Author Topic: Men?s basketball program?  (Read 615 times)

Offline mubowhunter

Men?s basketball program?
« on: May 28, 2024, 04:36:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do we cancel it and throw the money towards men?s soccer and women?s basketball?

HerdFans.com

Men?s basketball program?
    « on: May 28, 2024, 04:36:54 PM »

Offline mubowhunter

Re: Men?s basketball program?
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 04:57:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • By no comments tells me everything I know.  It?s ok fellas to speak your minds

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 05:00:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's a bunch of people that, even if we woulda brought DD back, are content with the program. For the record, I'm not 1 of them, I quit supporting a few years back once I concluded DD was just treating the program like a neighborhood pickup team where nothing really matters other than getting together with friends & having a good time. But how many games were there last year we sold out?  Fans were told our BB facility didn't have room for them even if they wanted to come bc we'd maxed out on the number of ticket holders our program could handle.

I wouldn't cancel a program with that much support, even though some of us don't understand exactly why that is.

The following users thanked this post: mubowhunter

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024, 05:17:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Personally in today's landscape of portal and NIL it's much easier having a successful basketball program than football. Way too many scholarships to have to fill every year in football and for what? Even if you "might" win the SB you are still going to get a same bowl because the days of going 12-0 and a schedule good enough for a Big bowl are virtually zero. I know some don't want to hear it but football will never see the glory days again and will just be treading water to play in the same bowls as always. Get 5-7 good basketball players and the SB is there to win. Then you are in the dance where anything is possible. But it's hard to even be a fan for anything nowadays because they are killing collegiate sports.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, miltonherdfan, VA Herd Fan, mubowhunter, herdfan129

Offline herd2win

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 05:49:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For football, I will enjoy the regional SBC conference and games against teams we have relationships with.  In our history we have never been in a New Years Big Bowl but we have had super fun moments like the ND win.

Basketball the same.  We may make the dance but very unlikely to go past the first round as we will always be a 13+ seed.
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 06:12:19 PM by herd2win »

The following users thanked this post: mubowhunter

Offline MUonium

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2024, 06:26:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i say we drop all sports and become an academic powerhouse to be unequaled forever in the annals of mankind on earth and in the cosmos

The following users thanked this post: whf, mubowhunter

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2024, 06:26:31 PM »