Author Topic: Thundercast guys on Marshall  (Read 1180 times)

Offline MUther

Thundercast guys on Marshall
« on: July 03, 2024, 09:03:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, carolinaherdfan, HerdEcon, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Thundercast guys on Marshall
    « on: July 03, 2024, 09:03:01 PM »

Online Always THE HERD

Re: Thundercast guys on Marshall
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 10:28:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just my opinion, but I would like to hear a broadcast soon that is devoted to men's basketball only.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 11:34:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• If Herd is relying on Jadarius Green for anything expect Toast #2 fold.  Might not win 4 games
    Guy needs to be 185 not 215.  Always add weight add weight.  That?s not always what?s needed.  It can more and more hinder the athlete.  And it hasn?t worked out for him here yet.  Go a different direction.  His issue is he has slow read and reaction and misses tackles
    This team will be opposite of last years team.  This team will get better as season rolls along. 
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 11:55:57 PM by MicDrass1 »

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 12:22:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot of questions on both sides of the ball.  This really feels like a rebuilding year. 

Factoring in the transfer portal, what does a rebuilding year even look like now?  Rebuilding doesn't mean a bunch of players with zero experience anymore.  Thanks to the portal a team could come out during a rebuilding year and be better than the year before or contend for a championship. 

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline MUther

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 07:17:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just my opinion, but I would like to hear a broadcast soon that is devoted to men's basketball only.

Make one.  This is from a G5 football podcast doing one on all the G5 teams.  Has nothing to with Marshall other than it being this week's subject matter.

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 12:09:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Make one.  This is from a G5 football podcast doing one on all the G5 teams.  Has nothing to with Marshall other than it being this week's subject matter.
    1. If it's not about Marshall "specifically", it should not be on Herdfans. It should either be on Tavern off the Greem or The Zoo.
    2. I actually mean, I would like to hear/see more Thundercast videos about men's basketball.

Offline MUther

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2024, 10:34:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1. If it's not about Marshall "specifically", it should not be on Herdfans. It should either be on Tavern off the Greem or The Zoo.
    2. I actually mean, I would like to hear/see more Thundercast videos about men's basketball.

Edit: Not worth arguing with someone that dense.  Stay on topic or go somewhere else.
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 12:27:18 PM by MUther »

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, ru4mu2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024, 12:11:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i can't knock the glass half full views about several position groups.  High on TE and WR but i'm not sure about WR.  i don't know who wouldn't agree about QB, OL, LB and edge rush- and running game by committee.  understandable they didn't mention kickers and punters but nonetheless

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2024, 12:22:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1. This episode is about Marshall.  The guys that produced it are not Marshall fans.  They were interviewing the Thundercast guys.  They don't do basketball stuff.  Basketball isn't relevant to the topic.
    2. Bringing up basketball in a football thread is off-topic, especially when you didn't even bother to watch what was offered or you would have known it was all about Marshall football even when the show isn't always about Marshall like the Thundercast is.
    I should have made myself more clear. I do enjoy football, but my passion is basketball. It appears (at lease to me) that the Thundercast guys are more into football than most other sports (and I guess that's ok). As I said earlier, I would just like to see, hear & read much more about the men's basketball program (regardless of who is the coach). Do not mean to appear as being argumentative, so please don't take it that way.

Offline MUther

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2024, 12:25:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i can't knock the glass half full views about several position groups.  High on TE and WR but i'm not sure about WR.  i don't know who wouldn't agree about QB, OL, LB and edge rush- and running game by committee.  understandable they didn't mention kickers and punters but nonetheless

I liked they were high on the edge group as well as TE and they made the WR seem like a good, deep group, too.  Problem with WR and TE is, can someone get the ball to them?  Hope we have a couple of guys that know how to position themselves so defenders can't intercept and that can get to anything in their space.  We cannot give up drives to interceptions this year.  That's #1 on the list for improvement, imo.  Second would be pass protection.  We do those two things well and we win 2 more games on that, alone.
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 12:35:46 PM by MUther »

