Author Topic: Captive Audience  (Read 565 times)

Offline herd2win

Captive Audience
« on: August 25, 2024, 01:15:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My daughter is a freshman at App St and one of the reasons she picked App was football.  They play McNeese St Saturday and she and many of her friends were not even able to get tickets as all of the student allotment was sold out.

This seems like a bad system when the actual students that are paying to go to school can't even get a ticket to a game.

Most of their home games are already sold out.  I am going to get her one in the after market but shouldn't have to as we are paying athletic fees and a membership to their student booster club.

HerdFans.com

Captive Audience
    « on: August 25, 2024, 01:15:29 PM »

Online CoachMaclid

Re: Captive Audience
    « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 02:16:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was a student at Marshall during 1998-2001.  We had a few games in that era (Toledo 1999 is one I specifically recall when Fowler, Herbstreit, and Corso called the game) where the student allotment was sold out, so that situation is not unHERD of.  I think that is a pretty good gauge of how excited the local area and student body are for football at a school.

This, unfortunately, has not been a problem for us in close to a decade.  We HAVE to find a really exciting hire here when we get another chance likely at the end of this season.
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 02:59:33 PM by CoachMaclid »

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 02:50:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My niece graduated from the University of Texas. They had a student lottery, in her four years she won tickets to 4 games.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 03:43:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could always transfer

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2024, 04:42:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could always transfer

Yep.  As noted above, ticket availability is "No Problem-O" in Herdville!!

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 12:43:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And? Unc is based on a lottery and points.  You want to get tickets to a basketball game?  You better be going to that women's field hockey game the month before and hit up the men's cross country meet too just to make sure

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 12:43:34 PM »