Author Topic: Charles Huff  (Read 11521 times)

Offline chris88

Re: Charles Huff
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2024, 07:45:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO a huge part of the failings at QB selection have to do with failure to hire competent HC/OC. Simply put, we haven't hired a HC who has a solid grasp of offensive schematics since Donnan. That impacts recruiting. If it takes a NFL caliber talent to make your offense work than most G5 schools are going to struggle. Success since Sonny has always been linked to all conf caliber QB. I would define that as one of top two or three QBs in league. But schematics do matter especially when you're not going to out talent your conf mates most of the time.

To say Marshall's glory days are over makes no sense to me. Someone is going to win our league every year and we are mostly in same recruiting pools as most in the SBC (HS/transfer portal etc) and our NILs in the SBC are not going to determine our champion in FB. It's all about hiring the right HC. One who understands offensive schematics. If he does he'll know who the best OC hire will be and together that will drive the right personnel to fit the system. We've hired a defensive coach and two program managers as HCs the last three. You think Jeff Brohm or Lane Kiffin couldn't take our current roster and make it SBC Champ? We are swimming in same pools for hiring as well as recruiting. You might not get a Brohm or Kiffin every time but there are good/great offensive coaches out there.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Johns1124, gochneaur645, SuperAnjario, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2024, 07:45:16 AM »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2024, 09:42:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Granted, Snyder was a bust; but I'd take another pruett or donnan anyday!

Those are the last 3 coordinators we've hired as HC.

Pruett and Donnan were diamonds for sure when hiring a Coordinator. But hiring Coordinators and Position coaches hasn't worked for us in over 30 years. Time to hire a HC from a lower division like we did for Men's Soccer and Women's Basketball.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2024, 10:16:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just read Lindy's College Football Pre-Season magazine. They have the Sun Belt East predicted finish as 1) App State, 2) James Madison, 3) Georgia Southern, 4) Marshall, 5) Coastal Carolina, 6) Georgia State, 7) Old Dominion. I think they had the West finish something like 1) Louisiana, 2) Texas State, 3) Troy, 4) South Alabama, 5) Arkansas State, 6) Southern Miss, 7) Louisiana - Monroe. A short list of favorites per Vegas Insider to claim the title outright are App State +350, Texas State +500, Louisiana +600, South Alabama +800, James Madison +850. Marshall is listed at +1600.

Offline beau42m

« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2024, 10:21:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just read Lindy's College Football Pre-Season magazine. They have the Sun Belt East predicted finish as 1) App State, 2) James Madison, 3) Georgia Southern, 4) Marshall, 5) Coastal Carolina, 6) Georgia State, 7) Old Dominion. I think they had the West finish something like 1) Louisiana, 2) Texas State, 3) Troy, 4) South Alabama, 5) Arkansas State, 6) Southern Miss, 7) Louisiana - Monroe. A short list of favorites per Vegas Insider to claim the title outright are App State +350, Texas State +500, Louisiana +600, South Alabama +800, James Madison +850. Marshall is listed at +1600.
    Looks like Marshall has a lot of work to do in order to win the Sun Belt conference title.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2024, 08:55:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So basically none.

Got ya...

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA TOLD YOU!!!!

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2024, 08:57:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Griffis aint gonna be the QB.

Y'all Start listening to the FilmJunky. told y'all on June 6. FILM JUNKY the "HERD INSIDERS" INSIDER

Online Johns1124

« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2024, 09:24:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Y'all Start listening to the FilmJunky. told y'all on June 6. FILM JUNKY the "HERD INSIDERS" INSIDER

Stop it was already talking on another forum by that time. I just didn't read it.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2024, 04:21:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stop it was already talking on another forum by that time. I just didn't read it.

Sources?

Online Johns1124

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2024, 07:08:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sources?

A premium board, elsewhere.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2024, 07:08:18 AM »