Author Topic: NCAA says Marijuana is Legal  (Read 823 times)

Offline HerdEcon

NCAA says Marijuana is Legal
« on: June 27, 2024, 12:07:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Legal or not, NCAA removes marijuana from banned substance list.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/ncaa-votes-to-remove-marijuana-from-banned-substances-list-for-college-athletes/

HerdFans.com

NCAA says Marijuana is Legal
    « on: June 27, 2024, 12:07:38 AM »

Offline gochneaur645

Re: NCAA says Marijuana is Legal
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 12:41:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Insane that it ever wasn't.

Ohio recreational dispensaries are set to open any day now. Can't wait to drive over to Proctorville for some of the legal good stuff.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024, 05:35:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Ohio recreational dispensaries are set to open any day now. Can't wait to drive over to Proctorville for some of the legal good stuff.

Man, I don't know about Proctorville. What if someone from work sees you lol.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 09:34:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man, I don't know about Proctorville. What if someone from work sees you lol.
    Just make like a Baptist in a liquor store.  Head down, eyes down no eye contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Big Ol' Hillbilly

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 09:38:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because I Got High, a classic!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2024, 09:38:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's getting to the point the only thing frowned on by the NCAA is not being in the SEC or B10.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, mr_ash_1995, svherd, HerdEcon, chris88, BraveSaintStuart, elginherd

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #6 on: June 27, 2024, 10:46:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Bro, be careful and don?t tell people that you transported across state lines.  Don?t keep the receipt on you and if the WV police catch you remain silent.

The following users thanked this post: puma

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2024, 02:04:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bro, be careful and don?t tell people that you transported across state lines.  Don?t keep the receipt on you and if the WV police catch you remain silent.

Hard to remain silent while you remain high, but it is good advice.

Always thought WV should have skipped the progressive steps of medical THC to medicinal use to open dispensary and just gone straight to legal and taxed the crap out of it.  Still cheaper than getting on the street and better quality control.  We'd have drawn neighboring states to us for procurement instead of taking money out of state.  And, we have plenty of local growers already.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, Johnnyherd, puma

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: June 27, 2024, 02:20:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think I smell and NIL deal...wait a minute...that's not what I smell.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2024, 02:36:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was always impossible to stop college players from doing it anyways.  Get caught and still risk doing it.  Glad it?s over. 

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2024, 02:38:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Always thought WV should have skipped the progressive steps of medical THC to medicinal use to open dispensary and just gone straight to legal and taxed the crap out of it.  Still cheaper than getting on the street and better quality control.  We'd have drawn neighboring states to us for procurement instead of taking money out of state.  And, we have plenty of local growers already.

Welcome to Joan C. Edwards Staidum and Green Thumb Industries "Skunk Weed" Field. 

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, MUther

Offline muherd34

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2024, 07:37:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hard to remain silent while you remain high, but it is good advice.

Always thought WV should have skipped the progressive steps of medical THC to medicinal use to open dispensary and just gone straight to legal and taxed the crap out of it.  Still cheaper than getting on the street and better quality control.  We'd have drawn neighboring states to us for procurement instead of taking money out of state.  And, we have plenty of local growers already.

WV is as always, a step behind.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2024, 07:37:50 PM »

Offline chris88

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2024, 10:26:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now I know what the NIL money is for
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2024, 10:33:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Back to athletics, no one wants to watch a LB or goalie who would rather be on a couch eating Cheetos play.  It's now up to the institutions to enforce "don't play or practice high" rules. 

Offline MUther

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2024, 10:25:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WV is as always, a step behind.

Always so afraid of offending the bible thumpers over what's in the best interest of the state and it's economy.  At the point where it's legal in half the country and a short drive for WV residents to find it, the morality of God-given marijuana seems moot.

While I believe in God in a personal way, I've never liked religion.  It's always been used as a shield and a spear to control others.  Essentially, it's none of their damn business what other people like to do if it doesn't harm anyone else or cost them anything.  Weed has only ever been dangerous because of the illegality of it and having to remain an underground business.  It's not like heroin or cocaine where it takes a toll on society for medical/rehabilitation care and the very real chance that someone will harm others for drugs or money for drugs.  And if it'd had been legal all along it would be no more a gateway drug than alcohol is.   Dealing with shady characters to get marijuana is where people are introduced to other, more harmful drugs.

It was only ever made illegal because it would have economically obliterated the cotton industry back in the day and could be grown anywhere.  Had nothing to do with getting people high.  Meanwhile tobacco flourishes to this day having killed half the population in one way or another for centuries.  But you can't make textiles out of tobacco.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, gochneaur645, elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2024, 12:23:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Always so afraid of offending the bible thumpers over what's in the best interest of the state and it's economy.  At the point where it's legal in half the country and a short drive for WV residents to find it, the morality of God-given marijuana seems moot.

While I believe in God in a personal way, I've never liked religion.  It's always been used as a shield and a spear to control others.  Essentially, it's none of their damn business what other people like to do if it doesn't harm anyone else or cost them anything.  Weed has only ever been dangerous because of the illegality of it and having to remain an underground business.  It's not like heroin or cocaine where it takes a toll on society for medical/rehabilitation care and the very real chance that someone will harm others for drugs or money for drugs.  And if it'd had been legal all along it would be no more a gateway drug than alcohol is.   Dealing with shady characters to get marijuana is where people are introduced to other, more harmful drugs.

