Author Topic: Impressive Prices  (Read 808 times)

Online herd2win

Impressive Prices
« on: August 04, 2024, 10:10:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My daughter will be a freshman at App St (she loves to snowboard as I pushed her to go to MU).   All App St games pretty much sell out but Parents weekend is Sept 27th against Liberty and tickets are around $300 per seat.

Great if you can get it.

HerdFans.com

Impressive Prices
    « on: August 04, 2024, 10:10:59 AM »

Online Flat Tire 2

Re: Impressive Prices
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2024, 10:55:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not sure of the availability, but per the Appy website, tickets for family weekend/Liberty start at $100. The Black weekend with JMU starts at $90 and the rest of the games start at $60.
    https://appstatesports.com/news/2024/5/23/2024-football-single-game-ticket-update.aspx

It looks like Appy's stadium has seating for around  27,550. They list a capacity at 40,000 but that must includ standing room area in the one  open end zone? UVA; Clemson and other schools also have standing room areas in one of their end empty end zones. Having 20,000 students helps to fill up the place. Appy only sales about 11,000 season tickets. I don't know what Marshall sells now, but we use to sell over 13,000 in some of the years when we were winning. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidd_Brewer_Stadium
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 10:57:01 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Online whf

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2024, 11:05:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not sure of the availability, but per the Appy website, tickets for family weekend/Liberty start at $100. The Black weekend with JMU starts at $90 and the rest of the games start at $60.
    https://appstatesports.com/news/2024/5/23/2024-football-single-game-ticket-update.aspx

It looks like Appy's stadium has seating for around  27,550. They list a capacity at 40,000 but that must includ standing room area in the one  open end zone? UVA; Clemson and other schools also have standing room areas in one of their end empty end zones. Having 20,000 students helps to fill up the place. Appy only sales about 11,000 season tickets. I don't know what Marshall sells now, but we use to sell over 13,000 in some of the years when we were winning. 
    There is nothing like "land", wish we had some of it in the MU area.  App State is a very tough place to go to a game, the terrain is difficult and the concessions on the visitor side leave a great deal to be desired. BUT...they do have SRO land for students and very energetic younger fans.  Oddly enough, the stadium is much more compact than the Joan, giving it a massive advantage for the home team.  It is loud because it is in a bowl, sitting in a hole.....from the stand design.  Parking if very difficult, but folks stay in the stands when they get there.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Online herd2win

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 11:16:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Liberty game is sold out with no tickets available.  Any ticket sites might have a few for around $200 but most are near $300 and I also need 4 together.

Students do turn out around 15000 a game just in students.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2024, 11:32:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • North Carolina has benefited from a large population of over 10 million and is ranked at #9. Georgia is #8 with over with 11 million and Virginia is #12 with 8.7 million and Florida is now #3 with 30.5 million. State college in those states are busting at the seams; UGA and UFL have capped their enrollments and becoming very selective schools. Some of the state supported HBC schools are gaining white enrollment due to the lack of college space.  Unfortunately WV is #40 with 1.7 million with too many state supported schools and not enough students.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2024, 05:17:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • North Carolina?s government aren?t petty and childish like WV government and have promoted that North Carolina college and Universities make a priority to schedule in state competition to keep their money in state, allowing all fans to simply drive to away games and to build rivalries.

So App State should really be able to charge good money and profit from getting games from NC, NC State and East Carolina.

Online elginherd

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2024, 05:53:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The petty regionalism has hurt WV for many decades.
    There are so many examples to cite that it's impossible to remember to list them all.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, Johnnyherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2024, 12:37:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • North Carolina?s government aren?t petty and childish like WV government and have promoted that North Carolina college and Universities make a priority to schedule in state competition to keep their money in state, allowing all fans to simply drive to away games and to build rivalries.

So App State should really be able to charge good money and profit from getting games from NC, NC State and East Carolina.

North Carolina and Virginia are more progressive overall in almost all phases of life than backward West Virginia, which suffers from way, way TOO MUCH "inbreeding", both biological and mental!   In both states you won't find one University touted and worshiped as, and referred to, the "FLAGSHIP", like is done here in WV, since that's what the horses' rear ends up in Morganhole INSIST their school be called!!  Instead, the people, and governments, of those States insist upon, and sufficiently support, Quality Systems of Higher Education Institutions overall.  That's a major reason why Virginia is rated at the top, or near thereto, in State business climates/economies overall in the Nation.  North Carolina, I'm sure, is not far behind.  As for ole West Virginny, well, too many of its citizens are blissfully happy residing at the "bottom of the barrel"!!!
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 01:02:46 AM by coalherd »

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2024, 07:02:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats on your Daughter going to App. My Daughter was there the year they beat Michigan. Despite me dragging her to everywhere there was a Satellite Dish on some remote station to watch the Herd as a kid. Being a Herd alum I always bleed green in every Herd sport. Apps fans are like Marshall, die hard where winning matters. Bringing in a great QB has them projected at the top. Their coach went from on the hot seat to an EAST championship. No reason ours can?t.
    "The Herd #1"

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2024, 07:02:50 AM »