Author Topic: Coal Cats Tix  (Read 1528 times)

Online svherd

Coal Cats Tix
« on: May 29, 2024, 08:38:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You know I think the Coal Cats could be a great thing for Huntington and the area. Should be good family entertainment. I hate to piss in the cornflakes but their prices are WAY too high. Cheapest seat is $12. Behind home plate is $20. Gonna be a tough sell for families and casual fans. Hope I am wrong. I can get Dirty Birds tix for $8.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Coal Cats Tix
    « on: May 29, 2024, 08:38:31 AM »

Offline Big City

Re: Coal Cats Tix
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2024, 09:03:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Think they will have pricing for children? You're right. This seems a bit high.
    Clippers games cost $8 for GA and children for $6.

We went to the clippers game last night which was Dime a Dog night. Looked like a sold out ball park and FANTASTIC people watching. Clippers pitching was retched and they stunk up cbus last night.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2024, 09:20:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just checked the Bismarck Larks website and their cheapest ticket is $22 that I could find.
    Might check on hosting a player those families typically get free season tickets. My son still stays in touch with his host families.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just came back from Chattanooga and went to 2 Lookouts games, AA affiliate of the Reds, and 2nd row behind home plate (scouts seats) were $14 each. GA was $11.  The tickets online are often more, even when purchasing from teams site?walk up is usually cheaper as was the case in Chattanooga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd

Online HerdEcon

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2024, 10:05:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems about right.  $10-$12 to buy a movie ticket. 

Offline herd2win

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2024, 10:59:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those prices seem online.  Probably should offer some sort of family pack including food and drink at a discount.  I have friends going to the Savanah Bananas game and check out those prices...$300-$400 a game including when they play on the road.

Online svherd

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2024, 11:15:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this were a minor league team or Savannah, I could see that. But it's basically college kids looking for exposure. You would think the 'Cats would want to build a fanbase, grow attendance and build from there. Frankly, this level of baseball should be around $10-8  ticket to sit anywhere. Guess I am obviously out of touch.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ, ru4mu2, miltonherdfan

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2024, 11:36:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this were a minor league team or Savannah, I could see that. But it's basically college kids looking for exposure. You would think the 'Cats would want to build a fanbase, grow attendance and build from there. Frankly, this level of baseball should be around $10-8  ticket to sit anywhere. Guess I am obviously out of touch.
    Its 8-10 bucks to watch a High School game if you don?t buy a season pass to all sports.

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2024, 12:17:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I looked at the rest of the Appalachian League and the Coal Cats definitely have the highest ticket prices.

All of the teams (minus the two that don't have ticket info up for 2024) have their reserved sections (dugout to dugout, including seats behind home plate) anywhere from $10 - $12. The general admission which would equate to the Coal Cats' standing room only was $8 or less.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ru4mu2, miltonherdfan, coalherd

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2024, 03:12:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wilmington, NC Sharks are $12 to $15 reserved, $10 GA.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Offline wesnky

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2024, 03:33:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SRO tics for the NCAA regional in Knoxville are $10. What price was the Herd SRO tickets?                      You can get a Reds ticket for $5.
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 04:37:41 PM by wesnky »

Offline Grazing Marco

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2024, 04:54:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coal Cats SRO tickets are $8 and you can bring your own chair if you wish. I realize bringing a chair is more of a hassle but the cheaper option is there.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2024, 04:54:09 PM »

Offline Grazing Marco

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2024, 04:55:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SRO tics for the NCAA regional in Knoxville are $10. What price was the Herd SRO tickets?                      You can get a Reds ticket for $5.

Herd SRO was $10

Offline MUther

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2024, 05:28:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems about right.  $10-$12 to buy a movie ticket.

and the actors do not have to perform live for every audience like a baseball team does. 

Movies are weird.  People pay for the right to see someone act somewhere else, often at least a year prior, but without them most people wouldn't have access to the story.

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2024, 06:14:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • * fake news
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 08:26:00 AM by miltonherdfan »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2024, 02:13:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I looked at the rest of the Appalachian League and the Coal Cats definitely have the highest ticket prices.

All of the teams (minus the two that don't have ticket info up for 2024) have their reserved sections (dugout to dugout, including seats behind home plate) anywhere from $10 - $12. The general admission which would equate to the Coal Cats' standing room only was $8 or less.

Bluefield has had an Appalachian League team for decades.  These prices seem somewhat high, but I haven't checked on this year's tickets for the Bluefield team.  Princeton was also in the Appy through last summer, and their tickets weren't that high, IIRC.  Appy League for years was tabbed as "Class D" ball when MLB had minor league affiliates all over the place, up through A, AA and AAA level competition.  Don't know if the Coal Cats type teams are made up of rookie professional players, or college players many of whom will return to their schools at the end of summer.  Anyway, good luck and a successful summer to the New Team in H-Town!!!!

Online svherd

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2024, 08:01:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Tickets are $7 and $5 for groups of 10 or more."

https://wvmetronews.com/2024/06/03/tri-state-coal-cats-set-to-start-inaugural-season/

$8.00 SRO, all reserved seating starts at $12.00 and up.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2024, 08:01:38 AM »