Author Topic: NHR: PAC 2 (12) Eyeing Tulane and Memphis  (Read 1086 times)

Offline GreenBison

Re: NHR: PAC 2 (12) Eyeing Tulane and Memphis
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2024, 12:11:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really like the SBC and would hate to lose App or JMU.  I am guessing the AAC would go after JMU first, ODU second and then App.  Based on their big market approach last time.  App has a tiny market and is very niche.

AAC will try to take MWC schools, mainly AirForce. They?ve tried 2 times before and I?m sure ESPN wants schools outside of their umbrella which the SBC is under.
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 12:13:05 PM by GreenBison »
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2024, 12:11:08 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2024, 04:09:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AAC will try to take MWC schools, mainly AirForce. They?ve tried 2 times before and I?m sure ESPN wants schools outside of their umbrella which the SBC is under.

I read online where the AAC conference has reached out to The Air Force Academy for there inclusion into AAC conference.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 01:31:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Memphis and Tulane leave, Sunbelt should be proactive and invite ECU, USF, Tulsa and UAB.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 01:55:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Memphis and Tulane leave, Sunbelt should be proactive and invite ECU, USF, Tulsa and UAB.

At the current situation, I don't think they could afford to go to the SBC. Below is a post I made on the subject in another thread.

I don't see ECU coming to the SBC unless the  AAC conference falls apart. From the ECU fans I have talked to, they don't the money ($10 Million) for the buyout or exit fee.

"The AAC has an exit fee of $10 million and requires its members to give a 27-month notice of departure. If a school leaves before 27 months, the exit fee increases to a negotiated amount. Sources tell The Enquirer that Cincinnati will pay a buyout of $18 million over a 14-year span to depart early."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2022/06/10/cincinnati-exit-aac-join-big-12-conference-july-1-2023/7554707001/
    Modify message

Offline svherd

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 01:58:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would be interested in ECU and UAB only. One east and one west. Keep the league as geographically compact as possible. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: GreenDaddy

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 03:22:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would be interested in ECU and UAB only. One east and one west. Keep the league as geographically compact as possible. jmo
    I'm not a fan of UAB at all. I'm a little perplexed as to why anyone would want the. They were literally a hair from dropping the football program. I would think LA Tech would be a better fit for the Sunbelt over UAB. ECU?.....100%
     yes

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

Offline svherd

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 04:34:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not a fan of UAB at all. I'm a little perplexed as to why anyone would want the. They were literally a hair from dropping the football program. I would think LA Tech would be a better fit for the Sunbelt over UAB. ECU?.....100%
     yes

I picked UAB because they seem to have a better overall program than LA Tech and others. But they would be in the west division, so I don't really care who it is. LOL!
    The consensus for the east is ECU and that would be a great get. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 09:32:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not a fan of UAB at all. I'm a little perplexed as to why anyone would want the. They were literally a hair from dropping the football program. I would think LA Tech would be a better fit for the Sunbelt over UAB. ECU?.....100%
     yes

I like LaTech also, but the problem is that would put 3 teams in Louisiana along with the Conference HQ. Remember how that worked out in CUSA with 4 Texas schools and the Conference HQ in Texas? I don't want to tempt fate again.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 09:32:41 PM »