Author Topic: Mark Snyder Should Be Fired Right Now!  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Up5491yours

• Practice Squad
Mark Snyder Should Be Fired Right Now!
« on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If something isn't done this season we are witnessing the DEATH of Marshall Football.   We will not recover from this man's destruction of our program.   He is not a head coach nor will he ever be one.   He will never win and at this point the only thing to be determined is when he will be fired, not if.  I will not give another dime to support this program until he is gone.

HerdFans.com

« on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:35 AM »

Offline luvherd

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:20:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I admit we aren't very fun to watch but this one is on the players. Turnovers and the holding penalty cost us this game. We are young with the exception of Bernie and Legarski. Is Snyder the man to rebuild this team? I don't know but this is a young and injured team.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:30:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think at some point the players need to share the responsibility.  Bad things I saw happen last night had nothing to do with the coaches.

Offline thunder627

• Rookie
    « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:47:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "W0lfman"
    I think at some point the players need to share the responsibility.  Bad things I saw happen last night had nothing to do with the coaches.

Coaches are hired to recruit and coach. Head coach is accountable.

Offline I'm4theHerd

• Rookie
    « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I watched the game, I couldn't help noticing how unsure Snyder looks on the sideline. He is pacing up and down the sideline, looks very sweaty, and doesn't look like he has a clue what is going on. His mannerisms and  his body language tells me that we don't have the right person to lead this program. Based on the extension Kopp gave Snyder, I know that we are going to have to live with this for the next couple of years and I truly hope I'm wrong, and this program turns around, but we are sinking fast.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 08:35:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only do we have a bunch of college head coaches on the board now we have people who can read people and tell exactly what they are thinking.  Man how lucky are we.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 08:40:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "I'm4theHerd"
    As I watched the game, I couldn't help noticing how unsure Snyder looks on the sideline. He is pacing up and down the sideline, looks very sweaty, and doesn't look like he has a clue what is going on. His mannerisms and  his body language tells me that we don't have the right person to lead this program. Based on the extension Kopp gave Snyder, I know that we are going to have to live with this for the next couple of years and I truly hope I'm wrong, and this program turns around, but we are sinking fast.

I thought the exact same thing. He looks like a figurehead marching on the sidelines... he actually appears to be confused. I know he's not a dope, but even if we're young, even if we're injured, even if we're rebuilding, at this point WE SHOULD BE SEEING MARKED IMPROVEMENT! We seem to keep going backwards. Still seeing the penalties. Why would you go back to the pass with four minutes left, when you you just crused them with the running game. I just think we need a change, before this thing gets really out of control and the fans start giving up, recruits start seeing us as a joke, and the players just quit. This cannot continue any longer. I say bring in another experienced coach JIM DONNAN, to use the talent we have.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem is, this team always does enough to just lose.  Whether its stupid mistakes or just I don't know.

I look back to the Memphis game in 2005 and the ECU games last year as a pure reflection on the coaching abilities on this team.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:49:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many starters were missing on Defense last night?  We had a walkon starting at DT (Burkes),  Albert, Jacobs, Josh Johnson, Glasco, Moore, Aaron Johnson.  Come on guys I hope you are smart enough to know you are not going to beat people with those guys in street clothes.  We are snakebit right now now doubt but coach did not drop the snap on the field goal nor snap the ball on the groung to Morris or fumble inside Memphis territory.  We cant get a break but to blame this on everyone from snyder to marcum is insane.  We are beat up bad and we are young and playing walkons.  I know alot of you dont agree but I done with this board to much negative crap being put up about my beloved herd.  I am with them no matter what which alot of you are spoiled and have not witnessed the a$$ whippings we use to take at Fairfield Stadium.   :) We are not playing Furman and the Citadel any more.  We opened up with three top 30 teams and are beat up and then our conference is tougher than the one we were in.

Offline HERD93

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good post 17.......the only thing that bothers me is our never going down the field or across the middle with our passing attack.  On the defensive side of the ball, we seem to play soft on the corners allowing our opponent to dictate the outcome of any given play.  Really frustrating!

