Author Topic: SHR:Nijaree Canady transfers from Stanford to Texas Tech for 7 figures  (Read 604 times)

Offline elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Starting QB? no
    Starting men's PG? no
    Starting WR or edge rusher? no

She's a pitcher, a softball pitcher at that.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Starting QB? no
    Starting men's PG? no
    Starting WR or edge rusher? no

She's a pitcher, a softball pitcher at that.

Best team money can buy I guess. Most of cash from 1 couple and a host of endorsement deals.

"Canady entered the portal on June 17 after leading Stanford to back-to-back Women's College World Series appearances in 2023 and 2024, carrying an 0.67 ERA with 555 strikeouts in 365⅔ innings across her freshman and sophomore seasons with the Cardinal.".  Texas Tech coach was at SBC school Louisiana until he left after this just concluded season. He took 5 Louisiana players with him to Texas Tech
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online Scottyo614

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's a beast. And I love it! For a couple years I've been very ehh toward softball with the idea earnings are limited. Game just changed for everyone.

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's a beast. And I love it! For a couple years I've been very ehh toward softball with the idea earnings are limited. Game just changed for everyone.
    Yes, it became much worse.  You think it's great?  Wait till anyone we have that is any kind of decent starts asking for that ind of money or leaves for that kind of money.  What it means is no sport is buffered from the madness and that only costs schools like us more money we don't have or forfeit the ability to compete.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline VA Herd Fan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, it became much worse.  You think it's great?  Wait till anyone we have that is any kind of decent starts asking for that ind of money or leaves for that kind of money.  What it means is no sport is buffered from the madness and that only costs schools like us more money we don't have or forfeit the ability to compete.
    I will always encourage and support anyone making as much as they can so good for her. However it is destroying college athletics and makes it less enjoyable to watch.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

The following users thanked this post: chris88, MUther

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will always encourage and support anyone making as much as they can so good for her. However it is destroying college athletics and makes it less enjoyable to watch.

I don't blame her, either.  I blame the system that has lost all reason.  There have to be caps that are affordable at each level and if that means the G5 has to be on a different level then so be it.  We all know it's headed there anyway.  We need to be setting up a bylaw system that removes teams from this division that break them.  Bring some sanity back to college sports and maintain amateurism.  There is a market for this because so many people hate the way it is headed.  See it every day.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, chris88

HerdFans.com