Offline Doing it the Herd Way

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2024, 01:09:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We weren?t asked about Special Teams and the episode had already ran long. We were prepared to discuss ST as we have already published our episode on that position group. However, this year more than any other year just has so much unknown until you see it on the field.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, MUonium

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2024, 01:25:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I should have made myself more clear. I do enjoy football, but my passion is basketball. It appears (at lease to me) that the Thundercast guys are more into football than most other sports (and I guess that's ok). As I said earlier, I would just like to see, hear & read much more about the men's basketball program (regardless of who is the coach). Do not mean to appear as being argumentative, so please don't take it that way.

We are not more into Football. We cover every sport and have done plenty of Basketball discussion, Men?s and Women?s. Two things lead to more discussion of Football:  1. It lends itself to easier discussion during the season because games are overwhelmingly on Saturdays. That allows for a good preview of matchups and postgame breakdown. Just the nature of the scheduling. 2) It is by far the most-watched and most-attended sport not only here at Marshall but across the country. It is what gets the most views and listens as well. If we average 16k per home football game, that is atrocious, yet that would an absurdly high attendance for any of our other sports. I wish we had the attendance and interest in all our sports that Football gets.

My (Rus here) favorite sport is actually Baseball, but you can?t put out previews and breakdowns of every game five days a week while holding down a full-time career on top of this side project we simply do for fun.

But yeah, if you watched or listened to the shows, Rodney Bentley, your complaints about them may hold more water. But you don?t so they don?t. We?ll catch you the next time we are mentioned.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, Big City, jdonaccbus

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2024, 01:25:13 PM »

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2024, 01:38:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are not more into Football. We cover every sport and have done plenty of Basketball discussion, Men?s and Women?s. Two things lead to more discussion of Football:  1. It lends itself to easier discussion during the season because games are overwhelmingly on Saturdays. That allows for a good preview of matchups and postgame breakdown. Just the nature of the scheduling. 2) It is by far the most-watched and most-attended sport not only here at Marshall but across the country. It is what gets the most views and listens as well. If we average 16k per home football game, that is atrocious, yet that would an absurdly high attendance for any of our other sports. I wish we had the attendance and interest in all our sports that Football gets.

My (Rus here) favorite sport is actually Baseball, but you can?t put out previews and breakdowns of every game five days a week while holding down a full-time career on top of this side project we simply do for fun.

But yeah, if you watched or listened to the shows, Rodney Bentley, your complaints about them may hold more water. But you don?t so they don?t. We?ll catch you the next time we are mentioned.
    Did not mean to come across as "complaining". I was just trying to say that I prefer men's basketball; I do listen to your shows more than you may realize. Have a good day.

Offline Big City

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2024, 01:41:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1. If it's not about Marshall "specifically", it should not be on Herdfans. It should either be on Tavern off the Greem or The Zoo.

You are way off. Topics and content like this belong right here on the main board. It's silly commentary like this that spiral out of control that ultimately result in being moved to the zoo or tavern.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Offline MUonium

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2024, 01:44:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We weren?t asked about Special Teams and the episode had already ran long. We were prepared to discuss ST as we have already published our episode on that position group. However, this year more than any other year just has so much unknown until you see it on the field.

i get it- nothing negative intended.  i enjoyed it and thanks for carrying on the love for Herd football/AD. 
    i'm concerned specifically about kicking, not so much the rest of SPT since we know most of the key positions are drawn from both O and D rotation guys, if not starters.  however, that's not to say every player in very recent times who put a foot to the ball have been bad.  perhaps just average or not consistent enough??

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2024, 01:54:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i get it- nothing negative intended.  i enjoyed it and thanks for carrying on the love for Herd football/AD.

I didn?t take it negatively, just explaining that we only answered the questions asked of us by the hosts of the show we were on. Just being transparent for everyone that may be wondering. It wasn?t a collaboration, we were just asked to be on their show.

I share your concern about kicking, but we have had a very good run of punters. We have just had the inconsistency on field goals.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2024, 01:54:25 PM »