It was only ever made illegal because it would have economically obliterated the cotton industry back in the day and could be grown anywhere.  Had nothing to do with getting people high.  Meanwhile tobacco flourishes to this day having killed half the population in one way or another for centuries.  But you can't make textiles out of tobacco.

It wasn't so much the higher THC hemp that king cotton wanted to kill or limit.
    Hemp was strategically important to the world's militaries up until polymers had been developed into useful applications.

You are correct regarding hemp vs cotton...cotton is not nearly as environmentally friendly as hemp.

AFA tobacco vs Mary Jane, I would suspect that how the dope is consumed has a lot to do with harmful effects. Deeply inhaling any products of burning plants cannot be great for anybody's lungs. 
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    « Reply #16 on: June 28, 2024, 12:40:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    . Weed has only ever been dangerous because of the illegality of it and having to remain an underground business.  It's not like heroin or cocaine where it takes a toll on society for medical/rehabilitation care 

I don?t think that?s exactly correct, Alcohol and Cigarettes have a massive effect our health care systems and Marijuana will effect it too.  To what degree is unknown.  There are numerous cases of marijuana causing a 200 heart rate and people acting in a state of paranoia or hallucinating, hurting themselves or others.  I would agree it?s not nearly as bad as alcohol but marijuana is not harmless. 

I think cigarettes, alcohol and marijuana should all be taxed and that money be given directly to hospitals.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2024, 12:48:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not a get off my lawn old guy but it is naive to think weed is a good thing.  Several studies have shown that in cities that have legalized weed, it has led to a dependent culture and reduced productivity.

Take a trip to Denver and it is a crap city with a bunch of zombies walking around and now they are trying to wrangle it back in after legalizing pot.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2024, 01:00:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not a get off my lawn old guy but it is naive to think weed is a good thing.  Several studies have shown that in cities that have legalized weed, it has led to a dependent culture and reduced productivity.

I would love to see your sources for that because it sounds completely made up.

Take a trip to Denver and it is a crap city with a bunch of zombies walking around and now they are trying to wrangle it back in after legalizing pot.

I was in Denver a few years ago, and it's an amazing city. One of the fastest growing in the country. There are "zombies" walking around in every city of any size, and it has absolutely nothing to do with weed.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2024, 02:32:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Always so afraid of offending the bible thumpers over what's in the best interest of the state and it's economy.  At the point where it's legal in half the country and a short drive for WV residents to find it, the morality of God-given marijuana seems moot.

Too many of the ultra religious confuse what they claims worshiping god, with really thinking they ARE god.

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2024, 02:38:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looked like Biden smoked a big doob before he went on stage last night. He did have that look.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    « Reply #21 on: June 28, 2024, 02:51:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have been to Denver three times on business, all before Covid.  I didn?t necessarily see zombies, what I saw was about 2000 18-35 year olds living in the streets trying to bum money and weed from everyone that walked by them.

I actually talked to a Denver cop about it and he said, they do petty theft here and there, but they are mostly not violent.  He said the problem is they dont shower and they sh!t on the street and harass people.  The can?t have public bathrooms they destroy them.  The mall has to have more security because they try to hide in the mall and live there.  When it rains the huddle in front of businesses under the awnings.  They are a major nuisance.

The main thing I worry about is laziness.  The current generation doesn?t work hard as it is and I hate to compound their laziness.

Also I will say I have some in-law family members that are potheads and they get government assistance for everything the can, but one thing they never do is go without marijuana and cigarettes.  They prioritize them before food for their children.  They also say that it?s not addicting, but they are miserable without it and overjoyed when they just scored a decent amount.

Amsterdam has recently adopted some new thinking of having a city full of people that are high as hell, because their city residents are tired of the nonsense.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 03:00:17 PM by Johnnyherd »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2024, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2024, 03:06:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Also I will say I have some in-law family members that are potheads and they get government assistance for everything the can, but one thing they never do is go without marijuana and cigarettes.  They prioritize them before food for their children.  They also say that it?s not addicting, but they are miserable without it and overjoyed when they just scored a decent amount.

That says a lot more about your in-laws than it does anything else. Sounds like they're gonna continue to be that way no matter what. I hang out with people who smoke weed every day while holding down six figure jobs and raising great families. Responsible people will enjoy things while being responsible, and losers will be losers no matter what substance they are or aren't on.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline herd2win

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2024, 03:10:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would love to see your sources for that because it sounds completely made up.

I was in Denver a few years ago, and it's an amazing city. One of the fastest growing in the country. There are "zombies" walking around in every city of any size, and it has absolutely nothing to do with weed.

Go to Denver now that it has had a couple of years of legalized weed.  They just had to have a special session to limit the weed shops because there were more pot shops than Starbucks.  Communities were complaining so they have cut off new stores.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2024, 03:25:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go to Denver now that it has had a couple of years of legalized weed.  They just had to have a special session to limit the weed shops because there were more pot shops than Starbucks.  Communities were complaining so they have cut off new stores.

Just read the story you're talking about. It was all about having too many dispensaries opening up in certain neighborhoods. Doesn't mean weed is bad or people there are regretting making it legal.

Most recent polling in Colorado (the whole state, not just Denver) shows 71% support for weed legalization over a decade after it's been legal. Support has gone up over that time. I was there 6 or 7 years after it had become legal.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2024, 03:25:06 PM »