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "goherd17"
    How many starters were missing on Defense last night?  We had a walkon starting at DT (Burkes),  Albert, Jacobs, Josh Johnson, Glasco, Moore, Aaron Johnson.  Come on guys I hope you are smart enough to know you are not going to beat people with those guys in street clothes.  We are snakebit right now now doubt but coach did not drop the snap on the field goal nor snap the ball on the groung to Morris or fumble inside Memphis territory.  We cant get a break but to blame this on everyone from snyder to marcum is insane.  We are beat up bad and we are young and playing walkons.  I know alot of you dont agree but I done with this board to much negative crap being put up about my beloved herd.  I am with them no matter what which alot of you are spoiled and have not witnessed the a$$ whippings we use to take at Fairfield Stadium.   :) We are not playing Furman and the Citadel any more.  We opened up with three top 30 teams and are beat up and then our conference is tougher than the one we were in.

You're absolutely right and we're all with the Herd 100 percent, but some of this crap falls directly on the coaching staff. What are you going to say if we have a losing season next year?
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    How many starters were missing on Defense last night?  We had a walkon starting at DT (Burkes),  Albert, Jacobs, Josh Johnson, Glasco, Moore, Aaron Johnson.  Come on guys I hope you are smart enough to know you are not going to beat people with those guys in street clothes.  We are snakebit right now now doubt but coach did not drop the snap on the field goal nor snap the ball on the groung to Morris or fumble inside Memphis territory.  We cant get a break but to blame this on everyone from snyder to marcum is insane.  We are beat up bad and we are young and playing walkons.  I know alot of you dont agree but I done with this board to much negative crap being put up about my beloved herd.  I am with them no matter what which alot of you are spoiled and have not witnessed the a$$ whippings we use to take at Fairfield Stadium.   :) We are not playing Furman and the Citadel any more.  We opened up with three top 30 teams and are beat up and then our conference is tougher than the one we were in.

Really.....I guess the "players" made the last call  of the game for a 15 yard out pattern when it was 4th and 3 to lose the game???
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 09:13:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Memphis had several D starters out as well, thier QB was out, playing thier third game in 11 days and unfortunately had a very untimely death of a fellow player occurr less than 48 hours before playing us - and we are making excuses about our D?

Plain and simple, this team  and staff are searching for answers, we are very poorly prepared, offensive play calling is horrendous - too predictable and the poor mental and fundamental errors are the same in game 5 as they were in game 1. Snyder is losing this team and fan base quickly. He is lost!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Until some major changes are made, we will never improve.
    As the old saying goes "we have had the lick"

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 09:26:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "luvherd"
    I admit we aren't very fun to watch but this one is on the players. Turnovers and the holding penalty cost us this game. We are young with the exception of Bernie and Legarski. Is Snyder the man to rebuild this team? I don't know but this is a young and injured team.

Exactly. We have extremely talented kids (lots of them) playing with some kids who really shouldnt be on the feild if we was healthy. Yet everyone single one of them are making mistakes that they shouldnt make. They need to be more consistent throughout.

Plus we need a taller secondary. Those talll WR's killed us.

Offline P'villeHERDfan

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those talll WR's killed us.

Funny , we have tall recievers but we don't kill anybody .

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 09:33:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A. Johnson was in there.  You might remember he was getting beat deep all night.  I realize we are banged up on the DLine, but Josh Johnson was our only LB out.  All we heard about was how deep the LB corp were and how we could rotate in and out and the best we can come up with is move Will into middle linebacker?  Where are all the hyped recruits?  Harvey was on special teams, but I didnt see him on D.  I saw Kitchens make some plays.

Can someone explain where Hoskins, Booker, Harvey, Howard King, any of these guys were?

Offline marshallmom61

• Rookie
    Let's not lose faith! The boys need our support!
    « Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 09:38:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's not lose faith now when we are down and out - they boys need our support more than ever now and unless you have actually  played Division 1 college ball you will never understand what it is like.  Let's all hang in there guys and support our team - we will overcome this!

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 09:39:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • so SV, are you revising the breakout year for Snyder?  I forget, was it 08 or 09?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    Re: Let's not lose faith! The boys need our support!
    « Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 09:54:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "marshallmom61"
    Let's not lose faith now when we are down and out - they boys need our support more than ever now and unless you have actually  played Division 1 college ball you will never understand what it is like.  Let's all hang in there guys and support our team - we will overcome this!

