Author Topic: 2024 FB Season Win Total Odds  (Read 1188 times)

Offline HerdEcon

2024 FB Season Win Total Odds
« on: May 27, 2024, 10:20:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will take the over.  JMU replacing a coaching staff and a bunch of players to the portal, including their starting QB.  Ga State losing their HC to the coaching portal During spring practice..  Coastal losing a bunch on offense.  At least one of our opponents has to have a bad season.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/win-totals/

https://howlraiser.com/2024/05/26/howlraiser-analyzes-the-early-vegas-win-predictions-for-the-sun-belt/

HerdFans.com

2024 FB Season Win Total Odds
    « on: May 27, 2024, 10:20:49 AM »

Offline herd2win

Re: 2024 FB Season Win Total Odds
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 11:26:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We start the year with 2 losses as Va Tech returns all starters and has an 81/2 win total over and under so they are expected to be very good.  I agree that JMU won't be as good as predicted.

Our o/u is 6.5 and I believe we win 7 but would not bet on it with all of the new players.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline chris88

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 01:16:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our 1st opponent was 0-10 so that should be a good start
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 01:30:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have a guaranteed win (Stony Brook) and a guaranteed loss (tOSU). Then an almost certain win (ULM) and almost certain loss (Va Tech).

That leaves 8 games up in the air. Total of 6.5 means they expect us to go 4-4 or 5-3 in those games which sounds about right.

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 01:51:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rivals does rank our transfer class 15th best. Maybe i'll be let down as happens more often than not, but I always look for reasons to be excited before the season.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2024, 02:00:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lots of ? Marks

Qb
    Rb
    Ol
    Lb

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 02:02:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-6 if we're lucky. Too many question marks. I would take 8-4 and call that a nice year.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline D1

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 02:42:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-6 if we're lucky. Too many question marks. I would take 8-4 and call that a nice year.

6-6 we get a new head coach, 8-4 we offer a new contract to Coach Huff and he's 50/50 on staying, completely depending on the jobs that open up at the end of the season.  I'll be thrilled with 8-4 this year, but time will tell how this plays out.

Offline svherd

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2024, 03:44:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-6 we get a new head coach, 8-4 we offer a new contract to Coach Huff and he's 50/50 on staying, completely depending on the jobs that open up at the end of the season.  I'll be thrilled with 8-4 this year, but time will tell how this plays out.

I think he's leaving either way.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, Big City

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2024, 04:02:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't believe this 20 years of hell continues. Outside of 2014 when we got to play a bunch of start ups and FCS schools with FBS talent...it's been pretty much expecting to go 6-6 every year in a bottom tier FBS conference for the bulk of two decades. How in the world have we not had one decent leader to change the trajectory of the program in 2 decades?

It's crazy to think that there is not 1 kid in elementary school, middle school, high school, or college that can remember Marshall Football being consistently good and relevant on a national stage.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2024, 05:10:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't believe this 20 years of hell continues. Outside of 2014 when we got to play a bunch of start ups and FCS schools with FBS talent...it's been pretty much expecting to go 6-6 every year in a bottom tier FBS conference for the bulk of two decades.

I'd throw in 2013 too. Beating Maryland and taking a good Virginia Tech team to triple overtime in Blacksburg was pretty nice. IMO, 2011 was a great season too considering we had a winning season against a schedule ranked tougher than WVU's according to Sagarin and probably our toughest SOS ever.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2024, 06:33:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One key to whatever success the HERD has this season, IMO, is the Appy State game, which is in the JOAN.  Any word on how their preseason prognosis. etc., shapes up?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2024, 06:33:40 PM »

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2024, 09:45:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One key to whatever success the HERD has this season, IMO, is the Appy State game, which is in the JOAN.  Any word on how their preseason prognosis. etc., shapes up?

App is favored to win the East. 

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2024, 09:53:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he's leaving either way.

I think he?s back another yr. We?ll keep him at 4-8 or better   He?ll have no where else to go. Not what I hope for just the environment we are in

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2024, 11:00:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline muherd34

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2024, 07:33:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can?t see us winning more than 6 games.  All of Docs recruits are gone and if I follow the trend we will finish worse than last year in the SBC.  Believe this will be Huffs final season either way.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline svherd

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2024, 08:18:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he?s back another yr. We?ll keep him at 4-8 or better   He?ll have no where else to go. Not what I hope for just the environment we are in
    You may be correct, but I think he'll bail and get an RB coach gig at a P5 school and make the same money he is now with us. jmho

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2024, 11:44:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think there is hope for the upcoming season.  Not necessarily because I think we will be all world, but I see several Sun Belt teams in the east taking a step or two back.  As an added plus, we get the best draw possible of teams from the SB West. 

JMU lost 13 players to the portal including their first team QB and their coaching staff.  Although, JMU did get what most consider a good QB from Washington in the portal.

Coastal lost their 10th year senior QB, McCall, and several other players.  This is their HC second year. 

Ga State lost their HC during spring practice.  They also lost their first team RB and best WR to the portal.

Ga Southern lost their first team QB and one of their most productive WRs.

ODU lost their first team RB and several players on defense to P5 schools.  We have to play them in Norfolk and they played us tough last season.

App State lost the least in the off season and looks to be the favorite to win the east, again.  We get them in Huntington.

App, Ga State, and Coastal beat us by several scores last season.  ODU and Ga Southern played us close.  Our offense is getting a lot of pre season attention, however, our defense gave up 30+ points in all but one conference game (JMU) last season.  We also went through a three game stretch during conference play where our offense averaged 8 points a game.  The bottom line is that Huff is going to have to make big improvements on both sides of the ball.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2024, 11:44:19 AM »