Author Topic: Next level recruiting tools  (Read 535 times)

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Head Coach
  • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
Next level recruiting tools
« on: July 29, 2024, 11:28:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

HerdFans.com

Next level recruiting tools
    « on: July 29, 2024, 11:28:20 PM »

Online BigJimslade

Re: Next level recruiting tools
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 07:06:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • None of that matters much

Fluff

Offline herd2win

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2024, 07:50:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It does matter.  Not every recruit is getting big money for NIL.  Marshall can compete with our peer universities and having our own planes and helicopters can be a plus.  There may be a recruit that wants to major in aviation.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, svherd

Offline MUonium

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 08:51:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • other than pictures of very nice paint jobs how are they used for recruiting?  would the copter actually pick up a recruit at the airport and bring them to the Joan or elsewhere nearby?

The following users thanked this post: BigJimslade

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024, 02:25:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • other than pictures of very nice paint jobs how are they used for recruiting?  would the copter actually pick up a recruit at the airport and bring them to the Joan or elsewhere nearby?

A couple of years ago the Penn State head football coach flew to a high school football practice in a helicopter to a Richmond, VA area high school to visit a recruit. The recruit was impressed.

I am no expert, but I guess the aircraft could be used to ferry coaches on recruiting visits. The new Women's Basketball Coach was flow to HTS on a Marshall plane for her press conference. I am not about flying recruits on a Marshall plane with the possible liability issues?
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2024, 02:43:14 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2024, 04:30:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A couple of years ago the Penn State head football coach flew to a high school football practice in a helicopter to a Richmond, VA area high school to visit a recruit. The recruit was impressed.

I am no expert, but I guess the aircraft could be used to ferry coaches on recruiting visits. The new Women's Basketball Coach was flow to HTS on a Marshall plane for her press conference. I am not about flying recruits on a Marshall plane with the possible liability issues?

Frank Cignetti flew a helicopter down to South Charleston in 1976 to recruit Robert Alexander. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Online BigJimslade

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2024, 05:10:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A helicopter with MU on it is not gonna be a result producing recruiting tool

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2024, 05:10:19 PM »