is Parachek is back because he was told he would play.  And if Griffis found that out...maybe he decides it's not worth going back into the machine for another go'round.

Offline chris88

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2024, 07:44:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems Griffs was just ready to move on with his life. He was at Wake for four years, has his degree, has a girlfriend etc. No inside info.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2024, 07:44:43 AM »

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2024, 08:56:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't count Cole Pennington out just yet. He got valuable time last year in a system that didn't play to his strengths. The air raid getting the ball out quick should be a much better offense for him. And last year was valuable for him to adjust to the college speed of the game. Now another off season should really help him.

Oh please

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Johns1124, FilmJunky

Online MUfan08

« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2024, 09:10:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems Griffs was just ready to move on with his life. He was at Wake for four years, has his degree, has a girlfriend etc. No inside info.

Well he could have told the coaches from the beginning so we would have quit recruiting him and waiting on him to graduate from WF as well. Instead, he lets the coaches know the first week of June....

Oh well, better hope baby Penny or the Tulsa guy have gotten better or this will be an ugly ugly season.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2024, 09:38:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

i hope so!  but even if that happens, CP wasn't a Huff recruit.  huff obviously came here w/o any intention of CP being his QB.  CP should have a lot more game action under his belt than what he does.  there have been LOTS of occasions over the past 2 seasons where it was time to try something different at QB, & huff just left a struggling CF out there to seal the deal (loss).  3 years later, it's possible if not probable that huff hasn't been able to out-recruit doc on a QB he's never been high on.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2024, 09:38:09 AM »