Author Topic: Charles Huff, Marshall make key promotions  (Read 1073 times)

HerdFans.com

Charles Huff, Marshall make key promotions
« on: June 25, 2024, 07:31:57 AM »

Offline svherd

Re: Charles Huff, Marshall make key promotions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 08:38:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huffs agent writes down good PR pieces and farms them out regularly.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 08:38:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff and company have unloaded a lot of DL to the transfer portal and it may be a good sign for the team that these guys can?t get us to a championship. Go elsewhere ?..We play for Championships????? About time we all can agree it?s been far too long coming! Go Herd!!! I am sensing it this may be the year to see it happen.

Online BigJimslade

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 11:40:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff and company have unloaded a lot of DL to the transfer portal and it may be a good sign for the team that these guys can?t get us to a championship. Go elsewhere ?..We play for Championships????? About time we all can agree it?s been far too long coming! Go Herd!!! I am sensing it this may be the year to see it happen.

You are very optimistic
    Is it our strength at QB that has you feeling like THIS may be the year

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 12:07:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just hope fans don't think we may be able to shock the Buckeyes like we did ND. We are going to get killed in that game. OSU bought a semi pro team and some are saying it may be the most talent on a college team ever. Now VT could be a shot at victory but not likely since they will have the best team since Beamer days. After those 2 every game is winnable and I think this will be Huffs best all around team. I expect the offense to be much improved. I think Cole will be much improved and needed getting his feet wet to the speed of the game after coming from a small Kentucky HS. Don't underestimate his smarts and his wealth of knowledge his dad brings with his learning curve. The WR group has been a huge upgrade and a strength this year imo. I'm excited to actually see the offense this year for the first time in a while. The defense will be solid also. There are no teams in the SB that are scary good. Just not a bunch of cupcakes like CUSA.

And I'm finally getting a tiny bit excited about basketball again with new leadership. At least CJ understands roster management and recruiting and going after players and not as many projects. Interesting fall and winter coming up with hope in both sports for me.

The following users thanked this post: overherd1

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2024, 12:22:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huffs agent writes down good PR pieces and farms them out regularly.

He seems to have a connection with Football Scoop and with this writer in particular.  Most of the propaganda articles are published in Football Scoop and by this writer. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herd2win

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2024, 12:23:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am going to both OSU and Va Tech and have a clear understanding of the challenge both present.  OSU is absolutely loaded and I promise you their coaching staff will show video of our ND game.  OSU was even able to pay UCLAs head coach Chip Kelley more money than he was making just to become their OC.

The experience will be fun and if we can keep it within 2 TDs into the 3Q that would be a solid showing.

Offline banker

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2024, 12:23:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or he?s helping with resume padding because he knows they will all be looking for jobs after this year.  Some schools get suckered by that ?assistant head coach? important sounding, but meaningless, title.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, MUfan08, svherd, HerdEcon, chris88, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2024, 12:54:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am going to both OSU and Va Tech and have a clear understanding of the challenge both present.  OSU is absolutely loaded and I promise you their coaching staff will show video of our ND game.  OSU was even able to pay UCLAs head coach Chip Kelley more money than he was making just to become their OC.

The experience will be fun and if we can keep it within 2 TDs into the 3Q that would be a solid showing.

I expect that game to be at least a 40 pt loss. And that won't have any reflection on us as a team or if we can compete in the SB. I hate OSU with a passion but they are loaded to the max. Just take their money and run.

Online Johns1124

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2024, 03:08:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are very optimistic
    Is it our strength at QB that has you feeling like THIS may be the year

HAHA

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2024, 08:30:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Praying a surprise showing even a scare for OSU not saying a Hugh win maybe not even close just not a push over. OSU games we have had in the shoe has been a place we have had our opportunities to win against what has been said at the time, the greatest OSU team ever. Play the game you never know. Go Herd!

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2024, 08:47:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Praying a surprise showing even a scare for OSU not saying a Hugh win maybe not even close just not a push over. OSU games we have had in the shoe has been a place we have had our opportunities to win against what has been said at the time, the greatest OSU team ever. Play the game you never know. Go Herd!

Those OSU teams weren't great teams. We lose this year by at least 40. I just hope it's not one of those 77-7 type games. Even Meyer and Tressel said this is the most talented team they have seen.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2024, 08:47:49 AM »

Offline Big City

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2024, 10:07:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad the team won't go into the game with this attitude.

Daggone, I just don't get some of yall. You say you want to compete against the best, at the highest level and when Marshall gets the chance theres no chance, no shot, not even a prayer. If someone mentions dropping down a level or a split off- tantrums are thrown. Feelings are hurt when Marshall is passed over for FAU, UAB, UTSA etc.

Guess I better sell my 4 tickets now. I don't want to see the team I've cheered, rooted for and supported for ~50 years take the field and play against one of the most storied and best programs in CFB get beat.

If you step back and think about Marshall's history, there's a possibility of not even having a football program and taking the field against OSU is an accomplishment in itself. Sure OSU is loaded. Bought and paid for. The deck is and has always been stacked against The Herd. One of the MANY reasons I love my school! I wouldn't miss this one for anything!

LFG!! If you're scared, get a dog.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, whf, muherd34, HerdEcon, Johnnyherd, puma

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2024, 10:28:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Daggone, I just don't get some of yall. You say you want to compete against the best, at the highest level and when Marshall gets the chance theres no chance, no shot, not even a prayer. If someone mentions dropping down a level or a split off- tantrums are thrown. Feelings are hurt when Marshall is passed over for FAU, UAB, UTSA etc.

Guess I better sell my 4 tickets now. I don't want to see the team I've cheered, rooted for and supported for ~50 years take the field and play against one of the most storied and best programs in CFB get beat.

If you step back and think about Marshall's history, there's a possibility of not even having a football program and taking the field against OSU is an accomplishment in itself. Sure OSU is loaded. Bought and paid for. The deck is and has always been stacked against The Herd. One of the MANY reasons I love my school! I wouldn't miss this one for anything!

Sadly reality will set in on game day. This won't be ND.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2024, 03:08:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Playing Ohio State is opportunity to shine in front of the NFL scouts.  Players should be hyped.  Individually OSU players are only microscopically better than Herd players.  It?s just they have a lot more depth of quality and playing against high level teams.  Herd players seem to make good pros.  We just need more future pros.  Our DL needs to shine and we need to run the ball and make them defend the entire field.  Tough schedule in front of the Herd!  Win them all might be ranked Top 3 in nation. 
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 03:11:26 PM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2024, 04:02:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Playing Ohio State is opportunity to shine in front of the NFL scouts.  Players should be hyped.  Individually OSU players are only microscopically better than Herd players.  It?s just they have a lot more depth of quality and playing against high level teams.  Herd players seem to make good pros.  We just need more future pros.  Our DL needs to shine and we need to run the ball and make them defend the entire field.  Tough schedule in front of the Herd!  Win them all might be ranked Top 3 in nation.

We will see on game day. Nothing would make me happier than a win but this is going to be a good old fashion butt kicking unless OSU calls off the dogs early.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #16 on: June 26, 2024, 04:47:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I love seeing some positivity and being a Marshall fan should mean supporting and believing in our kids, no matter what, and not turning your back on our kids ever. 

We should change our fan culture from constant negativity, hate and anger. 
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 04:51:02 PM by Johnnyherd »

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, Big City, HerdEcon

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2024, 06:27:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think this years Herd team will get better as the season goes on.  Opposite of last year.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2024, 06:27:21 PM »