Marshallmom, I fully support the boys out there.  I know they want to win.  Any of us who have played sports before know we all make mistakes and are our own harshest critics.  

I blame the men who are supposed to have these young men prepared.  We had 10 days to get ready for a 1 win team and have regressed since Miami.  It doesn't matter whether its D-1 or midget league, coaches get the players prepared mentally and physically to compete, they are the blame.

Online IM4DHERD

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 09:54:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mental errors by the players killed us - Marshall fumbled because he was clearly not protecting the ball running off tackle; Legursky's snap; the penalties; what looked to be a miscommunication on the pattern for the last play....

At the same time, I still see Snyder spending all his sideline time talking up the refs, wide-eyed like he's trying to figure out what just happened rather than what he needs to do next.  I about flipped when the ESPN announcers said that Snyder went over the sideline reporter DURING A DRIVE to joke with him about how the stated plans for the second half had changed!  A Pruett, a Tressel, etc. - field generals - are focused on the game and strategy, not on Greg White-like sideline antics.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "IM4DHERD"
    Mental errors by the players killed us - Marshall fumbled because he was clearly not protecting the ball running off tackle; Legursky's snap; the penalties; what looked to be a miscommunication on the pattern for the last play....

Agreed.  Once again, these mistakes reflect on coaching though.  It's about discipline and we dont have it.  

At the same time, I still see Snyder spending all his sideline time talking up the refs, wide-eyed like he's trying to figure out what just happened rather than what he needs to do next.  I about flipped when the ESPN announcers said that Snyder went over the sideline reporter DURING A DRIVE to joke with him about how the stated plans for the second half had changed!  A Pruett, a Tressel, etc. - field generals - are focused on the game and strategy, not on Greg White-like sideline antics

LOL.  I can't believe I just read that. :shock:

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 11:10:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No Bison, I still think we can have a breakout year in 2009, we have some good young talent; its just my confidence in Snyder and staff developing that talent is waivering for the first time. One things for sure, both the staff and team have a lot of work in front of them. What are your thoughts?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Up5491yours

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 11:28:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The simple truth is that Mark Snyder can't coach.  It has nothing to do with injuries or inexperience.  9-19 speaks for itself.   In 28 games as head coach we have not beaten one good team.   And I'm not talking about top twenty teams, I mean one single good team.  Not one!   We get beat by SEC teams the same way we get beat by 1-AA teams.  

William & Mary
    Alabama Birmingham (2)
    SMU
    Tulane  (2)
    Hofstra
    UTEP
    Memphis

These are the wins while Snyder has been coach.  I may be mistaken but I believe we have failed to beat a 1-A team with a winning record that season.  

Now ask yourself, why were our defensive backs playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage against the spread offense, allowing a backup QB to throw for almost 350 yds?  Why do we rarely throw deep even though we have the weapons?   Why does our team start games with absolutely no sense of urgency?  And on and on and on........

How long does it take to convince people this man cannot coach?   He cannot commit to anything.   His very first game exemplified his coaching style, indecisive and scared.   Start Skinner, pull Skinner for Morris in the first half.  Since then he has failed to commit to anything.   He can't decide what type of offense he wants to run, the option?  the spread?  power football?  a hybrib of each?   He can't decide what type of defense to run, attacking?  the press?   ten yards off the ball?     He can't make a decision and stick with it and it has destroyed our team.  He can recruit players but he can't develop players because he cannot make decisions.  A head coach has to come to the job with a clear vision of his style of play.  He then hires asst. coaches that fit that style and recruits players that can implement that style.  This man has no style.   He cannot decide what he wants to do and it is destroying our program.   Any confidence the players might have had in this man's ability to get the job done is gone and the only way to change this is to change the coach.   Blaming the players is what Mark Snyder does, it should not be what we do.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "thunder627"
    Quote from: "W0lfman"
    I think at some point the players need to share the responsibility.  Bad things I saw happen last night had nothing to do with the coaches.

Coaches are hired to recruit and coach. Head coach is accountable.
    I didnt say the head coach shouldnt be accountable.  I didnt say the players shouldnt be accountable either.  They both should be held accountable.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »